Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sick and Tired

Narcosys

Between the game with the Titans and the game with the Texans, I am sick and tired of the Refs and their poor play calling.  Are people not allowed to even make tackles or hits after a receiver catches the ball anymore?  I was at BW3 and couldnt here but there was a hit on a receiver of the Texans after a long pass.  The guy caught it, made a football move and then took a hit.  It was all shoulder and below the head.  Yet the call a penalty for what! pass interference, personal foul?  Neither of those penalties was warranted.  You have offensive holding on the first Texans touchdown.  WR #83 while running his route reaches out and grabs onto, i believe vaughn, who was cover Johnson.  Yet no call.  And i know there are probably some blatant calls that need to be made on us.  I am completely fed up with these refs, bring back the replacements if this is what we are to expect.

On top of that I am also sick and tired of Luck being seemingly INCAPABLE of hitting his receivers, I dont know if he has depth perception issues or what, but his receivers are not 10ft tall and 10 yards farther down field.  I know he is a rookie but come on.

Are the Texans going to be a dirty team?  The first half of that game was rediculous.

2 hits on Wayne where they leaped off the ground at his head, one hit on Davis after the play was over, Massive holding on Wayne, two penalties for illlegal use of hands to the face, and again #83's holding when he was running a route.  If you have to play dirty to win, because there is no other way, your not a good team. 

Players will keep doing it until the refs start calling it. Those refs on Sunday were giving quiet a long leash and letting players "play".

I think we got away with a few as well. Not as many as the Texans did, but that head ref seemed like he was drunk when he tried to spit out the penalty calls.

Really you are resorting to criticizing the refs when we lost the game on our own. We held on Wayne's td, fumbled on the one, blocked punt for a td, two huge third down conversions drops by Hilton that would have put us in field goal range both times, Offensive line and Luck allowed a 10yrd sack on 2nd down to knock us out of field goal range early in the first half. And yet you are criticizing the refs? I don't get that one

The refs for our last 2 games have been pretty awful. They called a personal foul on the play you were asking about and it was clearly not a personal foul. It was a clean hit all the way.

As for Luck, he deserves some blame for some of the throws he makes, but IMO does not deserve the majority of it. The guy is literally chased out of the pocket on every single play and is forced to throw on the run many times. hard to be accurate when you are running for your life constantly. The guy has less the 2 seconds to make a decision on every snap, its no wonder he has had so many Int's and inaccurate throws.

Between the game with the Titans and the game with the Texans, I am sick and tired of the Refs and their poor play calling.  Are people not allowed to even make tackles or hits after a receiver catches the ball anymore?  I was at BW3 and couldnt here but there was a hit on a receiver of the Texans after a long pass.  The guy caught it, made a football move and then took a hit.  It was all shoulder and below the head.  Yet the call a penalty for what! pass interference, personal foul?  Neither of those penalties was warranted.  You have offensive holding on the first Texans touchdown.  WR #83 while running his route reaches out and grabs onto, i believe vaughn, who was cover Johnson.  Yet no call.  And i know there are probably some blatant calls that need to be made on us.  I am completely fed up with these refs, bring back the replacements if this is what we are to expect.

On top of that I am also sick and tired of Luck being seemingly INCAPABLE of hitting his receivers, I dont know if he has depth perception issues or what, but his receivers are not 10ft tall and 10 yards farther down field.  I know he is a rookie but come on.

Are the Texans going to be a dirty team?  The first half of that game was rediculous.

2 hits on Wayne where they leaped off the ground at his head, one hit on Davis after the play was over, Massive holding on Wayne, two penalties for illlegal use of hands to the face, and again #83's holding when he was running a route.  If you have to play dirty to win, because there is no other way, your not a good team. 

Luck is going to throw bad passes when he only has 2 seconds to throw the ball. that dline was always in his face.

but after all is said and done the colts lost the game themselves.this is why...

1) Fumble at goal line

2) TD called back for holding

3) Punt blocked returned for TD (because of poor or should i say no blocking from the right side)

take away that punt block return for a TD, keeps them at 22 points... take away the fumble at goal line and we score on that drive and the TD that was called back for holding that is 14 points we would have won 31-22 and still be fighting for the AFC South. we beat our selves. yes i agree refs didnt call anything except everything against us in the first qtr an a half of the game and allowed the texans to play dirty.

after all is said and done, Luck finished the game with out a turnover.

The refs were poor but there were many reasons we lost

I agree and these are the three reasons:

1) Fumble at goal line by moore

2) Holding call that took away a TD

3) blocked punt returned for TD

take away that TD from the blocked punt gives houston only 22 points

give us a possible TD on the drive of the fumble and the td that was taken away from holding call with those 14 points we would be up 31-22 and would have won. mistakes killed us.

Really you are resorting to criticizing the refs when we lost the game on our own. We held on Wayne's td, fumbled on the one, blocked punt for a td, two huge third down conversions drops by Hilton that would have put us in field goal range both times, Offensive line and Luck allowed a 10yrd sack on 2nd down to knock us out of field goal range early in the first half. And yet you are criticizing the refs? I don't get that one

I could care less about losing,  I was just as livid if not more when watching the Titans game on NFL rewind.  Even though i already knew the outcome i couldnt believe it. Theres other games that are just as bad too.  But i am complaining, win or lose.  So your argument is irrelevant.

How can you blame luck for anything? The man is behind one of the worst O-lines in the league, and is constantly under pressure. I think he's done great with what he's had to work with.

I can blame luck when he countlessly overthrows his open receivers and being unpressured.  Not just this last game.  he's been doing it since day one.  Why isnt he adjusting?

And im not the only one.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/45025/too-many-overthrows-for-luck-in-last-three

I can blame luck when he countlessly overthrows his open receivers and being unpressured.  Not just this last game.  he's been doing it since day one.  Why isnt he adjusting?

And im not the only one.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/45025/too-many-overthrows-for-luck-in-last-three

He is adjusting. He's a rookie, he even said himself it's a mechanics problem. It takes time to correct, but he is aware of the issue and will correct it.

I can blame luck when he countlessly overthrows his open receivers and being unpressured. Not just this last game. he's been doing it since day one. Why isnt he adjusting?

And im not the only one.

He overthrows people because he is Rattled. When you're constantly being pressured and hit it takes a toll. When you have a clean pocket, you anticipate someone chasing you and it affects your Confidence and Throwing. That's just my opinion

He overthrows people because he is Rattled. When you're constantly being pressured and hit it takes a toll. When you have a clean pocket, you anticipate someone chasing you and it affects your Confidence and Throwing. That's just my opinion

If you look at Luck early in the year, he would see a hit coming and still make the throw. Now, he has been hit so often and hard I believe he is rattled, if not downright scared! Putting that aside, I believe we need to move him around more like RGIII and Wilson. Luck actually throws as well or better on the move than he does standing still. He also is as fast as Cam Newton and could make more plays with his feet. Arians needs to adjust before he gets Luck killed. Big Ben was injured a lot because Arians pushed the big play offense in Pittsburgh until he got fired. Arians needs to learn from that.

The refs for our last 2 games have been pretty awful. They called a personal foul on the play you were asking about and it was clearly not a personal foul. It was a clean hit all the way.

As for Luck, he deserves some blame for some of the throws he makes, but IMO does not deserve the majority of it. The guy is literally chased out of the pocket on every single play and is forced to throw on the run many times. hard to be accurate when you are running for your life constantly. The guy has less the 2 seconds to make a decision on every snap, its no wonder he has had so many Int's and inaccurate throws.

Agree completely, he is a rookie and there is nothing that he has done wrong that I feel we should worry too much about going forward.  Yes, he throws some passes that look as though he thinks the reciever is 10" tall.  But it is caused by being hurried and his inexperience.  That throw on the run to TY for the touchdown was BEAUTIFUL!!!!  It proves that he is all that we know and hope he will be in the future.

Blaming Luck is ridiculous. His protection is awful. In fact it is not as good as that. If we get him a decent line next year we will go 14-2. The refs were poor I agree.
the offensive line is a serious problem, we need 2 guards and a right tackle. But then again lucks completetion percentage is one of the top 5 worse in the league, he does make soom poor decisions and horrible throws, not all the time but sometimes

Reminds me of officiating in the NBA :facepalm: ticky tack fouls galore, also another thing that I have been noticing this year more than ever are the refs giving into players and coaches.

Reminds me of officiating in the NBA :facepalm: ticky tack fouls galore, also another thing that I have been noticing this year more than ever are the refs giving into players and coaches.

I've noticed that too. I don't watch the NBA anymore since the mid 90's because of the obvious favoritism for big market teams and superstars in the league.

I am going to say first and foremost the refs did not cost us the game yesterday and any attempt to blame them for it is lame.  We were out played and that goes on the players. 

Now with that said I am tired of seeing teams hitting Luck in the head and do things to him that they are not supposed to be able to do.  Not because it's impacting games because I am tired of seeing our QB take that kind of punishment that he doesn't need to take.  I want it called to protect Luck. 

I've noticed that too. I don't watch the NBA anymore since the mid 90's because of the obvious favoritism for big market teams and superstars in the league.
Yeah, I'm still a Pacers fans and only remotely like a couple other small-mid sized market teams. NBA is total big market favoritism trash at it's finest. Players get to sway the coaches into trading them to big teams for virtually nothing, cry and whine their way out of small/mid markets into big teams.

Small-mid sized market teams have to build their way up big like OKC did. Props to them.

Like what I said on another post on a like thread is!!!!!

You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

BA is stuck in his philosophy on his offense and less likely to change which would admit he is wrong, he won't change his offense, Colts would have to get rid of him, not a fan of Josh McDaniels for his mess up in Denver, but he would be perfect to bring his system for A.Luck since he might have a few more years with T.Brady and would want the challenge to create a new T.Brady which A.Luck has the talent to do so...

T.Brady haters have to acknowlege that J.McDaniels system does work!!!!!