Photo

2013 NFL Draft/FA

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#41 throwing BBZ

throwing BBZ
  • 3172 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

NoOne would give up a draft pick for him.
Were you one of those fans upset because we cut Pro Bowler Addai?

Preseason Live: Indianapolis ColtsColts Football Starts Now. Don't Miss a Moment!

#42 Gavin

Gavin
  • 17522 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

NoOne would give up a draft pick for him.
Were you one of those fans upset because we cut Pro Bowler Addai?

No I was neutral on the Addia release, Injuries and age caught up with him,. Also considering Brown has one year left on his deal and its past the trade deadline your right but my point was get him a competant O Line to run behind he would be decent I think which he proved last year even though under different circumstances. Maybe he is better in a Zone Blocking system but he was outgaining Ballard in yards and ypc with Ballard close in the same carry attempts at the time, I love the power running game but also like the playmaking threat that Brown is, He is fast enough to score from anywhere on the field on 1 touch. I like the combination but suspect either Brown or Ballard can both carry the load

#43 funktacious2

funktacious2
  • 1792 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:14 AM

Why do people keep saying this?
Kinda depends on what we do in FA, doesn't it?
I agree that we'll pick up plenty of defense this off season. That and OL, but to say the draft will be defense heavy is not a given.
Thank you. Lol

#44 danlhart87

danlhart87
  • 1357 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

Good backs play good even behind average lines.

#45 Gavin

Gavin
  • 17522 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

Good backs play good even behind average lines.

4.8ypc and 3.9 is good in my book but going with your opinion Trent is not a good Back because he averages 3.5 ypc? Or Darren Mcfadden is not a good Back all of a sudden because he is averaging 3.4 ypc? Backs have to get plenty of carries to be affective

#46 danlhart87

danlhart87
  • 1357 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

The problem w Brown is his consistency. He will make a couple really good runs then suck the rest of the game.

#47 SuperJoe33

SuperJoe33
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

As far as free agents these are the people that I would like the Colts to look at.
Ryan Clady first-round talent at left tackle
Jake long first-round pick at left tackle
Levitre a guard from Buffalo
DeShawn Goldson to replace Tom
I think we let Franey walk and replace them with Anthony Spencer
we draft the defense of and out of BYU Ziggy 6 foot seven 270 pounds
with our third and fourth pick we take the best available player.
Also remember that were going to get Ben healthy back from an ACL injury
we also should get Josh Chapman back and healthy with fillia and Drake
Costanzo could make a transition to right tackle if Clady or long can be signed.
I think this shores up a lot of inconsistent play on the offense of line as well as adding depth to the defense of line.
If there's any money left maybe take a run at Connor Barwin. This also gives us depth at the outside linebacker position.
Now I understand that depending on how the money goes and does type of things you don't always get everybody on your wish list but just a thought

Tell me what you think….
Super Joe

#48 Y2Jared

Y2Jared
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

This will all change depending on what the Colts pick up in Free Agency, but i do not think any draft pick spent on a pass rusher or lineman is a terrible pick for this team. 

That's all I am looking for mainly, a few new big hogs for Andrew or the D'Line and a pass rusher or two to replace Freeney in the 3-4.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      01 Sep
    T Y Goodbye

ATTN JOE'S LEAGUE: Read and respond and comply asap, if you were given wrong players in the draft. See my post in the yahoo site as well as the one here on the Forum.

Show comments (1)
View All Updates