Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning could win 2 more Superbowls before he retires

tonychen

Manning now has an O-line that can actually pass protect. That's something he hasn't had since 2006.

Manning has a complimentary running game, though it's been wildly inconsistent. That's something else he hasn't had since 2006. Addai had a great rookie season then both he and the run blocking of the O-line fell off a cliff.

The receiving corps aren't world beaters, but they're good enough as long as they don't drop the ball/fumble the game away.

Manning now has a head coach. Something he hasn't had since Dungy retired.

The defense and special teams of the Broncos are both better than anything Manning has ever  had. (Outside of a four game 2006 playoff stretch where the D played lights out)

Don't forget DC Jack Del Rio either who has the men under his command hungry for chaos, anarchy, & blood & he has the horses in Von Miller & Derek Wolf to pull it off every single down on the field.  :thmup:

Yep, Colts fans do need a lot of reminders on that statement. They probably think SBs are handed out like candy in a store. Whether Peyton's playoff record is 9-10 or 12-7, it would all be the same for Colts fans if the SB record was 1-1.

Of course, fans are going to envious when Big Ben and Eli strike it rich the years they do make the playoffs and go 2-0 in their first 2 SBs. I do feel that from a fan point of view, they'd rather stink it up and draft lower than going one-and-done in the playoffs. I can't blame them completely based on the end result but then, you dont even have a puncher's chance if you dont make the playoffs on the other hand. Ultimately, fans need to realize that complete teams and good coaching make the difference in the playoffs where margins of victory are not huge, and then a few lucky bounces too (ask Eli about his luck when his team's 3 fumbles were all recovered by the Giants in the recent SB, Eli is the only one whose luck/pluck comes close to matching Brady's luck/tuck/pluck in the playoffs and Couglin's coaching somewhat evened out Belichick, IMO). :)

Plus matchups matter too - Steelers never had to go through Brady in any of their SB wins or appearances, Peyton never had to go through Chargers for any of his SB appearances. Only Brady has gone through Big Ben, Peyton, and the Chargers all in the playoffs. That is a testament to coaching to quickly adapt game plans when plan A or even plan B does not work against a particular opponent. The Kryptonite matchup for Brady unfortunately has been the Giants. Matchups matter too, folks.

Good point Chad72! In 2009, during the Playoffs, I was so thankful when Rex Ryan & the Jets beat the San Diego Chargers...A team that Peyton Manning could never defeat as a Colt. I don't blame #18 but a less than stellar line. That God Peyton's got some pass protection now & a reliable running game...

He's not going to win another Super Bowl for the rest of his career. He had the chance, and he threw it right to Tracy Porter. Sorry but you guys know it's true. Denver may have the 2nd seed locked up but they haven't played a real team in months.

"A Real Team?" The Broncos don't determine their schedule...Just line, play, & win...All teams in the NFL are "Real" I  haha everytime I hear that argument personally....

"That God Peyton's got some pass protection now & a reliable running game."

I know we all like Peyton, but that's taking it a little far eh? lol

I don't think that's a stretch at all. Take away RB's Marshall Faulk, Edgerrin James, & Joseph Addai & the Colts pass protection simply sucked.

"That God Peyton's got some pass protection now & a reliable running game."

I know we all like Peyton, but that's taking it a little far eh? lol

I actually mistyped or meant to say rather "Thank God Peyton's got pass protection & a reliable running game now." You really could piece that together? Really Fish? Come on now, you're a bright fellow now.  :thmup:

still its amazing he recognized and called / audibled like the 6 yard td run a career high 45 runs to only 28 pass plays last week

Pass protection when kupers in hes only given up 2 sacks all rest & much pressure as well as runners caught in backfield right threw his sub, Manny Ramirez, he needs roids to get stronger  like the baseball player but i wouldn't advise it

I actually mistyped or meant to say rather "Thank God Peyton's got pass protection & a reliable running game now." You really couldn't piece that together? Really Fish? Come on now, you're a bright fellow now.  :thmup:

I did piece it together. I was just having fun.

God to see you caught up.

still its amazing he recognized and called / audibled like the 6 yard td run a career high 45 runs to only 28 pass plays last week

Pass protection when kupers in hes only given up 2 sacks all rest & much pressure as well as runners caught in backfield right threw his sub, Manny Ramirez, he needs roids to get stronger  like the baseball player but i wouldn't advise it

haha Your post made me laugh Barry. Man, I can't type wothy worth a darn today... :funny:

haha Your post made me laugh Barry. Man, I can't type wothy worth a darn today... :funny:

any day he put a smile on someones face or touch a heart is a good day, 

but for now have a good morning  night

Thanks goood ggggpoodd   gd well I mean it's great when u have spell check until they say u r wrong and dont give a correction  too

I am curious to watch Peyton in the playoffs this year.  He finally has a balanced team around him so no excuses now.  Let's see what he does with it. 

If he does manage to win 1 or 2 more, I'll be happy for him but it won't mean nearly as much to me as it would have had he gotten it done multiple times wearing the "Shoe". 

Heck the world could end tomorrow too ... haha!

Seriously though of course he "could" win another SB or multiple - SBs - who knows?  I hope he gets several more, and will be sad they arent for the Colts.  :(

Even if he does, I'd look at it in a positive way that we needed to go through a Peyton era to realize we need to build a more complete TEAM to win championships. A QB like Peyton or Luck can win you enough regular season games to get to the playoffs because there will always be less elite teams to play that you can win, big or small, whatever the margin is. But when you get to the playoffs against the elite ones, you cant have the QB feeling like Atlas to carry the entire team on his arm.

I have already seen Grigson show signs of that in the roster make up and eventually, good things will happen and probably happen earlier with the current Colts team, coaches and GM than the 9 years it took Peyton to break through, IMO.