Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ricky Stanzi

corgi

Can everybody please stop talking about how tough it is to play at Arrowhead? Were not playing the stadium, were not playing the fans, were playing a bad team that has won one game at home all yr., and that was a highly emotional game for them after the murder/suicide. Weather is not going to be a factor, it's suppose to be around 40 degree's and partly sunny. Not exactly intimidating weather and it looks like they are going to be going against a 3rd string QB. You can never overlook an opponent, but come on.

I don't care about the stadium, or the weather, or the fans. But our team is definitely not good enough for me to be comfortable going into any matchup against anyone, anywhere.

Us fans can do whatever we want on a message board, including overlooking the Chiefs. But I don't think the team will. I think our guys are going to play very well against the Chiefs. But I'm still nervous.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I remember correctly, The Indianapolis Colts went into the Meadowlands on October 14 and were humiliated by the New York Jets 35-9.  I also remember Blaine Gabbert beating us on and 80 yard TD.

I do not care if it is Ricky Stanzi, Ricky Ricardo, Ricky Bobby.........or the ghost of Montana's Past.....we better wake up and play in all phases of the game.  We cannot think we are a remotely good football team after the comedy of errors last week.  Film, practice, and 60 minutes of football is needed at one of the toughest venues to play in....in the entire NFL......the place will be rocking....on a very chilly Sunday afternoon.

Yes we had better be ready for Charles.......and the entire Chiefs team....we NEED this game.   :colts:  :colts:  :colts:

2824835_o.gif

I don't care about the stadium, or the weather, or the fans. But our team is definitely not good enough for me to be comfortable going into any matchup against anyone, anywhere.

Us fans can do whatever we want on a message board, including overlooking the Chiefs. But I don't think the team will. I think our guys are going to play very well against the Chiefs. But I'm still nervous.

Really? You don't feel comfortable playing anyone? That's Shocking to me, we have already proven we can beat great teams, and we have a few losses to some bad teams, but that was in the first 6 weeks of the season.

For sure you are correct on this one. If we can fall behind by 13 to the Titans at home , survive Cleve at home by a TD pass lost in the lights , get beat at home by the soon to be 2-14 Jags , why can't we have our hands full in a very tough environment even though the opponant is weak ? Our team is living on the edge and still 6-7 players from having a good roster. 

I like our chances. This game reminds me of the Jacksonville game.

Go on the road against a bad team and win by at least a TD.

Our defense plays better with Vontae in the line-up and Lefeged has stepped in well for Zibby. 

Also we have comeback well from losses and the veterans realize that they just need to win against the Chiefs, and they are in the playoffs!

I think it will be close early on. In the 2nd half I see the Colts dominating it and winning it.

It is going to be a cold day in you know what if Ricky Stanzi keeps the Colts from the playoffs. On one side you have a Colts team with Andrew Luck/Reggie Wayne/Robert Mathis/Dwight Freeney who might be getting Pagano back soon, the man they are fighting for and they all realize a win gives them a spot in the playoffs and potentially even some needed rest in the finale.

On the flip side we have Ricky freaking Stanzi, a Chiefs team who looked like a virus vs. the Raiders and the few fans there who still have passion for anything other then the first pick will be screaming their heads off for Ricky Stanzi.

With what is at stake the Colts simply cannot lose this game. And they have no reason too, even if the final score is 7-6.

Granted I know we still have depth issues, the o line can be a pile of vomit, everyone hates Arian's play calling and people still have nightmares of some away games but there is no reason in the world why the Colts should lose this game.

If we fear Ricky Stanzi then how will we talk heading into the playoffs facing a QB a lot better? (even if it is Joe Flacco coached by Jim Caldwell)

For all we know old Ricky Stanzi has a decent game too. But, we just have to score one more point.

Really? You don't feel comfortable playing anyone? That's Shocking to me, we have already proven we can beat great teams, and we have a few losses to some bad teams, but that was in the first 6 weeks of the season.

I don't think we've beaten a great team. I think we beat a struggling Packers team. 

I'm not saying I don't think we can play with anyone, or that I expect us to lose every game. I'm just saying that I don't think we're a good enough team where we can expect a top notch performance in any given week, even against a bad team. We've really only had one game that I'd characterize as "top notch," and that was against one of the two worst teams in the league. I expect us to beat the Chiefs, and I'm kind of optimistic that we'll have a solid game; I'd be disappointed if we didn't. But we're not so much better than anyone that I can look at the schedule and say "this is a win." 

Does that make any sense?

Vaughn better not make some college QB famous who was not really anything that good then. but our Secondary has had the knack for making poor QB's look good. If Vaughn does maybe he should just go ahead and start looking for tryouts for the CFL or the Indoor Football League.

Can everybody please stop talking about how tough it is to play at Arrowhead? Were not playing the stadium,

I have no idea how Arians is going to properly call plays to help defeat the stadium. Not to mention our o line vs. that stadium.

It's gonna be a long day for Luck as he fights the stadium Sunday.

QB Ricky Stanzi could start vs our Colts Sunday. Apparently Brady Quinn is nursing sore ribs, and they don't trust Matt Cassell. Per Rotoworld. I have no idea who Ricky Stanzi is.

Wondering what happened to the other thread.........Shows GONE!  It must be in hiding...... :thinking:  :peek:

To be honest, backup QB did well this season, just think of Chad Henne, Collin Kaepernic, Cousins or Batch... So we shouldn't scorn KC or feel 10th W in the pocket. Arrowhead is tough place for almost any team, and we are struggling a lot on the road this season...so sleeves must be rolled and work must be done. I hope in a week time we will discuss our opponent in the wild card round.

I'm trying to be realistic, and as any given Sunday: GO COLTS!!!

To be honest, backup QB did well this season, just think of Chad Henne, Collin Kaepernic, Cousins or Batch... So we shouldn't scorn KC or feel 10th W in the pocket. Arrowhead is tough place for almost any team, and we are struggling a lot on the road this season...so sleeves must be rolled and work must be done. I hope in a week time we will discuss our opponent in the wild card round.

I'm trying to be realistic, and as any given Sunday: GO COLTS!!!

He is a pro quarterback to his credit.

If I remember watching him at Iowa, Stanzi was just really up and down. He would have games where he looked very good and then games where he would throw 5 INTs (not exaggerating...I think he did have a game his senior year where he threw 5 picks). He is on an NFL roster because when he plays well he could be a serviceable NFL QB. But I doubt he is the next Steve Young taking advantage of an injury to show the NFL that he is a star.

Colts need to win this game and Colts SHOULD win this game. Even with the QB aside, the KC team is a complete mess and looked horrible versus an almost equally bad Raiders team this past weekend. As others including myself have already stated, if the Colts can't win on the road versus an awful KC team, then we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

Blaine Gabbert......Curtis Painter.......wow the praises are just pouring in! LOL

I could see Arians being HC in KC next year. Think about it he's worked with Peyton, Big Ben, and Andrew Luck. KC should get the first pick, and I see a lot of KC fans clamoring for Geno Smith. Geno is a mobile QB, and has a good enough arm to set up big plays, problem is I don't know who he will be throwing to.

Brady Quinn (ribs) will start Sunday's game against the Colts.

Quinn's rib injury turned out to be a mere scare. He earns the honor of getting back under center behind a decimated offensive line and trying to throw to receivers that can't separate. Over the last two games, Quinn has completed just 52.8 percent of his passes and the Chiefs have scored a total of seven points. It's a bad sign for Ricky Stanzi's future that he can't even get a late-season look here.

Brady Quinn (ribs) will start Sunday's game against the Colts.

Quinn's rib injury turned out to be a mere scare. He earns the honor of getting back under center behind a decimated offensive line and trying to throw to receivers that can't separate. Over the last two games, Quinn has completed just 52.8 percent of his passes and the Chiefs have scored a total of seven points. It's a bad sign for Ricky Stanzi's future that he can't even get a late-season look here.

thanks

I have no idea how Arians is going to properly call plays to help defeat the stadium. Not to mention our o line vs. that stadium.

It's gonna be a long day for Luck as he fights the stadium Sunday.

That's what I was thinking, I'm more worried about the stadium than Ricky Stanzi. Even though Ricky Stanzi is a proven Super Bowl veteran with a 98.7% completion rating, 72,294 yards and 18 Super Bowl appearances (only losing one), that stadium is a force to be reckoned with. I don't even think Albert Haynesworth could take it on alone.

I think only demolition could defeat it.

Which QB will be back in KC?

Cassel, Quinn, or Stanzi

Cassel, I dont think he is near as bad as many is making him out to be, last season he played at least 15 games (2010) he through for 27 TD's and 7 picks, I dont claim he is a star by a long shot but if he could stay healthy along with there running game I think he would be fine.

Dave Skretta Dave Skretta ‏@APdaveskretta

Passes I just saw Ricky Stanzi throw in practice are why he doesn't play. One bounced 10 ft in front of a receiver 15 yds away. #Chiefs

Retweeted by Tom James

I guess the comparisons to Curtis Painter are spot on 100% accurate!   :lol:  :funny:  :spit:  lmao  rotflmao