Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A Steelers loss increases our chances. [Merge]

Dark Superman

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that is true.  The Colts only need a Jets loss.  Nowhere did I read Baltimore loss + Steeler loss + Jets loss clinches, but correct us if we're wrong, I think it does.

ravens losing wouldnt help. they already clinched a playoff spot, but not the division

ravens losing wouldnt help. they already clinched a playoff spot, but not the division

I don't know, there might be something in three way ties, were the Ravens to lose the final two.  But, with a Jets loss, every scenario I attempted has the Colts in the playoffs.

Yep we are pretty much two games up on the two teams that can knock us out of the playoffs in the Jets and Steelers with two games to play.  I'd much rather be in that spot than being one of the two trying to run us down. 

Steelers cannot finish ahead of us. The Jets are the only team we have to worry about pushing us out of a 6th seed. 

Steelers cannot finish ahead of us. The Jets are the only team we have to worry about pushing us out of a 6th seed. 

No but the Steelers can still win the AFC North which would could knock the Ravens to the wildcard and the Ravens would win a tie breaker with us.

Also if we lose out, and the Steelers win out, the Jets win out, and the Ravens win the North we miss the playoffs.  I just ran it on the NFL playoff Machine on espn.com if you don't believe me.  We would also miss the playoffs if the Bengals win out and the Jets win out and we lose out.

With the Patriots losing, if the Texans win next week, they have nothing to play for in game 16.  If we both win this week, I believe the game will be meaningless for both teams. 

yea basically. we'd would have locked the 5th seed and them the 1st seed

#1 Texans v. Bye                                         @Texans v. Pats                              @Broncos v. Pats                                                  Broncos v. 49ers

#2 Broncos v. Bye                                        @Broncos v. Colts

#3 @Pats v. #6 Bengals

#4 @Ravens v. #5Colts           

I started playing around with the playoff scenarios Here are the ways we get in.

1.  We just win one of our last two games.

2.  We lose out by the Jets lose one of their last three games.

3.  We lose out the Jets win out the ravens win out the Steelers lose one of their last two games.

There are still plenty of ways we could miss the playoffs if we lose our last two games. 

What is scary is if we get in doing one of the last two options it is very likely we will be the six which means a match up with New England in the first round right now which we want to avoid.  However a win locks us in as the five seed which means we play the AFC North Champion and I'll take that any day of the week over having to go to New England or the other alternative Denver. 

I started playing around with the playoff scenarios Here are the ways we get in.

3.  We lose out the Jets win out the ravens win out the Steelers lose one of their last two games.

There are still plenty of ways we could miss the playoffs if we lose our last two games. 

What is scary is if we get in doing one of the last two options it is very likely we will be the six which means a match up with New England in the first round right now which we want to avoid.  However a win locks us in as the five seed which means we play the AFC North Champion and I'll take that any day of the week over having to go to New England or the other alternative Denver. 

Is the bottom line this.

We beat the Chiefs we are #5?

If thats the case do whatever it takes to beat the Chiefs. Drink milk and have Pagano make speeches I don't care. BEAT THE CHIEFS. Christ, this is Brady Quinn and the Chiefs. If we can't get a win over them in KC we have issues.

if we get the 5th seed, we'd avoid the broncos and patriots until the championship game but im getting ahead of myself. first off we have to beat the chiefs and as much as it pains me i will root for the titans tomorrow.

Is the bottom line this.

If thats the case do whatever it takes to beat the Chiefs. Drink milk and have Pagano make speeches I don't care. BEAT THE CHIEFS. Christ, this is Brady Quinn and the Chiefs. If we can't get a win over them in KC we have issues.

any given sunday. arrowhead is a nasty place to play and most likely weather will be a factor

Is the bottom line this.

Yep I ran just about every scenario I could come up with and the only team that can get to 10 wins besides us is the Bengals and even if they do they will either end up winning the North leaving the Ravens with only 9 wins or end up tied with us at 10 wins and we would own the tie breaker over them. 

any given sunday. arrowhead is a nasty place to play and most likely weather will be a factor

There is no any given Sunday, Sunday!!! We must beat the Chiefs. I am gonna put it in my sig line too.

We should make signs too. Beat the Chiefs. We will overcome Brady Quinn!!!

Early reports is 40's and sunny.  Any given Sunday or not this is a game if you are going to the playoffs you HAVE to win. 

well thats a good sign. heres hoping it stays that way.

There is no any given Sunday, Sunday!!! We must beat the Chiefs. I am gonna put it in my sig line too.

We should make signs too. Beat the Chiefs. We will overcome Brady Quinn!!!

haha im with you. KICK SOME CHIEF BUTT. GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if we get the 5th seed, we'd avoid the broncos and patriots until the championship game but im getting ahead of myself. first off we have to beat the chiefs and as much as it pains me i will root for the titans tomorrow.

Maybe, if the Vikings win Sunday and we beat the Texans week 17 and the Pats and Broncos win out the Texans get knocked all the way to the three seed while the Broncos get homefield and New England gets the other bye. 

Maybe, if we beat the Texans week 17 and the Pats and Broncos win out the Texans get knocked all the way to the three seed while the Broncos get homefield and New England gets the other bye. 

do you really see them losing to the vikings at home?

Maybe, if we beat the Texans week 17 and the Pats and Broncos win out the Texans get knocked all the way to the three seed while the Broncos get homefield and New England gets the other bye. 

I know that is nuts. The Texans lose a bye if they lose to the Vikes/Colts. And these may not be easy games for the Texans either.

First thing is first though. Full steam ahead and all hands on board heading to Kansas City! I think we all knew deep down today was going to be a tough one. We hung in better then we thought too at times.

But, here we go.....heading to the Chiefs. To claim VICTORY.

No but the Steelers can still win the AFC North which would could knock the Ravens to the wildcard and the Ravens would win a tie breaker with us.

Also if we lose out, and the Steelers win out, the Jets win out, and the Ravens win the North we miss the playoffs.  I just ran it on the NFL playoff Machine on espn.com if you don't believe me.  We would also miss the playoffs if the Bengals win out and the Jets win out and we lose out.

But if the steelers win out that means the bengles finish 9-7 and we win the tie breaker with them. Here how I think it breaks down..

The Ravens have a spot. If Pitt or Cinn wins the division , Balt gets one spot. Cinn or Pitt will have another loss if balt doessnt win the division which woud mean the following. ...]

The Colts get the other wild card spot because our conference record will be better than the Other 9-7 team , which would be Pitt or Cinn. 

Now if we finish 9-7 and the Jets finish 9-7 , they have the tie breaker over us. So what I'm trying to say is the only way we don't get in is we lose the last two and Jets win the last two.

Thats a tough one. But, if we can run on them today who says Peterson can't? OoooOoooooo. And if they lost to the Vikes they have a win they need vs. us too.

Beat the Chiefs.

oh i expect peterson to go for atleast 150 and a couple tds, but will that be enough i dont think so

But if the steelers win out that means the bengles finish 9-7 and we win the tie breaker with them. Here how I think it breaks down..

The Ravens have a spot. If Pitt or Cinn wins the division , Balt gets one spot. Cinn or Pitt will have another loss if balt doessnt win the division which woud mean the following. ...]

The Colts get the other wild card spot because our conference record will be better than the Other 9-7 team , which would be Pitt or Cinn. 

Now if we finish 9-7 and the Jets finish 9-7 , they have the tie breaker over us. So what I'm trying to say is the only way we don't get in is we lose the last two and Jets win the last two.

I just ran the scenario.  The problem is if the Steelers win out and the Giants and Bengals beat the Ravens there ends up a three way tie in the AFC North at 9-7 which the Steelers win.  The Ravens take the five seed while the Bengals the six seed leaving us out in the cold if we lose out even with a Jets loss. 

Do I see it?  No but I didn't see us beating the Texans at home last year either.  Stranger things have happened.

division games theres familiarity so weird things tend to happen. being the better team in a division game means nothing. heck the jags beat us. could the vikings surprise them maybe. will they i doubt it

division games theres familiarity so weird things tend to happen. being the better team in a division game means nothing. heck the jags beat us. could the vikings surprise them maybe. will they i doubt it

yes but if a one win team could knock off the Texans last year I am not going to be blown away if a team fighting for it's playoff lives finds away to win over the Texans next week.  Again do I expect it?  No.  But I don't think it's impossible. 

Maybe, if the Vikings win Sunday and we beat the Texans week 17 and the Pats and Broncos win out the Texans get knocked all the way to the three seed while the Broncos get homefield and New England gets the other bye. 

Why not?  Anything can happen.  The Vikings could slug one out with the Texans.  Plus, it's Matt Schaub we're talking about, not Tom Brady. 

That said, if the Colts are locked into the 5th seed, would they kill themselves to win the finale?

yes but if a one win team could knock off the Texans last year I am not going to be blown away if a team fighting for it's playoff lives finds away to win over the Texans next week.  Again do I expect it?  No.  But I don't think it's impossible. 

course its not impossible. any given sunday, but im not putting money on it happening.