Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ColtsBlueFL

Peyton, 9 wins >7 point margin

10 posts in this topic

Peyton being Peyton.  He did this once before-

From Elias: The Broncos extended their winning streak to nine games with a 34-17 victory at Baltimore. All nine of Denver's wins have been by a margin of at least seven points. Over the last 10 years, only one other team posted at least nine straight wins by seven or more points in the same season. The common element between Denver and that team is the quarterback.  Peyton Manning and the Colts won each of their first 13 games by at least seven points in 2005.

4 people like this

Peyton being Peyton.  He did this once before-

From Elias: The Broncos extended their winning streak to nine games with a 34-17 victory at Baltimore. All nine of Denver's wins have been by a margin of at least seven points. Over the last 10 years, only one other team posted at least nine straight wins by seven or more points in the same season. The common element between Denver and that team is the quarterback.  Peyton Manning and the Colts won each of their first 13 games by at least seven points in 2005.

Exactly, but hope they don't make the same mistake as the 05 Colts folding completely in the playoff.

Exactly, but hope they don't make the same mistake as the 05 Colts folding completely in the playoff.

Eerie that you mention that because the Steelers are knocking on the door as a #6 seed and an AFC South team could be #1 seed (Texans) and you could have the road warriors Steelers going to Denver for the AFCCG like in 2005??? DEJA VU, it would be!!!

But that is still a while away. Since you mentioned 2005, I thought I'd bring it up. At least let me be the first one to predict that wacky DEJA VU scenario :)

1 person likes this

Eerie that you mention that because the Steelers are knocking on the door as a #6 seed and an AFC South team could be #1 seed (Texans) and you could have the road warriors Steelers going to Denver for the AFCCG like in 2005??? DEJA VU, it would be!!!

But that is still a while away. Since you mentioned 2005, I thought I'd bring it up. At least let me be the first one to predict that wacky DEJA VU scenario :)

its ok , Harper isnt on team even if wife stabs his quad and he cant get around big ben & no vanderjerk though prater missed another 45 yarder yesterday & hes was franchised, fas been iffy some games

1 person likes this

Dont forget the 05 Colts also handled the Steelers pretty well in the regular season, just like Broncos did in this season's opener...

Broncos should root for Colts and Bengals to block the Steelers outside the playoff!

its ok , Harper isnt on team even if wife stabs his quad and he cant get around big ben & no vanderjerk though prater missed another 45 yarder yesterday & hes was franchised, fas been iffy some games

Prater and vanderjerk are both strugling kickers who are awfully accurate at mile high stadium ~~~

Prater and vanderjerk are both strugling kickers who are awfully accurate at mile high stadium ~~~

my first year with Prater, havent tried to note where playing when missed FG's, Thanks

Dont forget the 05 Colts also handled the Steelers pretty well in the regular season, just like Broncos did in this season's opener...

Broncos should root for Colts and Bengals to block the Steelers outside the playoff!

Only difference is Ryan Clark of the Steelers cannot play at the high altitude due to his sickle cell issue, he can however play anywhere else.

Only difference is Ryan Clark of the Steelers cannot play at the high altitude due to his sickle cell issue, he can however play anywhere else.

that has been a key loss on their D in Denver

Steelers arnt a threat to Broncos. IF they do play, its in Mile High. Which means safety Ryan Clark cant suit up (due to high altitudes). Clark is an underrated part of that D, and with only 1 safety out there, Peyton would have his way with the D. Just like he did at the beginning of the season.