Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vick Ballard is a future star.

Dark Superman

Everyone was rating him very highly before this week (and he deserves it) but he's gone above and beyond. The guy is such a talent. Just think, if he didn't trip during his combine 40, he may have gone before where we got him. To run like he's doing behind this o-line is very impressive. 

So can we rest on the fact it was Brown and not the line?

depends on how ya look at it, Browns injured, whos to say Ballard would have these kinds of yards the last two weeks if he had to share the load. whos to say Brown would not have these kinds of yards? He was averaging 3.9, which is not great but not bad. Before this game Ballard was averaging 3.8ypc.. They both make a good 1-2 punch and both can carry the load if ya ask me. Personally I start Brown, Ballard has played good but I get nervous he is gonna fumble every time he touches the ball. There has been no reason to get that with Brown

depends on how ya look at it, Browns injured, whos to say Ballard would have these kinds of yards the last two weeks if he had to share the load. whos to say Brown would not have these kinds of yards? He was averaging 3.9, which is not great but not bad. Before this game Ballard was averaging 3.8ypc.. They both make a good 1-2 punch and both can carry the load if ya ask me. Personally I start Brown, Ballard has played good but I get nervous he is gonna fumble every time he touches the ball. There has been no reason to get that with Brown
Brown has done nothing this year. And Ballard has fumbled twice, in his rookie year. And only lost one. Get over your fear of that, and you'll see why Ballard is the better back.

first you would move mcglynn to tackle and you would still start brown over ballard. gavin, sometimes i think you are off your rocker.

Ballard was very impressive running the ball today.  Still when the Colts were locked down near their goal line in the 4th and needed to run the ball the most, he was stuffed easily and they went 3 and out...predictably.   But that is more indicting of our Oline than Ballard in my opinion.

eh you guys are right I quit lets stick with Linkenbach at RT he is a much better fit because he has played so much better 

as for Ballard hey I like him but he wasn't playing better then Brown pre injury and the stats showed it. Now that we have a decent blocker at Center in Shipley and with Ballard getting most of the carries what did ya expect? Brown is a very capable running behind Shipley. I like the guy that has not fumbled since his rookie year

I like Ballard and he did well today. My only gripe is he just has absolutely no speed.  If he had any type of speed he would have scored a minimum of two times today.  I don't think he's someone you keep as a permanent starter without having a speed back in tandem with him.  Great game today though I must admit.

eh you guys are right I quit lets stick with Linkenbach at RT he is a much better fit because he has played so much better 

as for Ballard hey I like him but he wasn't playing better then Brown pre injury and the stats showed it. Now that we have a decent blocker at Center in Shipley and with Ballard getting most of the carries what did ya expect? Brown is a very capable running behind Shipley. I like the guy that has not fumbled since his rookie year

saying link sucks doesn't make your idea of moving mcglynn to tackle less absurd. he whiffs on quick defensive tackles, what do you think big time edge rushers would do to him?

Brown started hot, then totally cooled down. No factor whatsoever.

Ballard started slow (actually 2.0 ypc in his first 4 games) and then caught fire. Huge factore in our run game.

Get over Brown. You're just really bias and against Ballard for some reason.

Also, why do you keep bringing that fumble thing up? He's only fumbled twice. Not bad at all. Thats you're biggest argument really.

Ballard might even be slower than Emmit Smith.  God I wish I could just add a little speed to the kid, then we'd really have something special. Again, great performance today but I still think we need someone with speed to go along with this guy.