Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos have #2 seed all to themselves now

buffalo34

Now you see why I put on a show in the SF @ NE thread when the 49ers were throwing that game away?

Broncos are in control of their destiny for the #2 seed now, and they have two cake opponents. They face Cleveland and Kansas City, both at home. So they can clinch the #2 seed by either A) Winning out or B)  A win + NE loss next week. Of course, New England gets the Jags next week, so I have a better chance at hitting the mega millions next week than scenario B happening.

I believe Houston can clinch a bye in the playoffs with one more win, thus, keeping the Pats from getting a bye.

Yep, Pats have not made the SB as a #3 or #4 seed.

I have said this at the beginning of the season but I will say it again.

At the beginning of every season, I root for 2 things. Brady and the Pats to have a #3 seed or lower in the AFC, and for the Saints to not have home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Looks like both of them are likely to happen this year. :)

I still would not count out NE as a #3 seed for a SB run but it makes it tougher to go to Denver for sure then to play in NE. But, I always kinda liked Peyton without a bye week better but then again this is a different team so who knows...might be better since he is older now. NE would have liked that bye week thought to get guys like Gronk healthy so this really hurts them.

But, I was thinking the Broncos could get the #1 seed but then I forgot they lost to Houston early in the year. So the only way they get #1 is if Houston loses the final 2 vs. Vikes/Colts.

I do find it interesting that we could be seeing Pats at Broncos in the divisional round after all.

So many what if's.....just don't let the Jets get in as a miracle team, please God no.

I still would not count out NE as a #3 seed for a SB run but it makes it tougher to go to Denver for sure then to play in NE. But, I always kinda liked Peyton without a bye week better but then again this is a different team so who knows...might be better since he is older now. NE would have liked that bye week thought to get guys like Gronk healthy so this really hurts them.

But, I was thinking the Broncos could get the #1 seed but then I forgot they lost to Houston early in the year. So the only way they get #1 is if Houston loses the final 2 vs. Vikes/Colts.

I do find it interesting that we could be seeing Pats at Broncos in the divisional round after all.

So many what if's.....just don't let the Jets get in as a miracle team, please God no.

That was what I was thinking of Peyton benefiting with the bye week at this stage of his career; after all the last time he had it, the Colts went to the SB in 2009. If 9 out of 11 teams in the AFC that made the SB in the last 11 years were a #1 or #2 seed, then that bye week had to be somewhat important. I do think that it had to do with coaching with the Colts' being prepared to come out after the bye week to match a team's intensity. Make no mistake, Pats and Brady are never an easy out, NEVER!!!

The big question is, which is the wild card that can crash everyone's party?? Would it be our beloved Colts??? Other than the Colts, the Steelers with their playoff experience are the only ones capable of threatening any of the top seeds. Bengals, mehhhhh!!! :) Jets are a tricky bunch but the only way the Jets get in is if the Colts falter and that I dont think will happen because we will take care of the Chiefs.

No, I think we can all agree that we DON'T want the Jets in the playoffs. :P

I believe Broncos could get the #1 seed if they won out and Houston lost out, like you said. But Houston losing out would likely knock them out of getting a bye as the Pats will most likely win out and get the #2 seed in that event.

I was really hoping that both the Jets and Cowboys would be firmly KO'd out of the playoff race by now...but those two teams seem to take a LOT to finally KO.

So we need the Saints to light it up next week. Not only would that be a big blow to Dallas, but I'd benefit if Brees and Colston had a great game. Because I'm in the fantasy Super Bowl in my league!

That was what I was thinking of Peyton benefiting with the bye week at this stage of his career; after all the last time he had it, the Colts went to the SB in 2009. If 9 out of 11 teams in the AFC that made the SB in the last 11 years were a #1 or #2 seed, then that bye week had to be somewhat important. I do think that it had to do with coaching with the Colts' being prepared to come out after the bye week to match a team's intensity. Make no mistake, Pats and Brady are never an easy out, NEVER!!!

The big question is, which is the wild card that can crash everyone's party?? Would it be our beloved Colts??? Other than the Colts, the Steelers with their playoff experience are the only ones capable of threatening any of the top seeds. Bengals, mehhhhh!!! :) Jets are a tricky bunch but the only way the Jets get in is if the Colts falter and that I dont think will happen because we will take care of the Chiefs.

Yeah in the past we used to be very iffy about the bye week. But, maybe with age you need it more. They have some older dudes on Denver but they have a better D so a slow start by Peyton in a playoff game might not kill him as in years past.

However, I read the Jets can get in at 9-7 even if the Colts are ahead of them. If depends on the Steelers/Bengals blowing it and I don't know the tiebreakers for the Jets with Cincy.

Your fiesty WC team is the Colts. :) Pagano back soon. We will have new emotion. ;)

No, I think we can all agree that we DON'T want the Jets in the playoffs. :P

I believe Broncos could get the #1 seed if they won out and Houston lost out, like you said. But Houston losing out would likely knock them out of getting a bye as the Pats will most likely win out and get the #2 seed in that event?

I was really hoping that both the Jets and Cowboys would be firmly KO'd out of the playoff race by now...but those two teams seem to take a LOT to finally KO.

So we need the Saints to light it up next week. Not only would that be a big blow to Dallas, but I'd benefit if Brees and Colston had a great game. Because I'm in the fantasy Super Bowl in my league!

You are right. I forgot, that WOULD knock the Texans out of the bye week.

I kinda wonder if the Cowboys tragedy is bringing them together more as a team now too though....?

Don't forget that the Bronco's need to win their final two games. The Colts were often sleep walking through the final couple of games. Add a bye week and that's like training camp all over again.

Peyton commented at some point recently that the team enjoyed their off-week this season and came back stronger for it. The implication was that they wouldn't mind having a bye week for the playoffs. They have a couple of key injured players who would likely benefit from it, and as you say, Peyton isn't getting any younger.

Either way, given a choice of risking going flat from a bye week and then hosting probably New England, versus having to deal with someone irritating like the Steelers, and THEN playing AT New England, I'll take my chances with the former.

Don't forget that the Bronco's need to win their final two games. The Colts were often sleep walking through the final couple of games. Add a bye week and that's like training camp all over again.

Peyton commented at some point recently that the team enjoyed their off-week this season and came back stronger for it. The implication was that they wouldn't mind having a bye week for the playoffs. They have a couple of key injured players who would likely benefit from it, and as you say, Peyton isn't getting any younger.

Either way, given a choice of risking going flat from a bye week and then hosting probably New England, versus having to deal with someone irritating like the Steelers, and THEN playing AT New England, I'll take my chances with the former.

Oh yeah for sure. You can't overlook anyone. I find the Browns to especially be occasionally fiesty as an underdog.

True, going flat for a quarter is nothing like having to host a tough AFC North team then head to NE. Now NE might have to host the AFC North team then go to Denver.

Or NE goes one and done....heh.

Oh yeah for sure. You can't overlook anyone. I find the Browns to especially be occasionally fiesty as an underdog.

True, going flat for a quarter is nothing like having to host a tough AFC North team then head to NE. Now NE might have to host the AFC North team then go to Denver.

agreed, Richardson 11 td runs, Weeden top gordon a good combination

And I don't think they'll forget. That's the beauty of this team. They somehow seem to have a different mentality. They are all so about business and I couldn't be happier.

I cannot believe the Niners pulled it off last night. I would really like a rematch against NE and/or Houston. They did not seen this team earlier. And it's huge if we don't have to go to Foxboro.

And I don't think they'll forget. That's the beauty of this team. They somehow seem to have a different mentality. They are all so about business and I couldn't be happier.

I cannot believe the Niners pulled it off last night. I would really like a rematch against NE and/or Houston. They did not seen this team earlier. And it's huge if we don't have to go to Foxboro.

It is for sure an advantage to play Brady in Denver, while it might not be a bad idea to go to Houston's indoor stadium in winter, where Manning has registered many wins.

Still as the game will be played in Denver it will be finished no later than the end of 3rd qtr. To make it a trap game it has to be played on the road.

Broncos say they're focused on Sunday, not the playoffs

"Cleveland is a very good team," Decker said. "They beat Cincinnati, they beat Pittsburgh. Those are two teams contending for the playoffs.

"Our focus isn't on the bye. It's to make sure we take care of this week."

Read more:Broncos say they're focused on Sunday, not the playoffs - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22209744/broncos-say-theyre-focused-sunday-not-playoffs#ixzz2FLnfAgmR

Broncos say they're focused on Sunday, not the playoffs

"Cleveland is a very good team," Decker said. "They beat Cincinnati, they beat Pittsburgh. Those are two teams contending for the playoffs.

"Our focus isn't on the bye. It's to make sure we take care of this week."

Read more:Broncos say they're focused on Sunday, not the playoffs - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22209744/broncos-say-theyre-focused-sunday-not-playoffs#ixzz2FLnfAgmR

Good!

Have you seen this article in USA Today? They are feeling really good:

Excerpt:

"I think he's fully back. You can see a big difference between OTAs and now," Thomas says of Manning. "He knows what's going on at all times. It's both mental and physical. He's getting used to the new players, and he's getting stronger and stronger every week."

The Broncos offense started slow at M&T Bank Stadium, with Manning being sacked twice, overthrowing Thomas on a potential touchdown. Things picked up in the third quarter, when Manning led consecutive touchdown drives with big plays over the top of Baltimore's limping defense -- prompting Ravens safety Ed Reed to slam his helmet on the sidelines in disgust after a 51-yard third quarter bomb from Manning to Decker. Said Reed, "It felt like Christmas, but not for our side."

Despite the early hiccups for Denver, confidence was sky-high in the Broncos locker room. Cornerback Chris Harris who returned an interception of Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco 98 yards for a touchdown – says Manning addresses the team as a whole almost daily.

"Peyton is a Super Bowl champion," Harris says. "It's different when you have that prestige. When you've won. He's already established. We follow his lead. We just try to make plays for him and give him the ball back."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2012/12/16/broncos-ravens-week-16/1773383/

Good!

Have you seen this article in USA Today? They are feeling really good:

Excerpt:

"I think he's fully back. You can see a big difference between OTAs and now," Thomas says of Manning. "He knows what's going on at all times. It's both mental and physical. He's getting used to the new players, and he's getting stronger and stronger every week."

The Broncos offense started slow at M&T Bank Stadium, with Manning being sacked twice, overthrowing Thomas on a potential touchdown. Things picked up in the third quarter, when Manning led consecutive touchdown drives with big plays over the top of Baltimore's limping defense -- prompting Ravens safety Ed Reed to slam his helmet on the sidelines in disgust after a 51-yard third quarter bomb from Manning to Decker. Said Reed, "It felt like Christmas, but not for our side."

Despite the early hiccups for Denver, confidence was sky-high in the Broncos locker room. Cornerback Chris Harris who returned an interception of Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco 98 yards for a touchdown – says Manning addresses the team as a whole almost daily.

"Peyton is a Super Bowl champion," Harris says. "It's different when you have that prestige. When you've won. He's already established. We follow his lead. We just try to make plays for him and give him the ball back."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2012/12/16/broncos-ravens-week-16/1773383/

just was going to shut computer

good article 

these young broncos dont know what peyton was like Bailey does as been torched by him , Peyton just insists all as a team are learning and says he is still not back, whatever that means, mentally he never left\

Now even what u quote DT saying  "I think he's fully back. ... ( he ends with ... )  ...  He's getting used to the new players, and he's getting stronger and stronger every week."   well if hes getting strionger weekly hes not back

he still overthrows every so often, or under-throws, i think alot of that is he thinking wow they are tall receivers I can throw higher , so does by just bit to much, and then compensates and can under throw by just that much

s safety Ed Reed to slam his helmet on the sidelines in disgust after a 51-yard third quarter bomb from Manning to Decker

That was a perfect throw,

earlier bit long later bit short when game over, maybe was just trying some things in 3rd qrtr late

now reed wasn't throwing helmut because he was beat, he really wasn't  he was where he was supposed to be for inside protection, at least according to the so called TV analysts, the fault was with the CB who was supposedly to just run and stay to the outside but came inside instead, 

Personally Decker was so free to me with that double move it wouldn't of mattered if CB stayed on the outside

NOW DONT WRITE ME BACK< GETTING OFF COMPUTER AND DONT NEED A TON OF RESPONSES IN AM ( LOL ) go ahead if u wish, others do ,

just was going to shut computer

good article 

these young broncos dont know what peyton was like Bailey does as been torched by him , Peyton just insists all as a team are learning and says he is still not back, whatever that means, mentally he never left\

Now even what u quote DT saying  "I think he's fully back. ... ( he ends with ... )  ...  He's getting used to the new players, and he's getting stronger and stronger every week."   well if hes getting strionger weekly hes not back

he still overthrows every so often, or under-throws, i think alot of that is he thinking wow they are tall receivers I can throw higher , so does by just bit to much, and then compensates and can under throw by just that much

s safety Ed Reed to slam his helmet on the sidelines in disgust after a 51-yard third quarter bomb from Manning to Decker

That was a perfect throw,

earlier bit long later bit short when game over, maybe was just trying some things in 3rd qrtr late

now reed wasn't throwing helmut because he was beat, he really wasn't  he was where he was supposed to be for inside protection, at least according to the so called TV analysts, the fault was with the CB who was supposedly to just run and stay to the outside but came inside instead, 

Personally Decker was so free to me with that double move it wouldn't of mattered if CB stayed on the outside

NOW DONT WRITE ME BACK< GETTING OFF COMPUTER AND DONT NEED A TON OF RESPONSES IN AM ( LOL ) go ahead if u wish, others do ,

Shoot, I don't meant to overload you but I have to respond! :)

Yes, the throw to Decker was just gorgeous. Decker plays better when he is angry. He and the corner (forgot his name) were jawing each other a lot. It must have been fun for Decker to torch him all day. He's never looked better.

And the Knowshon's rushing TD play, Peyton audibled that. I don't think Knowshon was touched. It was another great moment.

Bailey has been such a great leader for our defense. Now our offense has one, too. I heard Peyton really likes this team about a month and a half go. I think now we are seeing why.

The last time we had a winning streak like this was 1998. You know what happened then ;)

Yes, the throw to Decker was just gorgeous. Decker plays better when he is angry. He and the corner (forgot his name) were jawing each other a lot. It must have been fun for Decker to torch him all day. He's never looked better.

And the Knowshon's rushing TD play, Peyton audibled that. I don't think Knowshon was touched. It was another great moment.

Bailey has been such a great leader for our defense. Now our offense has one, too. I heard Peyton really likes this team about a month and a half go. I think now we are seeing why.

The last time we had a winning streak like this was 1998. You know what happened then ;)

I'm praying to God that if it's not us, it's you guys that win the SB. Because that man deserves more than just one.

Actually BAB,

The Broncos can win anywhere anytime now...Location doesn't matter now, especially with RB Knowshon Moreno blocking well in pass protection now & hitting the hole with ease. LB Von Miller is a STUD. Also, DE Derek Wolfe is an animal too...Just name the time & place & #18 will settle this Playoff picture final results Championship Glory Road Stuff for good.  :rock:

Actually BAB,

The Broncos can win anywhere anytime now...Location doesn't matter now, especially with RB Knowshon Moreno blocking well in pass protection now & hitting the hole with ease. LB Von Miller is a STUD. Also, DE Derek Wolfe is an animal too...Just name the time & place & #18 will settle this Playoff picture final results Championship Glory Road Stuff for good.  :rock:

Prater more accurate apparently at home, has been iffy of late on the road though had 1 stellar game when Broncos had redzone issues getting  TDs, but for a franchised player who can make FG beyond the 50 to start missing some in the 40's and 1 in the 30' yard range is not good, first half of year didnt miss one then had a run of games with misses

Moreno is doinjg great, love the leap over a standing Ed Reed, but  last game was Peytons play calling and the realization the 4 of the ravens best tacklers & run stoppers were not playing

But love morenos drive, keeps legs going, best play to me wasnt  jump over reed but in trying to get a first down was few yards short, keep legs churning and looked like entire denver team came back behind him and as a unit just help shove him forward for easy first down, thats team playing & recognition

Yes Decker & CB were Jawing and Decker winning

I wrote somewhere else how moreno said Peyton saw the blitzes coming from the outside so knew would be a soft middle and thats why he audibled to the run for TD try,, Not sure when u say untouched, someone may have got a fingernail on him, but yeah he had an extremely easy 6 yrad trot in for TD

Peyton has been anxious from day 1 with this team , loving the height of Decker & dt as never had that and was salivatiing of the possibiolities

tell ya was good blake & walton got hurt in a way , not that happy someone is hurt, but, having koppen as center , being use to no huddle of pats makes it easier than someone trying to learn system , great pick up, just hope he doesnt get injured

Yes i know about that streak, hears another last time a team one 9  games in a row by at least 7 points were the Peyton led 05 colts for 13 games, the man is nothing but consistent

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/13718-peyton-9-wins-7-point-margin/

Actually BAB,

Fox on whats still needs to be improved on & on Moreno  its buried in an article on last game 

“A lot of areas we need to improve on -- we did put it on the ground a couple times in the return game,” Fox said.

(( NOTE LUCKILY EACH ROLLED OUT OF BOUNDS < ONe FOR ABOUT 5 YRADS BEFORE GOING OUT OF BOUNDS ))

“We were a little better in the red area, still need to work on giving up a couple of explosive plays late in games on defense. I know that's something that needs to be addressed. So we still have a lot of work to do and a lot of improving to do."

MORENO SOLID AGAIN

For the second consecutive week, running back Knowshon Morenoicon-article-link.gif ran for more than 100 yards.

With 391 yards rushing in four games since returning to the lineup after eight straight weeks as a gameday inactive, Moreno has continued to show that he is capable of carrying the load for the Denver running game. With 121.8 scrimmage yards per game since stepping into the starting lineup, Moreno ranks fourth in the NFL in that time, second among running backs behind Vikings RB Adrian Peterson.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Next-Day-Notebook-Still-Growing/f0fda052-d0f2-491a-808c-5f6fb00cf521

Spreading the Ball Around

"It doesn't matter how many yards you got, or how many catches you got," wide receiverEric Deckericon-article-link.gif said the day after Sunday's win in Baltimore. "As long as you're doing your piece to win the ball game."

That has been the mindset of the entire Broncos receiving corps throughout the 2012 season.

Denver is one of three teams in the NFL that has five pass-catchers with 35-plus receptions. All five of those receivers - wideouts Demaryius Thomasicon-article-link.gifBrandon Stokleyicon-article-link.gif and Decker, and tight endsJacob Tammeicon-article-link.gif and Joel Dreessenicon-article-link.gif - have led the team or tied for the team-lead in receptions in at least one game this year. Running back Knowshon Morenoicon-article-link.gif is a sixth player that has accomplished that feat.

"You never know when your number is going to be called," Stokley said. "We all continue to work hard and try to get better. Next week, it might be Demaryius getting a lot of balls thrown his way. The last few weeks, Decker stepped his game up and had the opportunities and made the most of it."

Spreading the ball around has been a huge part of the offense's identity, and a key reason behind its success. When defenses have paid too much attention to one player, Manning has looked the other way and found the open receiver. It shows that Manning not only has the vision to find the open man, but the trust in all of his receivers to be in the right place and make the catch.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Spreading-the-Ball-Around/39265d0a-103b-4a13-90e8-138e475dba10

Denver Controls Destiny, Remains Focused

Everybody understands the situation we’re in," wide receiver Brandon Stokleyicon-article-link.gif said. "We haven’t accomplished anything yet. It’s all about playing your best football in January. You want to feel good about what you do at the end of the regular season.”

Head Coach John Fox acknowledged on Monday that the team understands it controls its own destiny, but that's not the club's concern.

"If we don’t play our best game against Cleveland this week, that will be all for naught," Fox said. "So all our focus will be on the Cleveland Browns, a team that’s won three out of four games."

The talk of one-game-at-a-time doesn't ring hollow inside Dove Valley. The Broncos have prided themselves on giving each team they've played equal attention, and that attitude has brought nine consecutive wins with it.

It's a mantra that has been repeated again and again in the locker room, and it hasn't changed as the team prepares to take on the Browns at Sports Authority Field at Mile High on Sunday.

"Cleveland is a very good team," wide receiver Eric Deckericon-article-link.gif said. "They beat Pittsburgh, they beat Cincinnati -- two playoff-contending teams. They’ve got a great running game, and their defense is stout. Our focus isn’t on whether we get a bye or not. It’s on beating (Cleveland) and taking care of this week.”

Decker noted that if the Broncos take care of their own business in the next two weeks, "everything else will take care of itself." So there's no reason to scoreboard-watch or get too far ahead of the task at hand.

Fox doesn't anticipate that will be a problem.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Denver-Controls-Destiny-Remains-Focused/5ed99807-483c-4012-8fe3-02a8417181b2

Denver Broncos veterans keeping watchful eye over threat of complacency

If any Broncos player shows the least bit of overconfidence or complacency this week, team leaders will be ready to step up and, um, voice their concerns, Broncos veteran cornerback Champ Bailey said Monday at Dove Valley.

"If I see that, words will be said," Bailey said. "You can't let that happen."

But until seeds are clinched, teams can't afford to get ahead of themselves, Bailey said.

"It's almost natural to get settled to where you are," Bailey said, referring to the Broncos being the No. 2 seed if the season ended today.

But the season does not end today.

"Everybody understands the situation we're in; we haven't accomplished anything yet," wide receiver Brandon Stokley said Monday. "It's all about playing your best football in January.

You want to feel good about what you do at the end of the regular season."

Read more:Denver Broncos veterans keeping watchful eye over threat of complacency - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22212285/broncos-veterans-keeping-watchful-eye-over-threat-complacency#ixzz2FPOpt2gt

Denver Broncos eyeing ... the Cleveland Browns

Browns team stats or notes

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22211847/denver-broncos-eyeing-cleveland-browns

AS PROBOWL  VOTE ENDS  with last nights game, in late afternoon  

At last check, seven Broncos were being voted starters for the AFC squad. Eight other Broncos were in contention for a Pro Bowl spot.

Among them are Peyton Manning, who leads all vote-getters, Champ Bailey, Von Miller, Zane Beadles, Ryan Clady, Elvis Dumervil, Wesley Woodyard, David Bruton, Trindon Holliday, Dan Koppen, Britton Colquitt, Demaryius Thomas, Chris Gronkowski, Rahim Moore and Matt Prater. At various times throughout voting, Eric Decker and Mike Adams have also been among the top five vote-getters at their respective positions.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/final-pro-bowl-push/

& NOW

Pro Bowl votes now up to coaches, players. 

Fan voting for the 2013 Pro Bowl teams closed Monday. Broncos coaches and players will cast their ballots Thursday, with the results announced Dec. 26. Fan voting represents one-third of the balloting, coaches have one-third of the vote, and players constitute the other one-third.

The most recent voting results had three Broncos leading at their respective positions: Manning, cornerback Champ Bailey and outside linebacker Von Miller. Ranked second (and therefore in position to start) were defensive end Elvis Dumervil, guard Zane Beadles, tackle Ryan Clady and outside linebacker Wesley Woodyard.

Ranked third were special-teamer David Bruton, return man Trindon Holliday and center Dan Koppen.

as an aside Porter nearing returnIt's easy to keep track of how long cornerback Tracy Porter has been sidelined. He has been down since falling ill the day before the Broncos were to play their Monday night game, Oct. 15 at San Diego.

Read more:Denver Broncos' Eric Decker shows he's a touchdown maker - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22211852/denver-broncos-eric-decker-shows-hes-touchdown-maker#ixzz2FPQD3jBf

Decker was the prototypical WR Manning likes to work with: Smart, understands situations, never complains even when he's targeted only twice in a game, precise route, never gives up. Believe Manning wanted Colts to draft him but they did not manage to get him and got Collie instead.

I just really want them to add a nice WR in the off season and at some point move Decker to the slot. Stokley just isn't any younger and Manning needs a reliable slot guy. Nobody is more suitable than Decker.

Actually BAB,

Brother IMO this is the best team in the AFC right now over all hands down,and probably in the NFL

Fox on whats still needs to be improved on & on Moreno  its buried in an article on last game 

“A lot of areas we need to improve on -- we did put it on the ground a couple times in the return game,” Fox said.

(( NOTE LUCKILY EACH ROLLED OUT OF BOUNDS < ONe FOR ABOUT 5 YRADS BEFORE GOING OUT OF BOUNDS ))

“We were a little better in the red area, still need to work on giving up a couple of explosive plays late in games on defense. I know that's something that needs to be addressed. So we still have a lot of work to do and a lot of improving to do."

MORENO SOLID AGAIN

For the second consecutive week, running back Knowshon Morenoicon-article-link.gif ran for more than 100 yards.

With 391 yards rushing in four games since returning to the lineup after eight straight weeks as a gameday inactive, Moreno has continued to show that he is capable of carrying the load for the Denver running game. With 121.8 scrimmage yards per game since stepping into the starting lineup, Moreno ranks fourth in the NFL in that time, second among running backs behind Vikings RB Adrian Peterson.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Next-Day-Notebook-Still-Growing/f0fda052-d0f2-491a-808c-5f6fb00cf521

Spreading the Ball Around

"It doesn't matter how many yards you got, or how many catches you got," wide receiverEric Deckericon-article-link.gif said the day after Sunday's win in Baltimore. "As long as you're doing your piece to win the ball game."

That has been the mindset of the entire Broncos receiving corps throughout the 2012 season.

Denver is one of three teams in the NFL that has five pass-catchers with 35-plus receptions. All five of those receivers - wideouts Demaryius Thomasicon-article-link.gifBrandon Stokleyicon-article-link.gif and Decker, and tight endsJacob Tammeicon-article-link.gif and Joel Dreessenicon-article-link.gif - have led the team or tied for the team-lead in receptions in at least one game this year. Running back Knowshon Morenoicon-article-link.gif is a sixth player that has accomplished that feat.

"You never know when your number is going to be called," Stokley said. "We all continue to work hard and try to get better. Next week, it might be Demaryius getting a lot of balls thrown his way. The last few weeks, Decker stepped his game up and had the opportunities and made the most of it."

Spreading the ball around has been a huge part of the offense's identity, and a key reason behind its success. When defenses have paid too much attention to one player, Manning has looked the other way and found the open receiver. It shows that Manning not only has the vision to find the open man, but the trust in all of his receivers to be in the right place and make the catch.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Spreading-the-Ball-Around/39265d0a-103b-4a13-90e8-138e475dba10

Denver Controls Destiny, Remains Focused

Everybody understands the situation we’re in," wide receiver Brandon Stokleyicon-article-link.gif said. "We haven’t accomplished anything yet. It’s all about playing your best football in January. You want to feel good about what you do at the end of the regular season.”

Head Coach John Fox acknowledged on Monday that the team understands it controls its own destiny, but that's not the club's concern.

"If we don’t play our best game against Cleveland this week, that will be all for naught," Fox said. "So all our focus will be on the Cleveland Browns, a team that’s won three out of four games."

The talk of one-game-at-a-time doesn't ring hollow inside Dove Valley. The Broncos have prided themselves on giving each team they've played equal attention, and that attitude has brought nine consecutive wins with it.

It's a mantra that has been repeated again and again in the locker room, and it hasn't changed as the team prepares to take on the Browns at Sports Authority Field at Mile High on Sunday.

"Cleveland is a very good team," wide receiver Eric Deckericon-article-link.gif said. "They beat Pittsburgh, they beat Cincinnati -- two playoff-contending teams. They’ve got a great running game, and their defense is stout. Our focus isn’t on whether we get a bye or not. It’s on beating (Cleveland) and taking care of this week.”

Decker noted that if the Broncos take care of their own business in the next two weeks, "everything else will take care of itself." So there's no reason to scoreboard-watch or get too far ahead of the task at hand.

Fox doesn't anticipate that will be a problem.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Denver-Controls-Destiny-Remains-Focused/5ed99807-483c-4012-8fe3-02a8417181b2

Denver Broncos veterans keeping watchful eye over threat of complacency

If any Broncos player shows the least bit of overconfidence or complacency this week, team leaders will be ready to step up and, um, voice their concerns, Broncos veteran cornerback Champ Bailey said Monday at Dove Valley.

"If I see that, words will be said," Bailey said. "You can't let that happen."

But until seeds are clinched, teams can't afford to get ahead of themselves, Bailey said.

"It's almost natural to get settled to where you are," Bailey said, referring to the Broncos being the No. 2 seed if the season ended today.

But the season does not end today.

"Everybody understands the situation we're in; we haven't accomplished anything yet," wide receiver Brandon Stokley said Monday. "It's all about playing your best football in January.

You want to feel good about what you do at the end of the regular season."

Read more:Denver Broncos veterans keeping watchful eye over threat of complacency - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22212285/broncos-veterans-keeping-watchful-eye-over-threat-complacency#ixzz2FPOpt2gt

Denver Broncos eyeing ... the Cleveland Browns

Browns team stats or notes

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22211847/denver-broncos-eyeing-cleveland-browns

AS PROBOWL  VOTE ENDS  with last nights game, in late afternoon  

At last check, seven Broncos were being voted starters for the AFC squad. Eight other Broncos were in contention for a Pro Bowl spot.

Among them are Peyton Manning, who leads all vote-getters, Champ Bailey, Von Miller, Zane Beadles, Ryan Clady, Elvis Dumervil, Wesley Woodyard, David Bruton, Trindon Holliday, Dan Koppen, Britton Colquitt, Demaryius Thomas, Chris Gronkowski, Rahim Moore and Matt Prater. At various times throughout voting, Eric Decker and Mike Adams have also been among the top five vote-getters at their respective positions.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/final-pro-bowl-push/

& NOW

Pro Bowl votes now up to coaches, players. 

Fan voting for the 2013 Pro Bowl teams closed Monday. Broncos coaches and players will cast their ballots Thursday, with the results announced Dec. 26. Fan voting represents one-third of the balloting, coaches have one-third of the vote, and players constitute the other one-third.

The most recent voting results had three Broncos leading at their respective positions: Manning, cornerback Champ Bailey and outside linebacker Von Miller. Ranked second (and therefore in position to start) were defensive end Elvis Dumervil, guard Zane Beadles, tackle Ryan Clady and outside linebacker Wesley Woodyard.

Ranked third were special-teamer David Bruton, return man Trindon Holliday and center Dan Koppen.

as an aside Porter nearing returnIt's easy to keep track of how long cornerback Tracy Porter has been sidelined. He has been down since falling ill the day before the Broncos were to play their Monday night game, Oct. 15 at San Diego.

Read more:Denver Broncos' Eric Decker shows he's a touchdown maker - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22211852/denver-broncos-eric-decker-shows-hes-touchdown-maker#ixzz2FPQD3jBf

Thanks for all the articles Barry and Bay  Area ,apreciate it  :thmup:

no problem Jay are at times I can, especially early am, at others u may not here from me all, If I can squeeze some in  I  need to as way to escape life's  situations at times

Actually BAB,

YES

Brother IMO this is the best team in the AFC right now over all hands down,and probably in the NFL

Love It & likes quota used up

Yes I DO

======================================

In other AFC West news:

Fox said return man Trindon Holliday will remain in his role, but there's no doubt Holliday needs to improve.

He nearly lost two punts Sunday.  (((((  Fumbled badly kickily suibbed through both teams out of bounds  ))))

Holliday is a high reward-high risk player who could really help -- or really hurt -- Denver in the postseason. He has returned a kick and a punt for scores since the Broncos claimed him in October.

After Week 15, the Chiefs remain on pace for the No. 1 pick in the 2013 draft, Oakland remains on pace for the No. 3 despite winning its fourth game and San Diego moved up to the No. 7 slot from being on pace for the No. 9 pick.

man the other teams will get gopod draft picks in afc west

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/52679/broncos-wont-relax-now&ex_cid=MyESPNToday_Team

OVERHEARD:

"I was not expecting him to jump, honestly. I couldn’t react because I was just dealing with a lot of sickness early in the game. I just wasn’t all the way into it, honestly. I was dealing with flu symptoms and everything. I just kind of watched him jump over me. I wasn’t expecting that at all. I thought he was ready to put his head down. I saw him gathering himself, so I was like, ‘There’s no way he’s going to jump.’ Great play by him. It happens.” -- Safety Ed Reed on Moreno leaping over him 

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/61524/upon-further-review-ravens-23&ex_cid=MyESPNToday_Team

NFL Power Rankings, Week 15: Shuffling at the top continues as Denver Broncos take over No. 1 spot

at least on this  weekly  MICH SPORTS SITE  

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2012/12/nfl_power_rankings_week_15.html

He's in a new city wearing new colors, but Peyton Manning still owns the Ravens.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baltimore-sports-blog/bal-five-things-ravens-broncos-121712-pg,0,4191845.photogallery

Decker was the prototypical WR Manning likes to work with: Smart, understands situations, never complains even when he's targeted only twice in a game, precise route, never gives up. Believe Manning wanted Colts to draft him but they did not manage to get him and got Collie instead.

I just really want them to add a nice WR in the off season and at some point move Decker to the slot. Stokley just isn't any younger and Manning needs a reliable slot guy. Nobody is more suitable than Decker.

I fully agree with you. Though I'm not sure if he has the hands of Stokley. He (and DT too) had some bone-headed moments earlier in the season, but they have settled down.

Actually BAB,

I know we can win anywhere but I still don't want to go to Foxboro ;) But yeah, we have a game changer on both sides. Von and Peyton are off the charts, and they give me confidence to win no matter where. Our special team has been good too, though Holiday is feast or famine. And Derek Wolfe. Thanks for noticing him. He has been a real key.

OVERHEARD:

"I was not expecting him to jump, honestly. I couldn’t react because I was just dealing with a lot of sickness early in the game. I just wasn’t all the way into it, honestly. I was dealing with flu symptoms and everything. I just kind of watched him jump over me. I wasn’t expecting that at all. I thought he was ready to put his head down. I saw him gathering himself, so I was like, ‘There’s no way he’s going to jump.’ Great play by him. It happens.” -- Safety Ed Reed on Moreno leaping over him

Barry, thanks so much for all these links. I will be entertained for a while now.

I have to say I'm so happy for Knowshon. He's been unfairly bashed. I guess that's what you get when you are a 12th pick and unable to play regardless of circumstance. But I'm so impressed that he kept his mouth shut and continued working hard. He looks great especially in light of Brandon Jacobs and Tracy Porter (not that I think they don't have a legit complaint).

I fully agree with you. Though I'm not sure if he has the hands of Stokley. He (and DT too) had some bone-headed moments earlier in the season, but they have settled down.

I know we can win anywhere but I still don't want to go to Foxboro ;) But yeah, we have a game changer on both sides. Von and Peyton are off the charts, and they give me confidence to win no matter where. Our special team has been good too, though Holiday is feast or famine. And Derek Wolfe. Thanks for noticing him. He has been a real key.

Barry, thanks so much for all these links. I will be entertained for a while now.

I have to say I'm so happy for Knowshon. He's been unfairly bashed. I guess that's what you get when you are a 12th pick and unable to play regardless of circumstance. But I'm so impressed that he kept his mouth shut and continued working hard. He looks great especially in light of Brandon Jacobs and Tracy Porter (not that I think they don't have a legit complaint).

stokely has great hands like fine wine they are aged ( LOL )

Moreno Nominated for FedEx Ground Award Again

to vote

I vote for never say never Leep over Ed Reed but AP has to get it

http://www.nfl.com/voting/players-air-and-ground/2012/REG/15

Moreno Nominated for FedEx Ground Award Again

to vote

I vote for never say never Leep over Ed Reed but AP has to get it

http://www.nfl.com/voting/players-air-and-ground/2012/REG/15

Oh goody! I'm voting.

Here is Champ talking about championship potential for your reading/viewing pleasure:

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/12/17/champ-bailey-admits-broncos-have-championship-potential/

Actually BAB,

Knowshon Moreno named AFC offensive player of the week

now thats coming back from the forgotten if not the dead

It’s the first player of the week honor in Moreno’s four-year career. He’s the seventh Bronco to receive such an honor this year —

Peyton Manning was also named offensive player of the week; Tracy Porter, Wesley Woodyard and Von Miller were named

defensive players of the week, and Matt Prater and Trindon Holliday were honored once with the special teams player of the week.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/12/19/knowshon-moreno-named-afc-offensive-player-week/17525/