Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blue Shoe Savior 12

Vick Ballard is a future star.

Dan    764

Everyone was rating him very highly before this week (and he deserves it) but he's gone above and beyond. The guy is such a talent. Just think, if he didn't trip during his combine 40, he may have gone before where we got him. To run like he's doing behind this o-line is very impressive. 

BOTT    9,512
Pass protection isn't so hot tho.

yeah, he def needs to learn to cut a rushing LB.

BOTT    9,512

one of these days arians might even design a screen for him....at least more than once every 4 games.

Gavin    7,030
Where was this thread the first 14 weeks of the season?

waiting for Ballard to show it

Smonroe    7,582

Not to scratch at old wounds, but he's a prime example of why you don't waste a #1 draft pick on a running back unless he's the second coming of Jim Brown. There are plenty capable RBs in the later rounds.

Sorry. I keep seeing Nicks in a Colts uni...

Gavin    7,030
So can we rest on the fact it was Brown and not the line?

depends on how ya look at it, Browns injured, whos to say Ballard would have these kinds of yards the last two weeks if he had to share the load. whos to say Brown would not have these kinds of yards? He was averaging 3.9, which is not great but not bad. Before this game Ballard was averaging 3.8ypc.. They both make a good 1-2 punch and both can carry the load if ya ask me. Personally I start Brown, Ballard has played good but I get nervous he is gonna fumble every time he touches the ball. There has been no reason to get that with Brown

depends on how ya look at it, Browns injured, whos to say Ballard would have these kinds of yards the last two weeks if he had to share the load. whos to say Brown would not have these kinds of yards? He was averaging 3.9, which is not great but not bad. Before this game Ballard was averaging 3.8ypc.. They both make a good 1-2 punch and both can carry the load if ya ask me. Personally I start Brown, Ballard has played good but I get nervous he is gonna fumble every time he touches the ball. There has been no reason to get that with Brown
Brown has done nothing this year. And Ballard has fumbled twice, in his rookie year. And only lost one. Get over your fear of that, and you'll see why Ballard is the better back.

BOTT    9,512

first you would move mcglynn to tackle and you would still start brown over ballard. gavin, sometimes i think you are off your rocker.

Coltsman1788    2,016

Ballard was very impressive running the ball today.  Still when the Colts were locked down near their goal line in the 4th and needed to run the ball the most, he was stuffed easily and they went 3 and out...predictably.   But that is more indicting of our Oline than Ballard in my opinion.

Gavin    7,030

eh you guys are right I quit lets stick with Linkenbach at RT he is a much better fit because he has played so much better 

as for Ballard hey I like him but he wasn't playing better then Brown pre injury and the stats showed it. Now that we have a decent blocker at Center in Shipley and with Ballard getting most of the carries what did ya expect? Brown is a very capable running behind Shipley. I like the guy that has not fumbled since his rookie year

BleedingBlue    221

There is no comparison.

Brown was a vet and Ballard was a rookie...

I've been touting Ballard since the season started.

We almost have a running game and a team.

krunk    7,932

I like Ballard and he did well today. My only gripe is he just has absolutely no speed.  If he had any type of speed he would have scored a minimum of two times today.  I don't think he's someone you keep as a permanent starter without having a speed back in tandem with him.  Great game today though I must admit.

BOTT    9,512
eh you guys are right I quit lets stick with Linkenbach at RT he is a much better fit because he has played so much better 

as for Ballard hey I like him but he wasn't playing better then Brown pre injury and the stats showed it. Now that we have a decent blocker at Center in Shipley and with Ballard getting most of the carries what did ya expect? Brown is a very capable running behind Shipley. I like the guy that has not fumbled since his rookie year

saying link sucks doesn't make your idea of moving mcglynn to tackle less absurd. he whiffs on quick defensive tackles, what do you think big time edge rushers would do to him?

Brown started hot, then totally cooled down. No factor whatsoever.

Ballard started slow (actually 2.0 ypc in his first 4 games) and then caught fire. Huge factore in our run game.

Get over Brown. You're just really bias and against Ballard for some reason.

Also, why do you keep bringing that fumble thing up? He's only fumbled twice. Not bad at all. Thats you're biggest argument really.

krunk    7,932

Ballard might even be slower than Emmit Smith.  God I wish I could just add a little speed to the kid, then we'd really have something special. Again, great performance today but I still think we need someone with speed to go along with this guy.

hawkeyes    315

He has been playing very well indeed!    Wish he would have been in there instead of Moore!   If we score a TD there the outcome of the game is different!