Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It's looking like... Playoff Scenarios

Coltswarriors

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather face?

• Cincinnati Bengals
    • Pittsburgh Steelers
    • Baltimore Ravens
    • Doesn't matter, we don't have a chance against any of them!
    • Doesn't matter, we could beat any of them!
    • Undecided
  2. 2. Who do you think WILL win the AFC North?

• Cincinnati Bengals
    • Pittsburgh Steelers
    • Baltimore Ravens

Colts @ Ravens                           

Colts @Texans

Bengals @ Pats

Pats @ Broncos           Broncos @ Texans                       Broncos v. 49ers

The AFC North is baffling at times but I like the story lines vs. any of them:

1) Ravens-Pagano's return. And we play vs. Caldwell!

2) Steelers-Arians vs. Pittsburgh, yippie.

3) Bengals-Nothing as noteable but a budding Luck/Dalton rivalry could emerge for fans and the media for the future.

If you guys were to upset anybody in the playoffs I would expect it to be the Ravens.  That offense is in complete disarray and they're in a pretty awful situation with Flacco, who is not good but still better than they've managed in some time and has a pay day coming up.

That said, if Ray Lewis is back on the field you never know what could happen to that defense.  The man ain't what he used to be but when big games role around his ability to get his teammates going and make a few big plays is something you can't help but respect.

The Broncos drop either game and the Pats win out it will be Broncos playing wild card weekend.

The Colts could still end up facing Denver but I'm all for going to Baltimore just for the warm welcome the Colts always receive for "old home" week......

Go Blue!

If you guys were to upset anybody in the playoffs I would expect it to be the Ravens.  That offense is in complete disarray and they're in a pretty awful situation with Flacco, who is not good but still better than they've managed in some time and has a pay day coming up.

That said, if Ray Lewis is back on the field you never know what could happen to that defense.  The man ain't what he used to be but when big games role around his ability to get his teammates going and make a few big plays is something you can't help but respect.

Very true. They need his leadership desperately, the people in Baltimore have gone totally wacko and are in panic mode. A loss in the first round would definitely not go over well with the players or the fans, not with the aspirations they had this season.

IF we get in I bet we play Denver, we still have to win and beating KC wont be at easy task, forget what there record is

1) The Colts are going to get in the playoffs - it is a virtual lock. 

2) The Broncos have a bye right now and finish with home games against the Browns and the Chiefs.  The Colts will not be playing Denver unless it is in the divisional round

3) The word is their not there as in "forget what their record is."

Colts @ Ravens                           

Colts @Texans

Bengals @ Pats

Pats @ Broncos           Colts @ Broncos        Colts v. 49ers     Colts = SuperBowl Champs

Corrected for the dream.

My newest fear lately is that Pittsburgh wins out and the Ravens continue to self destruct. Wouldn't it just be OUR LUCK to draw the Steelers. After 1995 and 2005 we all cringe at these guys.

If we go to Pittsburgh we either squeak it out and finally get revenge or we get jobbed by the refs and just lose again. We tend to have heart pounding playoff games vs. them......

Many compare this team to the vibes of 1995 so playing the Steelers would be the height of irony.

Also Arians would be foaming at the mouth if we drew Pittsburgh somehow.

Isn't it amazing. The Steelers are still alive as always. They lose so what. They are usually alive....and both their final games are at home.

The Steelers could also grab the 6th seed but watching Baltimore lately I am wondering if they will show any signs of life in the next few weeks. They look just pathetic. And now their offense is joining the D in injuries. The Flacco/Caldwell genius combo needs to pick it up vs. the G men or Bengals.....

So it will be interesting to see how this mess in the North all works itself out.

There is no scenario where we are kept out of the playoffs/  With the jets loss we are in.  If the steelers and ravens winout.  THey are both in.  Bengals win out and steelers win in final week.  Its the bengals and the ravens.    If we ALL 4 finish with a 9-7 record its the steelers and ravens and we have the 6th seed.  No matter how you try to turn it, flip it, spin it, whatever, we are in.  I personally believe it will be us against the Ravens as the 5th seed.  Then we would get Houston again if we win.