Photo

It's looking like... Playoff Scenarios

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

Poll: It's looking like... Playoff Scenarios (88 member(s) have cast votes)

Who would you rather face?

1. Cincinnati Bengals (14 votes [15.91%])

Percentage of vote: 15.91%

2. Pittsburgh Steelers (4 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

3. Baltimore Ravens (53 votes [60.23%])

Percentage of vote: 60.23%

4. Doesn't matter, we don't have a chance against any of them! (1 votes [1.14%])

Percentage of vote: 1.14%

5. Doesn't matter, we could beat any of them! (14 votes [15.91%])

Percentage of vote: 15.91%

6. Undecided (2 votes [2.27%])

Percentage of vote: 2.27%

Who do you think WILL win the AFC North?

1. Cincinnati Bengals (19 votes [21.59%])

Percentage of vote: 21.59%

2. Pittsburgh Steelers (6 votes [6.82%])

Percentage of vote: 6.82%

3. Baltimore Ravens (63 votes [71.59%])

Percentage of vote: 71.59%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Coltswarriors

Coltswarriors
  • 2073 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

So, we'll definitely be going on the road for the first game and it's looking like we'll be playing the winner of the AFC North. So two questions:

Who would you rather the Colts face?
Who do you think WILL win the AFC North?

Preseason Live: Indianapolis ColtsColts Football Starts Now. Don't Miss a Moment!

#2 conklincolt

conklincolt
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

If were a six seed it would be denver,i thinks

#3 Gavin

Gavin
  • 17355 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

IF we get in I bet we play Denver, we still have to win and beating KC wont be at easy task, forget what there record is

#4 feeling LUCKy

feeling LUCKy
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

denver will have the other bye. i hope we play cincinnati. i think that would be the most winnable game.

#5 Coltswarriors

Coltswarriors
  • 2073 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

We won't be playing Denver, unless you think Denver will lose against either the Browns or Chiefs AT HOME.

We're not playing Denver lol.

#6 coltsleafs

coltsleafs
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

I would like to play Cincy. My buddy a big Bengals fan so I'm sure we'd end up going to game.

#7 open window

open window
  • 454 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

Colts @ Ravens                           

Colts @Texans

Bengals @ Pats

Pats @ Broncos           Broncos @ Texans                       Broncos v. 49ers

Billy Dee Williams says...

"It works every time!"

#8 Austin Stone

Austin Stone
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

you have to remember the chiefs were shut out by oakland it may not be a BREEZE, but it will be a pretty easy W

#9 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 6016 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

patriots

#10 Jules

Jules
  • 7395 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

The AFC North is baffling at times but I like the story lines vs. any of them:

1) Ravens-Pagano's return. And we play vs. Caldwell!

2) Steelers-Arians vs. Pittsburgh, yippie.

3) Bengals-Nothing as noteable but a budding Luck/Dalton rivalry could emerge for fans and the media for the future.

#11 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 6016 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

3) Bengals-Nothing as noteable but a budding Luck/Dalton rivalry could emerge for fans and the media for the future.

the I-74 thing could fuel a rivalry. only 112 miles between our fair cities

#12 RGIII

RGIII
  • 1113 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

If you guys were to upset anybody in the playoffs I would expect it to be the Ravens.  That offense is in complete disarray and they're in a pretty awful situation with Flacco, who is not good but still better than they've managed in some time and has a pay day coming up.

That said, if Ray Lewis is back on the field you never know what could happen to that defense.  The man ain't what he used to be but when big games role around his ability to get his teammates going and make a few big plays is something you can't help but respect.

#13 MR. Blueblood

MR. Blueblood
  • 1014 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

I see us playing either the Ravens or Bengals.  Both would be good games and both provide an opportunity for a W.  We should remain in the 5th seed providing we beat KC this week.

"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself."--Sun Tzu

#14 The Peytonator

The Peytonator
  • 2904 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

I'm scared of Baltimore....I hear they have an offensive coordinator of outstanding football IQ, a real X's and O's genius.

#15 Hendo12

Hendo12
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

We got this
A Wolfpack Of One

#16 subvet

subvet

Stand by....

• 1158 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

The Broncos drop either game and the Pats win out it will be Broncos playing wild card weekend.

The Colts could still end up facing Denver but I'm all for going to Baltimore just for the warm welcome the Colts always receive for "old home" week......

Go Blue!

Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway-John Wayne

gallery_3_63_39724.jpg

#17 buccolts

buccolts
  • 2033 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

I'm scared of Baltimore....I hear they have an offensive coordinator of outstanding football IQ, a real X's and O's genius.

That, and his ability to whip them into a frenzy.

I'm just glad we got Clyde to offset it.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely *ic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

#18 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 7407 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:55 AM

If you guys were to upset anybody in the playoffs I would expect it to be the Ravens.  That offense is in complete disarray and they're in a pretty awful situation with Flacco, who is not good but still better than they've managed in some time and has a pay day coming up.

That said, if Ray Lewis is back on the field you never know what could happen to that defense.  The man ain't what he used to be but when big games role around his ability to get his teammates going and make a few big plays is something you can't help but respect.

Very true. They need his leadership desperately, the people in Baltimore have gone totally wacko and are in panic mode. A loss in the first round would definitely not go over well with the players or the fans, not with the aspirations they had this season.

Houston Texans, 2011, 2012 AFC South Champions

#19 jskinnz

jskinnz
  • 2700 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:54 AM

IF we get in I bet we play Denver, we still have to win and beating KC wont be at easy task, forget what there record is

1) The Colts are going to get in the playoffs - it is a virtual lock. 

2) The Broncos have a bye right now and finish with home games against the Browns and the Chiefs.  The Colts will not be playing Denver unless it is in the divisional round

3) The word is their not there as in "forget what their record is."

#20 jskinnz

jskinnz
  • 2700 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

I would prefer the Bengals if for no other reason than that would be a playoff game we attend.

#21 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 4261 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

I think playing the Ravens would be our best bet.

Then we can see one last hoorah of the Caldwellface. <- the same look before win, and the same look after we win.

#22 Steagles

Steagles

Matt Overton and I!

• 880 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

With all of the defemsive injuries to both Baltimore and Cincinatti, I'd take either. I thionk our D better matches with Baltimore, so I'd want Baltimore.

I am predicting 11-5 this year for the Colts. 

#23 Coltsfanman1953

Coltsfanman1953
  • 345 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:01 PM

I can see it now. We play Baltimore and Adam V kicks 5 field goals. We win 15 - 12.

#24 rockywoj

rockywoj
  • 407 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

Colts @ Ravens                           

Colts @Texans

Bengals @ Pats

Pats @ Broncos           Colts @ Broncos        Colts v. 49ers     Colts = SuperBowl Champs

Corrected for the dream.

#25 Jules

Jules
  • 7395 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

My newest fear lately is that Pittsburgh wins out and the Ravens continue to self destruct. Wouldn't it just be OUR LUCK to draw the Steelers. After 1995 and 2005 we all cringe at these guys.

If we go to Pittsburgh we either squeak it out and finally get revenge or we get jobbed by the refs and just lose again. We tend to have heart pounding playoff games vs. them......

Many compare this team to the vibes of 1995 so playing the Steelers would be the height of irony.

Also Arians would be foaming at the mouth if we drew Pittsburgh somehow.

Isn't it amazing. The Steelers are still alive as always. They lose so what. They are usually alive....and both their final games are at home.

The Steelers could also grab the 6th seed but watching Baltimore lately I am wondering if they will show any signs of life in the next few weeks. They look just pathetic. And now their offense is joining the D in injuries. The Flacco/Caldwell genius combo needs to pick it up vs. the G men or Bengals.....

So it will be interesting to see how this mess in the North all works itself out.

#26 Narcosys

Narcosys
  • 1629 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

There is no scenario where we are kept out of the playoffs/  With the jets loss we are in.  If the steelers and ravens winout.  THey are both in.  Bengals win out and steelers win in final week.  Its the bengals and the ravens.    If we ALL 4 finish with a 9-7 record its the steelers and ravens and we have the 6th seed.  No matter how you try to turn it, flip it, spin it, whatever, we are in.  I personally believe it will be us against the Ravens as the 5th seed.  Then we would get Houston again if we win.

#27 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 14683 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

Ravens

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#28 Coltswarriors

Coltswarriors
  • 2073 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

Steelers are eliminated.

We will play the winner of the Bengals vs Ravens game next week.

#29 Coltswarriors

Coltswarriors
  • 2073 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

Steelers are eliminated.

We will play the winner of the Bengals vs Ravens game next week.

I was wrong. Doesn't matter who wins next week.

Colts will be playing the Ravens for sure.

#30 uniquicity

uniquicity
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

Ravens can still get the 3rd seed if they beat the Bengals and Miami win at New England. Unlikely, but still a small chance.

#31 Coltswarriors

Coltswarriors
  • 2073 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

Ravens can still get the 3rd seed if they beat the Bengals and Miami win at New England. Unlikely, but still a small chance.

Ugh, you are right!

There is an outside chance for us to be playing New England, but more than likely it'll be Baltimore.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates