Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Giants.......

Jules

I'll always say that if it weren't for a division being ran by Jerry Jones, Dan Synder and Andy Ried, they would not win anything.

Eli looks good in a few games and they are ready to crown him a Hall of Famer, then he throws 3 or 4 INTs in the next game. Look at his 2010 season and then this season. Not much of a difference except in one he was the leading player in turnovers.

Coughlin is a joke too but the bigger joke is their offensive coordinator. Kevin Gilbride single handedly destroyed the most prolific passing offense in the NFL back in the early 90's when he took control of the Oilers. It just sickens me that he is considered a success with 2 rings now because he was awful with the Oilers. You can blame that Buffalo playoff game 100% on his play calling. Jerry Glanville would have made them run the ball with that big of a lead.

I think Buddy Ryan agrees with you. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPK3cDl7Ftw

haha Bud Adams made a big mistake firing Glanville after that playoff loss to the Steelers. We could have avoided that all together if he just kept Jerry. I miss my old Oilers. The Titans deserve to fail and continue to fail for trashing the old team.

I always liked Jerry Glanville...

I actually hope the Eagles win Sunday, really.

They often give the Giants issues and they often struggle vs. Vick too who is back on Sunday.

Then again if the Giants do indeed miss the playoffs I don't find it shocking. This team won 9 games last regular season and caught lightening in the playoffs again. 9 games!!! This years Colts even have more then 9 wins.

I still sometimes cannot believe a 9-7 team actually won it all.

With our luck though watch them get in.....but I kinda hope not. I don't feel they really deserve it this season. These recent performances too vs. the Ravens/Falcons were simply dreadful.

Very good post. I've always held off on being too critical of the Giants as I don't want to appear to be a bitter Patriots fan (though I suppose I am just that... I'll always feel like NY "stole" two SBs from them, especially the first one... helmet catch and all that jazz, etc).

But really, what the heck? They are a schizophrenic group. Eli looked anything but elite this year and for reasons known only to Tom Coughlin and a higher power, their defense just goes to sleep for stretches of games or entire weeks.

I'd always be wary of them IF they get into the postseason, because they've shown twice now that they can get hot at the right time and do lots of damage. But the years in between this must be maddening for Giants fans.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I never want to sound like I'm just sour grapes or bitter, but I've always been baffled by the Giants because they just look so bad at times. Barring two magical 4 game win streaks in 2007 and 2011, this team has been average at best and I cant figure out how they have been able to just turn it on and look like a completely different team in the post season those years. I guess given the choice I'd rather have two titles sandwiched between average seasons than be a perennial powerhouse with nothing to show at the end...but Giants fans must be besides themselves knowing the potential that this team has and being forced to watch them squander opportunities while their window is still wide open.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I never want to sound like I'm just sour grapes or bitter, but I've always been baffled by the Giants because they just look so bad at times. Barring two magical 4 game win streaks in 2007 and 2011, this team has been average at best and I cant figure out how they have been able to just turn it on and look like a completely different team in the post season those years. I guess given the choice I'd rather have two titles sandwiched between average seasons than be a perennial powerhouse with nothing to show at the end...but Giants fans must be besides themselves knowing the potential that this team has and being forced to watch them squander opportunities while their window is still wide open.

I hear ya, part of me wants to see them run off a couple straight just so we can say, "Well, at least it was the Giants!" LOL...

I'm going to tell you what I have told people for years now. The Giants are the luckiest team to ever win a Super Bowl.

Not just the recent ones, go back to that one against Buffalo. Norwood makes that kick, and that's it, game over. Buffalo should have won that game, no telling how many Hall of Famers would be in the Hall today besides Kelly and Thurman Thomas if Norwood makes that kick. I am sick of the excuses too "That is a hard kick to make" Norwood had made a 50 yard kick before. No one remembers him for that though, so there really was no excuse for him to miss that.

With that said, I would bet that 1990 Giants team would beat down both the 2011 and 2007 ones. If Samuel didn't drop that interception, the Pats would have won it in 2007. The circus catch was bad too but he had that pick. 2011 could have been prevented if the Saints had a defense against the 49ers. There is no way anyone would make me believe the Giants would have beat us last year in the Superdome for the NFC Championship. No way, we were 9-0 in the dome, including a playoff beat down, and when we played the Giants in the season that year, they couldn't get to Brees. We would have lit them to pieces.