Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY Hilton - Best WR from draft?

BProland85

I think he very well could end up the best WR from this past draft. Kendall Wright has shown some playmaking ability, but I think Hilton is more explosive and better in the return game. Michael Floyd hasnt done much, and the only other one who may compete with Hilton is Josh Gordon from Cleveland.

Thoughts?

Cardinals are playing without an O Line and QB and Floyd only has 2 starts. I think Hilton has alot of potential, but best WR in the draft I dont know about that ince a couple of these other big name WR's get a QB, not much size to Hilton, Great start though he has worked out great for us

You do have to factor in who is throwing to all those WRs too. :)

That TD pass to TY vs the Texans today. Are you kidding me? The ball was just gliding like it was effortless. The other guy who throws like that effortlessly just beat the Pats in Foxboro, IMO. RG3's deep ball is pretty to watch as well.

I think he very well could end up the best WR from this past draft. Kendall Wright has shown some playmaking ability, but I think Hilton is more explosive and better in the return game. Michael Floyd hasnt done much, and the only other one who may compete with Hilton is Josh Gordon from Cleveland.

Thoughts?

in future years with right qb, Blackmon of Jaaxsonville might show it , but in Jaxsonville he wont

The REAL question, though, is whose TD "dance" is more presumptions, immature and annoying - Garcon pointing to his name or TY's arm flapping?

:D

really never understood why people dontr like that dance...its a pretty popular way to celebrate a goal on soccer here in mexico..pointing at your name

You do have to factor in who is throwing to all those WRs too. :)

That TD pass to TY vs the Texans today. Are you kidding me? The ball was just gliding like it was effortless. The other guy who throws like that effortlessly just beat the Pats in Foxboro, IMO. RG3's deep ball is pretty to watch as well.

You know what's so crazy about that pass and others I've seen from Luck in the past is that he was under considerable duress and scrambling when he did it.  The guy seems to be able to put mustard on the ball even when he doesn't have his feet planted.

Thoughts?

My thoughts would be "probably not." Hilton will always have some limitations due to his size. I don't think he will ever be a terrific route runner either. Guys like Josh Gorden , Stephen Hill , Blackman have a higher ceiling as they have better size and can make catches when they are covered. That said I think Hilton was a great pick for the end of the 3rd round and may have been the steal of the draft as far as Wr's go. In all fairness to his competition , there could be a case for saying Hilton had had more of an opprotunity than a lot of other rookie WR's as the Colts had pretty much Reggie Wayne and not a lot other than a bunch of rookies cometing for targets. Plus we throw the ball as much as anyone...

If I had the ability to steal a rookie receiver from a team it would have to be Josh Gordon.  Both guys are deep threats but only one of them has a 6'3", 220 pound frame.

Hilton is still a hell of a player, though, and has been much more dangerous than just about every other receiver in that draft.

This kid was a steal..and he's only going to get better with time.

Exactly Luck1824! Great vision, hands, & speed...TY's "a diamond in the rough" who will shimmer & shine brightly in a few years once he masters the playbook, trusts what he sees & feels, & just reacts...A great fit for us IMO.

Hilton is still a hell of a player, though, and has been much more dangerous than just about every other receiver in that draft.

Thanks RGIII, my friend CF4L will be glad to hear you say that. I'm glad RG3 is okay too. Washington has a darn good shot at winning the NFC East too. Dallas is not consistent & the NY Giants are misfiring right now. The Skins will make the Playoffs this year too. Book It!  :thmup:

Cardinals are playing without an O Line and QB and Floyd only has 2 starts. I think Hilton has alot of potential, but best WR in the draft I dont know about that ince a couple of these other big name WR's get a QB, not much size to Hilton, Great start though he has worked out great for us

My thoughts exactly.  He has the type of Desean Jackson/Mike Wallace type speed, great choice in the draft. 

Most talented? Doubt it, when T.Y. gets his season highlight reels he's not going to have the most athletic, elite catches, but he's productive and a steal for sure.

Athletic and talented are two different things. When people say "athletic" they usually refer to the big tall dominant receivers that beat you with their sheer size. But I remember a certain receiver we used to have that showed athleticism is not the only measure of talent in a receiver by beating the defense with shear route running and fantastic hands, just wish I could remember his name**sarcasm**

Is Hilton the biggest? Far from it. Is he the fastest? Not even close. Are his hands good? Yes, but not GREAT yet. Route running? Average for a rookie receiver. Despite all that he is getting it done arguably as good if not better than most rookie WRs so yes I say he has talent and will be a fantastic WR for this team in the future.

In answer to the topic question, he's certainly up there and may just edge by exceeding the pre-season expectations as being a return/screen only guy. He may well be outstripped as other players in this class develop but given that I think this is going to be one of the best all round classes of all time there's not shame in that. 

His hands aren't out of this world, but that can be worked on, I love his speed and attitude and his performances have become a lot more consistent as the season rolls to an end. He's never going to be what some term a "Number one" unless he has a unexpected growth spurt but he still can be huge weapon for us in the future. I think he's proven to be worth trading up for certainly. On top of that he does wear "13" so he wins extra points in my eyes just for that :P

Athletic and talented are two different things. When people say "athletic" they usually refer to the big tall dominant receivers that beat you with their sheer size. But I remember a certain receiver we used to have that showed athleticism is not the only measure of talent in a receiver by beating the defense with shear route running and fantastic hands, just wish I could remember his name**sarcasm**

Is Hilton the biggest? Far from it. Is he the fastest? Not even close. Are his hands good? Yes, but not GREAT yet. Route running? Average for a rookie receiver. Despite all that he is getting it done arguably as good if not better than most rookie WRs so yes I say he has talent and will be a fantastic WR for this team in the future.

not the fastes huh.. I'd disagree hes pretty darn quick

He is pretty darn quick haha was a general statement.

So I guess T.Y. Hilton running a 4.37 doesnt qualify him to be even close to the fastest :clap: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=86771&draftyear=2012&genpos=WR  not to mention your athletic and talented contrast is laughable

So I guess T.Y. Hilton running a 4.37 doesnt qualify him to be even close to the fastest :clap: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=86771&draftyear=2012&genpos=WR  not to mention your athletic and talented contrast is laughable

Once again the question talking part were all general statements. We all know he is a very fast guy, doesn't make what I said any less accurate. And if you are going to say my statement is laughable then please add some backbone to your insult and state your own piece, otherwise it's completely moot.

If I had the ability to steal a rookie receiver from a team it would have to be Josh Gordon.  Both guys are deep threats but only one of them has a 6'3", 220 pound frame.

Agreed on both counts.