•  

Photo

TY Hilton - Best WR from draft?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

#1 BProland85

BProland85
  • 1244 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

I think he very well could end up the best WR from this past draft. Kendall Wright has shown some playmaking ability, but I think Hilton is more explosive and better in the return game. Michael Floyd hasnt done much, and the only other one who may compete with Hilton is Josh Gordon from Cleveland.

Thoughts?

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2388 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

Too early.

But Hilton is having a very good year. He will certainly have the best year out of the rest of the receivers.

“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#3 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16325 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:33 PM

Cardinals are playing without an O Line and QB and Floyd only has 2 starts. I think Hilton has alot of potential, but best WR in the draft I dont know about that ince a couple of these other big name WR's get a QB, not much size to Hilton, Great start though he has worked out great for us

#4 Steagles

Steagles

Matt Overton and I!

• 873 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

This year's wide receiver class was not exactly stacked, so there is a very good chance he could turn out to be the best.

I am giving this improved Colts team 8 wins this year. I think we will go 8-8 in 2013-14.   (July 24, 2013)

#5 Nobody

Nobody
  • 4680 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

So far yes, by far.
I will delete this when the new Colts win a Super Bowl.

Come on boys, let's get rid of the rest of my sig!

#6 Stephen

Stephen
  • 2430 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:50 AM

Hilton is a beast like harrison. Speedy and good hands wen luck isn't throwing too high to him

#7 Andy

Andy
  • 8600 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:55 AM

So far, no. Josh Gordon has been better, but if you're talking about the NFL Draft only, then yes TY has been the best SO FAR.

Andy
Writer for: The Montreal Gazette, and various other websites

Posted Image

#8 chad72

chad72
  • 8423 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

You do have to factor in who is throwing to all those WRs too. :)

That TD pass to TY vs the Texans today. Are you kidding me? The ball was just gliding like it was effortless. The other guy who throws like that effortlessly just beat the Pats in Foxboro, IMO. RG3's deep ball is pretty to watch as well.

#9 ConBro

ConBro
  • 1134 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:49 AM

TY reminds me a bit of Garcon. He came in under the radar and has been pleasantly turning heads since he put on the horse shoe. Love it! :td:

:blueshoe: 2013 AFC South Champions :blueshoe:

#10 UKColt13

UKColt13
  • 866 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:11 AM

So far, arguably.
Twitter: @AidenRudd

#11 DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:36 AM

The REAL question, though, is whose TD "dance" is more presumptions, immature and annoying - Garcon pointing to his name or TY's arm flapping?

:D

#12 Dan

Dan

#bradyquinnforthemaddencover

• 1371 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:07 AM

I would definitely say Hilton has been playing better than all the other receivers. Josh Gordon comes close.

#13 bayone

bayone

bayone

• 7005 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:00 AM

I think he very well could end up the best WR from this past draft. Kendall Wright has shown some playmaking ability, but I think Hilton is more explosive and better in the return game. Michael Floyd hasnt done much, and the only other one who may compete with Hilton is Josh Gordon from Cleveland.

Thoughts?

in future years with right qb, Blackmon of Jaaxsonville might show it , but in Jaxsonville he wont

Forgive any typos, try to catch, but have multiple progressive disabilities

#14 Stephen

Stephen
  • 2430 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

Hilton 44 recs 716 yards 6 tds 1 td from return ill say hilton is already better than other receivers once we get a line and he gets more accurate passes from luck his numbers may over 1500 yards

#15 gbrads_rants

gbrads_rants
  • 570 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

I like Gordon and wish we got him...he's a monster. I imagine if he had a full off season program he wouldve faired much better

#16 chrisfarley

chrisfarley
  • 2149 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

jurys out on his dropsies -- i like him though

#17 Mameluc

Mameluc
  • 1968 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

The REAL question, though, is whose TD "dance" is more presumptions, immature and annoying - Garcon pointing to his name or TY's arm flapping?

:D

really never understood why people dontr like that dance...its a pretty popular way to celebrate a goal on soccer here in mexico..pointing at your name

#18 Bleedin Blue

Bleedin Blue
  • 462 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

You do have to factor in who is throwing to all those WRs too. :)

That TD pass to TY vs the Texans today. Are you kidding me? The ball was just gliding like it was effortless. The other guy who throws like that effortlessly just beat the Pats in Foxboro, IMO. RG3's deep ball is pretty to watch as well.

You know what's so crazy about that pass and others I've seen from Luck in the past is that he was under considerable duress and scrambling when he did it.  The guy seems to be able to put mustard on the ball even when he doesn't have his feet planted.

#19 hawkeyes

hawkeyes
  • 1558 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

With the early season drops I didn't think much of TY, but the last half of the season the kid has been very impressive!   Hope that he and Luck can stick together and become the next Manning-Harrison/Wayne!

:blueshoe: Lets Go Colts! :blueshoe:

*** DB ALL DAY ***

#20 John Waylon

John Waylon
  • 2750 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

I think he has been. Really impressed with him.
2012 mayan apocalypse survivor. We will rebuild.

#21 dw49

dw49
  • 3472 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

Thoughts?

My thoughts would be "probably not." Hilton will always have some limitations due to his size. I don't think he will ever be a terrific route runner either. Guys like Josh Gorden , Stephen Hill , Blackman have a higher ceiling as they have better size and can make catches when they are covered. That said I think Hilton was a great pick for the end of the 3rd round and may have been the steal of the draft as far as Wr's go. In all fairness to his competition , there could be a case for saying Hilton had had more of an opprotunity than a lot of other rookie WR's as the Colts had pretty much Reggie Wayne and not a lot other than a bunch of rookies cometing for targets. Plus we throw the ball as much as anyone...

#22 SupermanLuck12

SupermanLuck12
  • 2466 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

This kid was a steal..and he's only going to get better with time.
"In Grigson We Trust!"

#23 TheJACKCOLT

TheJACKCOLT
  • 261 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

I htink he will end up being really good, reminds me of Brown of the steelers, if he could pick up ten more pounds of muscle in the offseason it could make a big difference.

#24 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 12893 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:21 PM

Too early to tell but man he has a great rookie season and I look forward to watching him grow!

Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#25 RGIII

RGIII
  • 1083 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

If I had the ability to steal a rookie receiver from a team it would have to be Josh Gordon.  Both guys are deep threats but only one of them has a 6'3", 220 pound frame.

Hilton is still a hell of a player, though, and has been much more dangerous than just about every other receiver in that draft.

#26 southwest1

southwest1
  • 11926 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

This kid was a steal..and he's only going to get better with time.

Exactly Luck1824! Great vision, hands, & speed...TY's "a diamond in the rough" who will shimmer & shine brightly in a few years once he masters the playbook, trusts what he sees & feels, & just reacts...A great fit for us IMO.

"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." Sun Tzu

#27 southwest1

southwest1
  • 11926 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:16 AM

Hilton is still a hell of a player, though, and has been much more dangerous than just about every other receiver in that draft.

Thanks RGIII, my friend CF4L will be glad to hear you say that. I'm glad RG3 is okay too. Washington has a darn good shot at winning the NFC East too. Dallas is not consistent & the NY Giants are misfiring right now. The Skins will make the Playoffs this year too. Book It!  :thmup:

"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." Sun Tzu

#28 Stephen

Stephen
  • 2430 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:58 AM

Hilton can defy his size with pure speed

#29 funktacious2

funktacious2
  • 1768 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:11 AM

Most talented? Doubt it, when T.Y. gets his season highlight reels he's not going to have the most athletic, elite catches, but he's productive and a steal for sure.

#30 Rich Cannon

Rich Cannon
  • 1246 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:39 AM

Cardinals are playing without an O Line and QB and Floyd only has 2 starts. I think Hilton has alot of potential, but best WR in the draft I dont know about that ince a couple of these other big name WR's get a QB, not much size to Hilton, Great start though he has worked out great for us

My thoughts exactly.  He has the type of Desean Jackson/Mike Wallace type speed, great choice in the draft. 

(天) I RESPECT EVERYONES OPINION.....(SARCASM)

#31 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 3467 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

If he is really modeling himself after Wayne, then he will become the best....that's for sure.

#32 Kenny

Kenny
  • 1193 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

Most talented? Doubt it, when T.Y. gets his season highlight reels he's not going to have the most athletic, elite catches, but he's productive and a steal for sure.

Athletic and talented are two different things. When people say "athletic" they usually refer to the big tall dominant receivers that beat you with their sheer size. But I remember a certain receiver we used to have that showed athleticism is not the only measure of talent in a receiver by beating the defense with shear route running and fantastic hands, just wish I could remember his name**sarcasm**

Is Hilton the biggest? Far from it. Is he the fastest? Not even close. Are his hands good? Yes, but not GREAT yet. Route running? Average for a rookie receiver. Despite all that he is getting it done arguably as good if not better than most rookie WRs so yes I say he has talent and will be a fantastic WR for this team in the future.

#33 SteelCityColt

SteelCityColt
  • 3358 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

In answer to the topic question, he's certainly up there and may just edge by exceeding the pre-season expectations as being a return/screen only guy. He may well be outstripped as other players in this class develop but given that I think this is going to be one of the best all round classes of all time there's not shame in that. 

His hands aren't out of this world, but that can be worked on, I love his speed and attitude and his performances have become a lot more consistent as the season rolls to an end. He's never going to be what some term a "Number one" unless he has a unexpected growth spurt but he still can be huge weapon for us in the future. I think he's proven to be worth trading up for certainly. On top of that he does wear "13" so he wins extra points in my eyes just for that :P

#34 Rich Cannon

Rich Cannon
  • 1246 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

Athletic and talented are two different things. When people say "athletic" they usually refer to the big tall dominant receivers that beat you with their sheer size. But I remember a certain receiver we used to have that showed athleticism is not the only measure of talent in a receiver by beating the defense with shear route running and fantastic hands, just wish I could remember his name**sarcasm**

Is Hilton the biggest? Far from it. Is he the fastest? Not even close. Are his hands good? Yes, but not GREAT yet. Route running? Average for a rookie receiver. Despite all that he is getting it done arguably as good if not better than most rookie WRs so yes I say he has talent and will be a fantastic WR for this team in the future.

not the fastes huh.. I'd disagree hes pretty darn quick

#35 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11334 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

so far yes

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#36 Kenny

Kenny
  • 1193 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

not the fastes huh.. I'd disagree hes pretty darn quick

He is pretty darn quick haha was a general statement.

#37 Rich Cannon

Rich Cannon
  • 1246 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

He is pretty darn quick haha was a general statement.

So I guess T.Y. Hilton running a 4.37 doesnt qualify him to be even close to the fastest :clap: http://www.nfldrafts...=2012&genpos=WR  not to mention your athletic and talented contrast is laughable

#38 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11334 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

T.Y. was a steal 

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#39 Kenny

Kenny
  • 1193 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

So I guess T.Y. Hilton running a 4.37 doesnt qualify him to be even close to the fastest :clap: http://www.nfldrafts...=2012&genpos=WR  not to mention your athletic and talented contrast is laughable

Once again the question talking part were all general statements. We all know he is a very fast guy, doesn't make what I said any less accurate. And if you are going to say my statement is laughable then please add some backbone to your insult and state your own piece, otherwise it's completely moot.

#40 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 13078 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:27 PM

If I had the ability to steal a rookie receiver from a team it would have to be Josh Gordon.  Both guys are deep threats but only one of them has a 6'3", 220 pound frame.

Agreed on both counts.

LET'S HUNT

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      18 Apr
    Bogie

The Fender Stratocaster turned 60, Happy Birthday to the man's best friend. You can never go wrong with a good strat, never.

Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      16 Apr
    ColtsBTM12

I saw in the Colts mailbag that Nicks will wear number 14. That's weird. I wish they would have just given him 88. Marvin was great, but you don't have to retire everyone's number that's ever been good on your team.

Show comments (4)
View All Updates