•  

Photo

Peyton, 9 wins >7 point margin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

Off IR and into the PUP

• 2833 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

Peyton being Peyton.  He did this once before-

From Elias: The Broncos extended their winning streak to nine games with a 34-17 victory at Baltimore. All nine of Denver's wins have been by a margin of at least seven points. Over the last 10 years, only one other team posted at least nine straight wins by seven or more points in the same season. The common element between Denver and that team is the quarterback.  Peyton Manning and the Colts won each of their first 13 games by at least seven points in 2005.

“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.”       -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 tonychen

tonychen
  • 912 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

Peyton being Peyton.  He did this once before-

From Elias: The Broncos extended their winning streak to nine games with a 34-17 victory at Baltimore. All nine of Denver's wins have been by a margin of at least seven points. Over the last 10 years, only one other team posted at least nine straight wins by seven or more points in the same season. The common element between Denver and that team is the quarterback.  Peyton Manning and the Colts won each of their first 13 games by at least seven points in 2005.

Exactly, but hope they don't make the same mistake as the 05 Colts folding completely in the playoff.

#3 chad72

chad72
  • 8862 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

Exactly, but hope they don't make the same mistake as the 05 Colts folding completely in the playoff.

Eerie that you mention that because the Steelers are knocking on the door as a #6 seed and an AFC South team could be #1 seed (Texans) and you could have the road warriors Steelers going to Denver for the AFCCG like in 2005??? DEJA VU, it would be!!!

But that is still a while away. Since you mentioned 2005, I thought I'd bring it up. At least let me be the first one to predict that wacky DEJA VU scenario :)

#4 bayone

bayone

bayone

• 7005 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

Eerie that you mention that because the Steelers are knocking on the door as a #6 seed and an AFC South team could be #1 seed (Texans) and you could have the road warriors Steelers going to Denver for the AFCCG like in 2005??? DEJA VU, it would be!!!

But that is still a while away. Since you mentioned 2005, I thought I'd bring it up. At least let me be the first one to predict that wacky DEJA VU scenario :)

its ok , Harper isnt on team even if wife stabs his quad and he cant get around big ben & no vanderjerk though prater missed another 45 yarder yesterday & hes was franchised, fas been iffy some games

Forgive any typos, try to catch, but have multiple progressive disabilities

#5 tonychen

tonychen
  • 912 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

Dont forget the 05 Colts also handled the Steelers pretty well in the regular season, just like Broncos did in this season's opener...

Broncos should root for Colts and Bengals to block the Steelers outside the playoff!

#6 tonychen

tonychen
  • 912 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

its ok , Harper isnt on team even if wife stabs his quad and he cant get around big ben & no vanderjerk though prater missed another 45 yarder yesterday & hes was franchised, fas been iffy some games

Prater and vanderjerk are both strugling kickers who are awfully accurate at mile high stadium ~~~

#7 bayone

bayone

bayone

• 7005 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

Prater and vanderjerk are both strugling kickers who are awfully accurate at mile high stadium ~~~

my first year with Prater, havent tried to note where playing when missed FG's, Thanks

#8 chad72

chad72
  • 8862 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

Dont forget the 05 Colts also handled the Steelers pretty well in the regular season, just like Broncos did in this season's opener...

Broncos should root for Colts and Bengals to block the Steelers outside the playoff!

Only difference is Ryan Clark of the Steelers cannot play at the high altitude due to his sickle cell issue, he can however play anywhere else.

#9 bayone

bayone

bayone

• 7005 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

Only difference is Ryan Clark of the Steelers cannot play at the high altitude due to his sickle cell issue, he can however play anywhere else.

that has been a key loss on their D in Denver

#10 fvantagio

fvantagio
  • 479 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

Steelers arnt a threat to Broncos. IF they do play, its in Mile High. Which means safety Ryan Clark cant suit up (due to high altitudes). Clark is an underrated part of that D, and with only 1 safety out there, Peyton would have his way with the D. Just like he did at the beginning of the season.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      24 Jul
    Bogie

Edmond O'Brien - a decent actor that fell off my oldies radar. D.O.A. was pretty good for a public domain film. Thank you someone for the Internet Archive.

View All Updates