Photo

Sick and Tired

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#1 Narcosys

Narcosys
  • 2083 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

Between the game with the Titans and the game with the Texans, I am sick and tired of the Refs and their poor play calling.  Are people not allowed to even make tackles or hits after a receiver catches the ball anymore?  I was at BW3 and couldnt here but there was a hit on a receiver of the Texans after a long pass.  The guy caught it, made a football move and then took a hit.  It was all shoulder and below the head.  Yet the call a penalty for what! pass interference, personal foul?  Neither of those penalties was warranted.  You have offensive holding on the first Texans touchdown.  WR #83 while running his route reaches out and grabs onto, i believe vaughn, who was cover Johnson.  Yet no call.  And i know there are probably some blatant calls that need to be made on us.  I am completely fed up with these refs, bring back the replacements if this is what we are to expect.

On top of that I am also sick and tired of Luck being seemingly INCAPABLE of hitting his receivers, I dont know if he has depth perception issues or what, but his receivers are not 10ft tall and 10 yards farther down field.  I know he is a rookie but come on.

Are the Texans going to be a dirty team?  The first half of that game was rediculous.

2 hits on Wayne where they leaped off the ground at his head, one hit on Davis after the play was over, Massive holding on Wayne, two penalties for illlegal use of hands to the face, and again #83's holding when he was running a route.  If you have to play dirty to win, because there is no other way, your not a good team. 

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 4856 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

Players will keep doing it until the refs start calling it. Those refs on Sunday were giving quiet a long leash and letting players "play".

I think we got away with a few as well. Not as many as the Texans did, but that head ref seemed like he was drunk when he tried to spit out the penalty calls.

#3 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 6908 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

Really you are resorting to criticizing the refs when we lost the game on our own. We held on Wayne's td, fumbled on the one, blocked punt for a td, two huge third down conversions drops by Hilton that would have put us in field goal range both times, Offensive line and Luck allowed a 10yrd sack on 2nd down to knock us out of field goal range early in the first half. And yet you are criticizing the refs? I don't get that one

#4 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6664 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

The refs for our last 2 games have been pretty awful. They called a personal foul on the play you were asking about and it was clearly not a personal foul. It was a clean hit all the way.

As for Luck, he deserves some blame for some of the throws he makes, but IMO does not deserve the majority of it. The guy is literally chased out of the pocket on every single play and is forced to throw on the run many times. hard to be accurate when you are running for your life constantly. The guy has less the 2 seconds to make a decision on every snap, its no wonder he has had so many Int's and inaccurate throws.

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today". -- James Dean.

#5 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6750 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

When holding happens every play, is it necessary for the refs to call back a TD? I can't remember the last time that happened. Was Jeff Triplett on DayQuil today?

#6 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4477 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

Blaming Luck is ridiculous. His protection is awful. In fact it is not as good as that. If we get him a decent line next year we will go 14-2. The refs were poor I agree.
"If I make a comment and it is not backed up by factual evidence, take it as my opinion, and my opinion only"....

#7 Stephen

Stephen
  • 2916 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

The refs were poor but there were many reasons we lost

#8 corgi

corgi
  • 2736 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

I just want to say this, with all of the pressure and hits Luck took yesterday the fact that he neither fumbled nor threw a pick is phenomenal. Mad respect. I still want to punch Wade Philips in the belly.

#9 SilentHill

SilentHill

Next Man Up

• 3637 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

How can you blame luck for anything? The man is behind one of the worst O-lines in the league, and is constantly under pressure. I think he's done great with what he's had to work with.

“What he does on the field – he’s an assassin…Class with cruelty.” – Jim Harbaugh on Andrew Luck

"It's okay to be smarter than everyone else, but you can't go around pointing it out!" – Mary Cooper

#10 hawkeyes

hawkeyes
  • 1655 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:01 AM

These guys are not much better than the replacements ... heck even the game management the last several weeks across the board has been lacking!   More than a few times I have seen them groiuped up in long discussions arguing back and forth!

:blueshoe: Lets Go Colts! :blueshoe:

#11 chrisfarley

chrisfarley
  • 2324 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

How can you blame luck for anything? The man is behind one of the worst O-lines in the league, and is constantly under pressure. I think he's done great with what he's had to work with.
plenty of blame to go around including the head coach. luck is not exempt.

#12 betheafan41

betheafan41
  • 1255 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

Between the game with the Titans and the game with the Texans, I am sick and tired of the Refs and their poor play calling.  Are people not allowed to even make tackles or hits after a receiver catches the ball anymore?  I was at BW3 and couldnt here but there was a hit on a receiver of the Texans after a long pass.  The guy caught it, made a football move and then took a hit.  It was all shoulder and below the head.  Yet the call a penalty for what! pass interference, personal foul?  Neither of those penalties was warranted.  You have offensive holding on the first Texans touchdown.  WR #83 while running his route reaches out and grabs onto, i believe vaughn, who was cover Johnson.  Yet no call.  And i know there are probably some blatant calls that need to be made on us.  I am completely fed up with these refs, bring back the replacements if this is what we are to expect.

On top of that I am also sick and tired of Luck being seemingly INCAPABLE of hitting his receivers, I dont know if he has depth perception issues or what, but his receivers are not 10ft tall and 10 yards farther down field.  I know he is a rookie but come on.

Are the Texans going to be a dirty team?  The first half of that game was rediculous.

2 hits on Wayne where they leaped off the ground at his head, one hit on Davis after the play was over, Massive holding on Wayne, two penalties for illlegal use of hands to the face, and again #83's holding when he was running a route.  If you have to play dirty to win, because there is no other way, your not a good team. 

Luck is going to throw bad passes when he only has 2 seconds to throw the ball. that dline was always in his face.

but after all is said and done the colts lost the game themselves.this is why...

1) Fumble at goal line

2) TD called back for holding

3) Punt blocked returned for TD (because of poor or should i say no blocking from the right side)

take away that punt block return for a TD, keeps them at 22 points... take away the fumble at goal line and we score on that drive and the TD that was called back for holding that is 14 points we would have won 31-22 and still be fighting for the AFC South. we beat our selves. yes i agree refs didnt call anything except everything against us in the first qtr an a half of the game and allowed the texans to play dirty.

after all is said and done, Luck finished the game with out a turnover.

Believe In Blue!!!

#13 betheafan41

betheafan41
  • 1255 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

The refs were poor but there were many reasons we lost

I agree and these are the three reasons:

1) Fumble at goal line by moore

2) Holding call that took away a TD

3) blocked punt returned for TD

take away that TD from the blocked punt gives houston only 22 points

give us a possible TD on the drive of the fumble and the td that was taken away from holding call with those 14 points we would be up 31-22 and would have won. mistakes killed us.

Believe In Blue!!!

#14 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 11685 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

I'm just Sick & Tired of our shuffling Offensive line. Luck won't make it to his 3rd year if something isn't done. Those hits will eventually take a toll on a persons body
"I differ what they prefer, so they count me like the census"

#15 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6750 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

How often are TDs called back for holding of all things?

#16 Narcosys

Narcosys
  • 2083 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

Really you are resorting to criticizing the refs when we lost the game on our own. We held on Wayne's td, fumbled on the one, blocked punt for a td, two huge third down conversions drops by Hilton that would have put us in field goal range both times, Offensive line and Luck allowed a 10yrd sack on 2nd down to knock us out of field goal range early in the first half. And yet you are criticizing the refs? I don't get that one

I could care less about losing,  I was just as livid if not more when watching the Titans game on NFL rewind.  Even though i already knew the outcome i couldnt believe it. Theres other games that are just as bad too.  But i am complaining, win or lose.  So your argument is irrelevant.

#17 Narcosys

Narcosys
  • 2083 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

I can blame luck when he countlessly overthrows his open receivers and being unpressured.  Not just this last game.  he's been doing it since day one.  Why isnt he adjusting?

And im not the only one.

http://espn.go.com/b...k-in-last-three

#18 Coltswarriors

Coltswarriors
  • 2131 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

It was a bad call, even the announcers were saying it was horrible.

Hitting a defenseless receiver = tackling the receiver.

#19 corgi

corgi
  • 2736 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

I can blame luck when he countlessly overthrows his open receivers and being unpressured.  Not just this last game.  he's been doing it since day one.  Why isnt he adjusting?

And im not the only one.

He is adjusting. He's a rookie, he even said himself it's a mechanics problem. It takes time to correct, but he is aware of the issue and will correct it.

#20 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 11685 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

I can blame luck when he countlessly overthrows his open receivers and being unpressured. Not just this last game. he's been doing it since day one. Why isnt he adjusting?

And im not the only one.

He overthrows people because he is Rattled. When you're constantly being pressured and hit it takes a toll. When you have a clean pocket, you anticipate someone chasing you and it affects your Confidence and Throwing. That's just my opinion
"I differ what they prefer, so they count me like the census"

#21 deedub75

deedub75
  • 1739 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

Luck really wasn't much of a factor in this game......

"I have 3 kids and no money. Why can't I have 3 money and no kids?" - Homer Simpson

#22 Quantum88

Quantum88
  • 401 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

He overthrows people because he is Rattled. When you're constantly being pressured and hit it takes a toll. When you have a clean pocket, you anticipate someone chasing you and it affects your Confidence and Throwing. That's just my opinion

If you look at Luck early in the year, he would see a hit coming and still make the throw. Now, he has been hit so often and hard I believe he is rattled, if not downright scared! Putting that aside, I believe we need to move him around more like RGIII and Wilson. Luck actually throws as well or better on the move than he does standing still. He also is as fast as Cam Newton and could make more plays with his feet. Arians needs to adjust before he gets Luck killed. Big Ben was injured a lot because Arians pushed the big play offense in Pittsburgh until he got fired. Arians needs to learn from that.

#23 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 6908 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

Big Ben is still getting nailed early and often even with a dink and dunk offense. So when does it become the OLine and somewhat the QBs fault instead the blame on the coordinator?

#24 House

House
  • 6972 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

Of being sick and tired :)
In another moment, down went Alice after it, never once considering how in the world she was to get out again.

#25 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 9657 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

Blaming Luck is ridiculous. His protection is awful. In fact it is not as good as that. If we get him a decent line next year we will go 14-2. The refs were poor I agree.

you mean rediculous?

#26 JustAColtsFan

JustAColtsFan
  • 361 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

The refs for our last 2 games have been pretty awful. They called a personal foul on the play you were asking about and it was clearly not a personal foul. It was a clean hit all the way.

As for Luck, he deserves some blame for some of the throws he makes, but IMO does not deserve the majority of it. The guy is literally chased out of the pocket on every single play and is forced to throw on the run many times. hard to be accurate when you are running for your life constantly. The guy has less the 2 seconds to make a decision on every snap, its no wonder he has had so many Int's and inaccurate throws.

Agree completely, he is a rookie and there is nothing that he has done wrong that I feel we should worry too much about going forward.  Yes, he throws some passes that look as though he thinks the reciever is 10" tall.  But it is caused by being hurried and his inexperience.  That throw on the run to TY for the touchdown was BEAUTIFUL!!!!  It proves that he is all that we know and hope he will be in the future.

:coltshorse:  He's Back, Lets Hunt - "CHUCKSTRONG"  :coltslogo: 

#27 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 6908 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

you mean rediculous?

Are you serious or do you really think that's how you spell ridiculous?

#28 open window

open window
  • 532 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

Ridicule is the root word :yay:

Billy Dee Williams says...

"It works every time!"

#29 needanoline63

needanoline63
  • 640 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

the offensive line is a serious problem, we need 2 guards and a right tackle. But then again lucks completetion percentage is one of the top 5 worse in the league, he does make soom poor decisions and horrible throws, not all the time but sometimes

#30 ruksak

ruksak

~ I STINK ~

• 8617 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

stop-whining.jpg?w=224&h=300

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more." ~ Bill S. 

#31 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6823 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

Reminds me of officiating in the NBA :facepalm: ticky tack fouls galore, also another thing that I have been noticing this year more than ever are the refs giving into players and coaches.

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

Dancing Monkey BAM!  :monkeydance: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#32 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6664 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

Reminds me of officiating in the NBA :facepalm: ticky tack fouls galore, also another thing that I have been noticing this year more than ever are the refs giving into players and coaches.

I've noticed that too. I don't watch the NBA anymore since the mid 90's because of the obvious favoritism for big market teams and superstars in the league.

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today". -- James Dean.

#33 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13721 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

I am going to say first and foremost the refs did not cost us the game yesterday and any attempt to blame them for it is lame.  We were out played and that goes on the players. 

Now with that said I am tired of seeing teams hitting Luck in the head and do things to him that they are not supposed to be able to do.  Not because it's impacting games because I am tired of seeing our QB take that kind of punishment that he doesn't need to take.  I want it called to protect Luck. 

Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#34 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6823 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

I've noticed that too. I don't watch the NBA anymore since the mid 90's because of the obvious favoritism for big market teams and superstars in the league.
Yeah, I'm still a Pacers fans and only remotely like a couple other small-mid sized market teams. NBA is total big market favoritism trash at it's finest. Players get to sway the coaches into trading them to big teams for virtually nothing, cry and whine their way out of small/mid markets into big teams.

Small-mid sized market teams have to build their way up big like OKC did. Props to them.

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

Dancing Monkey BAM!  :monkeydance: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#35 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 9657 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

i was taking a jab at the original poster

#36 southwest1

southwest1
  • 13846 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

stop-whining.jpg?w=224&h=300

Yeah, but I'm so good at it Ruksak haha ...Just Kidding!!! My parents were trained by the Bill Cosby School of Parenting too..."Sick & Tired Indeed"...

"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." Sun Tzu

#37 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 6585 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

i'm sick and tired of sick and tired

#38 chrisfarley

chrisfarley
  • 2324 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:02 AM

How often are TDs called back for holding of all things?
they should always negate the penalty if Reggie makes a great catch.

#39 Coltscodeblue

Coltscodeblue
  • 340 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:24 AM

Like what I said on another post on a like thread is!!!!!

You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

BA is stuck in his philosophy on his offense and less likely to change which would admit he is wrong, he won't change his offense, Colts would have to get rid of him, not a fan of Josh McDaniels for his mess up in Denver, but he would be perfect to bring his system for A.Luck since he might have a few more years with T.Brady and would want the challenge to create a new T.Brady which A.Luck has the talent to do so...

T.Brady haters have to acknowlege that J.McDaniels system does work!!!!!

I pre-appoligize for a future of not a sniff of AFC South Championships for other AFC South teams in the next 10 to 15 more years till Andrew Luck retires!!!!!

#40 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4477 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

you mean rediculous?

No, I mean ridiculous. There is no such word as rediculous. Or did you mean something else?
"If I make a comment and it is not backed up by factual evidence, take it as my opinion, and my opinion only"....

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      31 Oct
    100GFB

Preparing for my second Indy trip. A stopover but a long trip none the less. I want a Colts victory but wonder what the Indy weather surprise me. Last year on my first trip to the LOS it was cold, my first trip this year it rained!

Show comments (1)
  • Photo
      31 Oct
    TKnight24

They stopped giving me Candy when I was 16 cause I was 6'1and they thought I was older than 16. 4 years later I'm 20 & 6'4...... but this time around, I have little cousins that I shall invoke my "Accompanying" 5% Charge on their collections tonight :). Who says Halloween isn't for us older folks? Haha

Show comments (1)
View All Updates