Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY Hilton - Best WR from draft?

BProland85

He is most certainly one of the fastest wideouts in the league, not too mention very elusive and can turn on a dime, a pretty solid jumper as well which can sometimes compensate for the lack of height as shown with the double-coverage TD catch earlier in the year.

I do think however that he is and always will be a slot receiver, hopefully in the shape of Victor Cruz if he can develops better hands. He is well suited to an Arians offense and I think he is around for the long haul.

Once again the question talking part were all general statements. We all know he is a very fast guy, doesn't make what I said any less accurate. And if you are going to say my statement is laughable then please add some backbone to your insult and state your own piece, otherwise it's completely moot.

The one thing we agree on is that TY will pay divedends for us in the future.  I simply exploited your foolish statement "is he the fastest, not even close" , you state he's not the fastest, now you switch your statement saying "we all know he is a very fast guy".  Change your statements as much as you like not many WR'S in the NFL run sub 4.3 40's plain and simple

The one thing we agree on is that TY will pay divedends for us in the future.  I simply exploited your foolish statement "is he the fastest, not even close" , you state he's not the fastest, now you switch your statement saying "we all know he is a very fast guy".  Change your statements as much as you like not many WR'S in the NFL run sub 4.3 40's plain and simple

And for the third time it was a general statement not precise yet still accurate because he is fast but there are still faster WRs in the league. Plus 40 times and game speed are two different things so you can't use that. I didn't change my statement at all. You just didn't take it for what it was therefore I clarified myself to no avail.

And for the third time it was a general statement not precise yet still accurate because he is fast but there are still faster WRs in the league. Plus 40 times and game speed are two different things so you can't use that. I didn't change my statement at all. You just didn't take it for what it was therefore I clarified myself to no avail.

I'd be interested to see you list 5 WR who are faster on the field than TY. I'm not saying there are or aren't but the eye test tells me that TY is in the 90th percentile of speed in the NFL. Knocking his size, route running, or concentration on the ball are all fine but bringing up speed as any sort of critique is silly.

I'd be interested to see you list 5 WR who are faster on the field than TY. I'm not saying there are or aren't but the eye test tells me that TY is in the 90th percentile of speed in the NFL. Knocking his size, route running, or concentration on the ball are all fine but bringing up speed as any sort of critique is silly.

You both are paying way too much attention to the speed part of my original statement n not the statement as a whole. I was just saying he is not the most gifted naturally but he is getting it done with what he has. There is that simple enough for you?

Athletic and talented are two different things. When people say "athletic" they usually refer to the big tall dominant receivers that beat you with their sheer size. But I remember a certain receiver we used to have that showed athleticism is not the only measure of talent in a receiver by beating the defense with shear route running and fantastic hands, just wish I could remember his name**sarcasm**

Is Hilton the biggest? Far from it. Is he the fastest? Not even close. Are his hands good? Yes, but not GREAT yet. Route running? Average for a rookie receiver. Despite all that he is getting it done arguably as good if not better than most rookie WRs so yes I say he has talent and will be a fantastic WR for this team in the future.

Talented and athletic. I never said the two were synonymous. Nor did I say you had to be athletic to be talented. I was merely saying that the little bit of highlights of his best catches won't show many athletic efforts or elite difficulty catches. Hilton IMO opinion has shown great speed and pretty good route running, but those attributes do not feel like enough to be the best receiver from the 2012 draft. If we were talking about this year alone then maybe, but all-time potential I just don't know.