Photo

Ruled out vs Chiefs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#1 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 6629 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

@pwilson24: #Colts Bruce Arians says Conner, Zbikowski, Satele and Carter won't play Sunday at K.C.

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 HungarianColtsFan

HungarianColtsFan
  • 2639 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

Looks good.

COLTSTRONG

#3 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 6629 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

Also Arians say they will find out nore Wednesday if AQ Shipley can play or not Sunday. If he can't go McGlynn will play center, which most likely means the one and only Seth Olsen will find himself back in the starting lineup

#4 NewEra

NewEra
  • 4234 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

they need to rule BA out of his play calling for the rest of the year!! make CC the offense coordinator.

Colts fan for 20+ years. Was Colts4Lyfe on forums years and 5 or so different sites ago. Been lurking around ever since. Decided to rejoin to bond with my fellow fans in our time of need. Really excited at what lies ahead!!

#5 Indyfan4life

Indyfan4life

King Optimistic

• 1314 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

The first day of the off season, this team needs to immediately go into FA and get some GOOD O-Linemen.

#6 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 10917 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

More Key Injuries. Looks like Hali & Justin Houston will have a Field Day come Sunday smh
"I differ what they prefer, so they count me like the census"

#7 dw49

dw49
  • 3829 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

Maybe Justice back ?

#8 cmgww

cmgww
  • 1321 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

Sign Trai Essex!! He's better than Olsen and played ok in the time he was needed...is he available?
In it to win it since 1992....COLTS fan first, Manning fan 2nd

#9 Quantum88

Quantum88
  • 401 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

Change the game plan. Use runs and short passes to limit the amount of time the OL has to sustain pass protection and then go play action for a few long shots. But then we have a stubborn Offensive Coordinator/Head Coach who refuses to recognize talent differential between our offensive linemen and all pro defensive linemen and line backers.

My new Sunday afternoon game plan - pray for Andrew Luck's ability to survive without getting hurt.

#10 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7281 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

Sign Trai Essex!! He's better than Olsen and played ok in the time he was needed...is he available?

He's still available.  Wasn't his mobility an issue?  I know at one time he basically ate himself out of a job.

#11 rockywoj

rockywoj
  • 414 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:24 PM

CC?  Wasn't he in charge of the offense during the offensive debacle of 2011?  No thank you on that one.

Honestly, I don't mind Arian's planning, but I think Luck has to learn to go quicker to the check down, especially with his porous OL.  More checking down will open up the longer vertical game.  Luck has to do a better job of that and improve his accuracy.

#12 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 8082 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

Can someone tell me please what happened to Shipley?      All I've read is that the injury happened in the final seconds of the game. 

Leg?    Arm?    Something else?     Did it look terrible?     Your thoughts please!

#13 bobourret

bobourret
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

they need to rule BA out of his play calling for the rest of the year!! make CC the offense coordinator.

This drives me crazy

He has done a wonderful job ask any Steeler fan or player if they would want him back

#14 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 6629 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

CC? Wasn't he in charge of the offense during the offensive debacle of 2011? No thank you on that one.

Honestly, I don't mind Arian's planning, but I think Luck has to learn to go quicker to the check down, especially with his porous OL. More checking down will open up the longer vertical game. Luck has to do a better job of that and improve his accuracy.
Not really, Jim Caldwell wanted to keep the offense the same just like it was with manning and he overruled CC(because CC knew Painter couldn't handle that whole offense) so he had to respect his wishes as a result Caldwell sunk with the ship. Caldwell admitted that after the season and that he should had handled that situation differently

#15 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6664 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

Can someone tell me please what happened to Shipley?      All I've read is that the injury happened in the final seconds of the game. 

Leg?    Arm?    Something else?     Did it look terrible?     Your thoughts please!

Haven't heard anything on him, but he was limping pretty bad coming off the field after it happened. Don't know if it was a knee, ankle, or what it was.

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today". -- James Dean.

#16 Gavin

Gavin
  • 17786 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

Not really, Jim Caldwell wanted to keep the offense the same just like it was with manning and he overruled CC(because CC knew Painter couldn't handle that whole offense) so he had to respect his wishes as a result Caldwell sunk with the ship. Caldwell admitted that after the season and that he should had handled that situation differently

How do we know it was Caldwell that wanted to keep the offense the same? Polian was the one that brought Collins in to run Mannings offense, How do we know Christianson. Just wondering when Caldwell admitted this. I never saw that interview

#17 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 6629 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

How do we know it was Caldwell that wanted to keep the offense the same? Polian was the one that brought Collins in to run Mannings offense, How do we know Christianson. Just wondering when Caldwell admitted this. I never saw that interview

Probably was polian overriding them all. It was a long time ago but I remember reading that somewhere over the offseason

#18 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 15650 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

leg

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#19 BleedBlu8792

BleedBlu8792
  • 1081 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

This drives me crazy

He has done a wonderful job ask any Steeler fan or player if they would want him back

It was the majority of the Steeler fans that wanted him gone.

#20 jvan1973

jvan1973
  • 10780 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

It was the majority of the Steeler fans that wanted him gone.

Ask big Ben what he thinks

#21 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 4574 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

This!!!

The guy can play any position and I don't care if he eats alot!!

#22 SteelCityColt

SteelCityColt
  • 3861 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

This!!!

The guy can play any position and I don't care if he eats alot!!

I'd willingly hand feed Essex myself if it meant Olsen not starting. 

#23 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 4574 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:14 AM

I'd willingly hand feed Essex myself if it meant Olsen not starting. 

Hahhahahah.......I'll help!

#24 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 6629 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

@mchappell51: #colts Bruce Arians: Tom Zbikowski upgraded to Questionable. Wait and see. Samson Satele, Delone Carter and Kavell Conner are Out.

#25 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 6629 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

This drives me crazy

Funny part is, the Steelers wanted to get back to steeler football with running the football and more 50/50 run pass. Yet the colts with Arians are running more and more efficiently than the Steelers and Big Ben is still dropping back 40 times a game

#26 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 15650 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

Any news on Shipley?

PrincetonTiger77

#27 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 6629 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

Any news on Shipley?
@pwilson24: IMO, fact #Colts didn't add O-lineman to roster Tuesday suggests Justice and/or Shipley will be able to play Sunday. But we'll see.
@pwilson24: #Colts' B.A. says Satele, Conner, Carter are out. Guys hurt at Houston Sunday are all questionable.

#28 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 15650 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

@pwilson24: IMO, fact #Colts didn't add O-lineman to roster Tuesday suggests Justice and/or Shipley will be able to play Sunday. But we'll see.

Also Arians did say everybody who got hurt in Houston are all questionable

thanks

PrincetonTiger77

#29 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

Off IR and into the PUP

• 3194 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

Change the game plan. Use runs and short passes to limit the amount of time the OL has to sustain pass protection and then go play action for a few long shots. But then we have a stubborn Offensive Coordinator/Head Coach who refuses to recognize talent differential between our offensive linemen and all pro defensive linemen and line backers.

My new Sunday afternoon game plan - pray for Andrew Luck's ability to survive without getting hurt.

BA has been changing the game plan Check downs are on every play. Routes are shorter.  But, it's not working because their D doesn't play 8 yards off the ball and dropping back in cover. They up and in the face of every receiver.  They know that only have to cover the receiver like a blanket for 3 seconds or so , and our O protection has broken down.  So forget nobody being open downfield, they're not getting separation even in the short patterns.  What we need is an effective running game, then see what opens up for the receivers, either short or downfield, and take advantage.

“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.”       -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#30 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

Off IR and into the PUP

• 3194 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

This drives me crazy

Well, back then the Steeler fans wanted him gone, as well as the Steeler FO.  Big Ben was never on board, though. In fact, Big Ben continues to this to throw out veiled hints how much he dislikes T. Haley's offensive scheme and play calling. Not sure about the feelings of their fans now, though.

“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.”       -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#31 corgi

corgi
  • 2545 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

@pwilson24: #Colts Bruce Arians says Conner, Zbikowski, Satele and Carter won't play Sunday at K.C.

It's now being reported that Zbikowski has been upgraded to questionable for Sunday's game.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      19 Sep
    Kimberly Lynn Latka

To all of my family and friends in Connecticut. A friend of mine has been laid off. He is looking for work and if you know of anybody who needs a Director of Information Technology let me know. Thank you!!!

View All Updates