Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Giants.......

Jules

Maybe we were too harsh on Atlanta with the losses to the Saints/Panthers? It's not like those two teams are void of talent either. Brees and Cam will still scare anyone even if their records are not there this year.

When we won the SB in 2006 we lost to all our division rivals on the road nearing the end of the year.....

As for the Giants I get so sick of this junk. One week they are a SB contender, the next week they look like the Raiders. Seriously, get some freaking consistency.

I give up on the Giants.

I normally tell people that they are overrated and Coughlin is a joke because he normally starts the year off something like 2009, they were 5-0, then after the Saints loss, they finished 3-8, and went 8-8. Last year too, start out strong, then loose a ton of games. But you know, this season I gave them the benefit of the doubt. I said I was going to give them a chance, even though they had no business whatsoever at 9-7 winning a Super Bowl. Obviously I was really wrong. They will never end this strong start and then going cold in the 2nd term of the season.

I hope Dallas wins the East to keep the Giants out of the playoffs, at this point I'd rather deal with Washington as a wild card than them, and I am dead serious about that. This just blows my mind.

The jury is still out on Atlanta until they win a playoff game. I don't care if they beat the Giants or not, remember in 2010 they beat the Packers, and still got blown out very bad in the first round of the playoffs. Sorry but I am not sold on them. The Giants beat up a Saints team last week that is lost and confused, then they can't even score a point against the Falcons. Remember, this was Atlanta's toughest game left on their cup cake schedule, before you call them a Super Bowl team. I want to see them play the 49ers. I want to see them play some real defenses.

The 49ers are smiling about this, cause now they don't have to worry about these guys. I'm tellin' ya, the team that knocks out Atlanta will reach the Super Bowl (2010 Packers, 2011 Giants) and I am looking right at you Jim Harbaugh, go beat the living day lights out of them for me when it's playoff time!

The Giants AND Jets are the New York Cockroaches. They just don't die, some how they are still alive every year. The Giants squeezed in 9-7 by the grace of God, they also were close to not reaching it back in 2007. The Jets some how survived the apocalypse in 2009, and some how they are still alive today.

The Giants AND Jets are the New York Cockroaches. They just don't die, some how they are still alive every year. The Giants squeezed in 9-7 by the grace of God, they also were close to not reaching it back in 2007. The Jets some how survived the apocalypse in 2009, and some how they are still alive today.

The Giants Cockroach beat the red hot Pats twice in SB, I would take this "overrated" team any day over any other NFL teams. Actually another successful franchise is almost the same: Steelers have some bad years as well.

Sometimes it is a healthy stretch to have a bad year here or there. Players should know how to deal with failures or they will stress out. Not to mention a better draft position to get some talents.

The Giants Cockroach beat the red hot Pats twice in SB, I would take this "overrated" team any day over any other NFL teams. Actually another successful franchise is almost the same: Steelers have some bad years as well.

Sometimes it is a healthy stretch to have a bad year here or there. Players should know how to deal with failures or they will stress out. Not to mention a better draft position to get some talents.

I would rather put my money on Harbaugh or the Packers before the Giants, cause they often start out hot, and then they do their usual medicore streak and prove to the world that they are not that good. Start out something like 5-0, watch them finish 9-7 or 8-8.

I would rather put my money on Harbaugh or the Packers before the Giants, cause they often start out hot, and then they do their usual medicore streak and prove to the world that they are not that good. Start out something like 5-0, watch them finish 9-7 or 8-8.

if for this sports the most important thing is the SB then none of these teams have done it better than the Giants.

That too....I like the Giants personally primarily because of my hatred of the Pats...they'll be fine though.

Sometimes I really don't think occasionally missing the playoff is that bad, as far as they can find some good talent from the next yrs draft. Colts making the playoff for consecutive yrs only had their talents depleted by 2011.

Sometimes I really don't think occasionally missing the playoff is that bad, as far as they can find some good talent from the next yrs draft. Colts making the playoff for consecutive yrs only had their talents depleted by 2011.

I dont know if not making the playoffs is the answer to replenishing talent...I think its being smart with Free Agency and brokering for more draft pics like a New England

I dont know if not making the playoffs is the answer to replenishing talent...I think its being smart with Free Agency and brokering for more draft pics like a New England

In recent years NE just hasn't done much in FA as well (Chad Johnson, Big Albert, a not-so-successful Brondon Loyld) and only last yr they started to use their drafts smartly on some LBs. BB is no football God people try to portray him as.

In recent years NE just hasn't done much in FA as well (Chad Johnson, Big Albert, a not-so-successful Brondon Loyld) and only last yr they started to use their drafts smartly on some LBs. BB is no football God people try to portray him as.

We'll have to agree to disagree...they made great moves in my opinion picking up Talib, Dennard with the 7th round they got Gronk and Hernandez in the same draft they've kept most of their talent without paying them more....that's pretty impressive

We'll have to agree to disagree...they made great moves in my opinion picking up Talib, Dennard with the 7th round they got Gronk and Hernandez in the same draft they've kept most of their talent without paying them more....that's pretty impressive

Agree with you on finding the two TEs, but Talib looks good only because the secondary around him has been well below NFL avg. They have tried to solve this for 3 yrs and not much improvment so far.

Read this on a Ravens forum haha:

*Ring*

"Hello?"

"Peyton?"

"What's up little bro?"

"So, what pointers do you have on carving up the Ravens?"

"29"

"Cary Williams, the burn unit that turned down 15 million?"

"Yeah, he's the one. Throw at him all day."

"Cool, thank's big bro."

"No problem little bro. And keep an eye on 20, he's a shadow of his former self, you'll catch him guessing wrong."

"Got it, later."

Are they overrated or was Atlanta underrated?

What the heck was THAT today?

sure didnt act like Giants, quite an up and down team as is Eli, he is no where as consistent as his older brother, Probably needs Cooper Manning on his team as WR to keep his mind on the game and play pitch & Catch with older brother, then may stay in comfort zone

the good thing about bad years is restock with better draft picks, that was Peyton / Colt problems every year picking late doesnt help much , g for every late pick like Wayne there are more late busts

I give up on the Giants.

I normally tell people that they are overrated and Coughlin is a joke because he normally starts the year off something like 2009, they were 5-0, then after the Saints loss, they finished 3-8, and went 8-8. Last year too, start out strong, then loose a ton of games. But you know, this season I gave them the benefit of the doubt. I said I was going to give them a chance, even though they had no business whatsoever at 9-7 winning a Super Bowl. Obviously I was really wrong. They will never end this strong start and then going cold in the 2nd term of the season.

I hope Dallas wins the East to keep the Giants out of the playoffs, at this point I'd rather deal with Washington as a wild card than them, and I am dead serious about that. This just blows my mind.

The jury is still out on Atlanta until they win a playoff game. I don't care if they beat the Giants or not, remember in 2010 they beat the Packers, and still got blown out very bad in the first round of the playoffs. Sorry but I am not sold on them. The Giants beat up a Saints team last week that is lost and confused, then they can't even score a point against the Falcons. Remember, this was Atlanta's toughest game left on their cup cake schedule, before you call them a Super Bowl team. I want to see them play the 49ers. I want to see them play some real defenses.

The 49ers are smiling about this, cause now they don't have to worry about these guys. I'm tellin' ya, the team that knocks out Atlanta will reach the Super Bowl (2010 Packers, 2011 Giants) and I am looking right at you Jim Harbaugh, go beat the living day lights out of them for me when it's playoff time!

Very good post. I've always held off on being too critical of the Giants as I don't want to appear to be a bitter Patriots fan (though I suppose I am just that... I'll always feel like NY "stole" two SBs from them, especially the first one... helmet catch and all that jazz, etc).

But really, what the heck? They are a schizophrenic group. Eli looked anything but elite this year and for reasons known only to Tom Coughlin and a higher power, their defense just goes to sleep for stretches of games or entire weeks.

I'd always be wary of them IF they get into the postseason, because they've shown twice now that they can get hot at the right time and do lots of damage. But the years in between this must be maddening for Giants fans.

Very good post. I've always held off on being too critical of the Giants as I don't want to appear to be a bitter Patriots fan (though I suppose I am just that... I'll always feel like NY "stole" two SBs from them, especially the first one... helmet catch and all that jazz, etc).

But really, what the heck? They are a schizophrenic group. Eli looked anything but elite this year and for reasons known only to Tom Coughlin and a higher power, their defense just goes to sleep for stretches of games or entire weeks.

I'd always be wary of them IF they get into the postseason, because they've shown twice now that they can get hot at the right time and do lots of damage. But the years in between this must be maddening for Giants fans.

I'll always say that if it weren't for a division being ran by Jerry Jones, Dan Synder and Andy Ried, they would not win anything.

Eli looks good in a few games and they are ready to crown him a Hall of Famer, then he throws 3 or 4 INTs in the next game. Look at his 2010 season and then this season. Not much of a difference except in one he was the leading player in turnovers.

Coughlin is a joke too but the bigger joke is their offensive coordinator. Kevin Gilbride single handedly destroyed the most prolific passing offense in the NFL back in the early 90's when he took control of the Oilers. It just sickens me that he is considered a success with 2 rings now because he was awful with the Oilers. You can blame that Buffalo playoff game 100% on his play calling. Jerry Glanville would have made them run the ball with that big of a lead.