Photo

Texans think they own this division

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 BProland85

BProland85
  • 1372 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

We'll be back on top by next year or at the latest the year after. We just simply need an OL which we should be able to fix through free agency.

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 Jules

Jules
  • 7569 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

Well last year the division sucked and this year we are still supposedly rebuilding.

Yeah we can win it next year again.

I honestly cannot even stomach them anymore at times. Unless they beat Manning or Brady or heck both in the playoffs I will laugh at them. It is supposed to be SB or bust.

#3 RGIII

RGIII
  • 1115 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

But... they do own the division this year.  I mean, that's pretty much fact.

Let them have their fun.  They have a smaller window than you guys do with their star players.

#4 21isSuperman

21isSuperman
  • Community Moderator
  • 15188 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

They do own the division, as of now.  They won it last year and have won it this year.  But like RG3 said, they don't have a huge window.  Andre and Schaub aren't getting any younger and with free agency, pieces of their O-line could be moving to other places, like Eric Winston did this year.  And their defense has shown that it can be beat and that Watt can be kept in check.  As of now, we simply don't have the talent to keep up with them.  We do have the team to be able to beat them, but they have a deeper and more complete roster.  That doesn't mean that their reign will last very long though.

I think today was their third win of the season against a team with a winning record.  But they have earned the division crown, so kudos to them for that.

When Bob Sanders executes a push up, he does not push himself up. He pushes the world down.
When Bob Sanders was 12, a cobra bit him in the leg. After 4 days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
Tom Brady can throw a football pretty far. Bob Sanders can throw Tom Brady even farther.
Please make sure to read the Forum Rules before posting or PM a mod if you have any questions

#5 Jules

Jules
  • 7569 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

Let them have their fun.  They have a smaller window than you guys do with their star players.

True. You are almost making me feel guilty at times today. I mean they are kinda cute....Wade with his Christmasy snowman looking appeal and every time Watt smiles and celebrates with glee.

I guess they can have their fun until some point in January and I am fine with this.

See how nice I am?

#6 Warhorse

Warhorse
  • 3732 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

They do own it.

"Anyone a die harder fan? I will be there believing to the end. Who is with me?" Thread started by Steveeoaktree33 at 2:49 PM of the day the Colts executed the second largest comeback in NFL playoff history. Very few concurred.

#7 Coltsman1788

Coltsman1788
  • 2282 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

They are the kings of the south...for now.  But weary is the head that wears the crown.  The Colts are like Cassius...they have that lean and hungry look.  :D

The Colts...Imprinting horse shoes on kicked butts since 1953.
Colts.com posts: 1,115

#8 jjcolts

jjcolts
  • 564 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

I can't stand the Texans. They can have the division for now, it will be ours again soon.

#9 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

Texans won it fair & square.

And it doesn't look like it is going to be anyone but the Colts & Texans next year.

It could turn out to be quite the rivalry in the next couple years.

“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#10 vinatierifan4

vinatierifan4
  • 445 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

The Texans could very well have it next year. But the colts are like rock and roll, they will never die.

#11 jskinnz

jskinnz
  • 2838 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

We'll be back on top by next year or at the latest the year after. We just simply need an OL which we should be able to fix through free agency.

Dear God...

#12 T Y Goodbye

T Y Goodbye

Formerly known as CF4L

• 1971 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:47 PM

Next year is the year of the Jaguars...worst to first..and Blaine Gabbert is the MVP...j/k

Texans won it fair and square...so they deserve some praise...but...as in all things..what goes up, must come down...maybe next year is our year again to begin another long run of AFC South Championships...

Marcus Mariota....Heisman Watch (Oregon 6-1) QBR 191.0

Week 7 vs  Washington passing: 24-33, 336 yards, 2TD's, 7 carries, -1 net yards. 0 TD's (sacked 3 times)

2014 stats after 7 games 132-188 (70.20%) 1,957 yards, 19TD's, 0 INT,  YPC 10.4, 56 rushes, 289 net yards. (18 sacks for -97 yards) 5TD's 1 rec. 26yrds 1TD

#13 doc109

doc109
  • Rookie
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:50 PM

No Texans own this division. Beat us than we will see but for now 2 consecutive division titles. No I do it want you to be impressed just saying.

#14 buccolts

buccolts
  • 2154 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

I can't stand the Texans. They can have the division for now, it will be ours again soon.

This one's my favorite.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely *ic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

#15 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13675 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:46 AM

They do for now they have won it the past two years and are 5-0 vs. the South this year and are combined 9-2 vs. it the past two years and one of those two loses came in a game where they rested their starters. 

Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#16 QwizBoy

QwizBoy
  • 7945 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:36 AM

Texans won it fair & square.

And it doesn't look like it is going to be anyone but the Colts & Texans next year.

It could turn out to be quite the rivalry in the next couple years.

Agreed. I can't wait to see this rivalry blossom! It could turn into one of the best in the NFL, but it seems my side needs some major make-up games to gain ground haha.

Houston Texans, 2011, 2012, 2014 AFC South Champions

#17 houstonwhodat

houstonwhodat
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:27 AM

This one's my favorite.

Texans are a joke.

No creativity. Their quarterback is a statue.

Andre Johnson only has a year or two left.

Shut down Foster and Johnson and they have nothing.

#18 HungarianColtsFan

HungarianColtsFan
  • 2764 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:44 AM

They do own the division.

Whithout a decent O-line and with a bunch of rookies and new players, 9-5 and chance for a PO spot is a very solid performance.

Our shortcomings are capitalized, and that will help to improve the roster.

COLTSTRONG

#19 jskinnz

jskinnz
  • 2838 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

Texans are a joke.

JJ Watt says hello.

#20 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 8415 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:25 AM

Texans are a joke.

You may not like this, but in NFL circles, from top to bottom,  that is considered a very, very good roster.   

Easily top-8, and that's the top quarter of the entire league.

#21 Horseshoe

Horseshoe
  • 86 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:28 AM

People need to understand the difference between owning a division and winning a division. Look at the AFC East to see an example of "Owning" the division. The AFC South has been owned by us for practically a decade, lets wait a few more years before we say Houston owns this division.

#22 Malakai432

Malakai432
  • 6793 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:41 AM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Jules" data-cid="362262" data-time="1355698327"><p>
True. You are almost making me feel guilty at times today. I mean they are kinda cute....Wade with his Christmasy snowman looking appeal and every time Watt smiles and celebrates with glee.<br />
<br />
I guess they can have their fun until some point in January and I am fine with this.<br />
<br />
<br />
See how nice I am?</p></blockquote>

Yes!!! Wade Phillips is a snowman!!! I always knew something was a little off about him.

Vontae Davis is what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object, then they have a kid! 

Dancing Monkey BAM!  :monkeydance: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Bandit strikes again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#23 buccolts

buccolts
  • 2154 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:35 AM

Texans are a joke.

Sorry, I forgot to indicate sarcasm on, and off again.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely *ic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

#24 buccolts

buccolts
  • 2154 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:44 AM

People need to understand the difference between owning a division and winning a division. Look at the AFC East to see an example of "Owning" the division. The AFC South has been owned by us for practically a decade, lets wait a few more years before we say Houston owns this division.

I googled 'owning a division' and couldn't find a definitive indication on what that means, so this must be an individual interpretation issue.

How should we define it?

Two in a row is a good start. The Jags & Titans don't seem to be a threat, at this time.

There's enough promise there to believe the Colts will disrupt it, but it has to happen first.

#25 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 4812 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

I don't dislike the Texans near as much as I dislike the Pats.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      21 Oct
    Bogie

Golden Dawn comes tonight, Ministry marathan before Halloween

Show comments (6)
View All Updates