Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

? for discussion, who thinks 49.r QB Kaepernick is ready for prime time Vs Pats

bayone

Most definitely not. I still am of the belief that for right now, Alex Smith is the best option for the Niners to win. He's been in big games, he was playing very well before he got the concussion. I would have made it an open competition next year with CK, with him getting maybe 5-8 snaps a game, or in at garbage time this year. He is explosive, but going against Belichek is difficult, even with a Peyton Manning at QB.

Niners are going down, and hard today..Being a Colt fan, its hard for me to say that. I just don't see the kid doing well against a team like NE.

I haven't had an opportunity to watch the new guy, but common sense suggests he isn't quite ready. However Smith would be a backup on any other playoff candidate in the league. At least Kaepernick gives the Pats something to think about, and the only way to get better is to play. The Niners are going to the playoffs regardless, and they still have that defense and running game. Harbaugh may be gambling a bit, but this move may well make the team far more dangerous in the playoffs than they would be otherwise. The occasional rookie mistake may be well worth it.

It's tough to say. But, he has a heckuva team around him to help out though....

One of the reasons I favor NE is the odds too vs. the NFC. I don't recall the Pats struggling too much vs. the NFC in most seasons. (Giants seem to be an exception). If they lost to the 49ers that would bring them to 1-3 vs. the NFC this year which seems suprising. Still don't know how this team lost to Arizona early in the year but then again if you want to beat NE it often seems like the best time to get them is September/October. Losing in Seattle you can give a pass to more.

i thought harbaugh was nuts to send into a hostile new orleans crowd in his first start and i was wrong

i don't know what to expect

I've often thought he's a bit nuts myself, but that might be the secret to his success. I'm sure he's seeing something in practice that leads him to believe it's time. And he's surely seen enough of Smith to know what he has there. Not likely to get any better, that's for sure.

It's tough to say. But, he has a heckuva team around him to help out though....

One of the reasons I favor NE is the odds too vs. the NFC. I don't recall the Pats struggling too much vs. the NFC in most seasons. (Giants seem to be an exception). If they lost to the 49ers that would bring them to 1-3 vs. the NFC this year which seems suprising. Still don't know how this team lost to Arizona early in the year but then again if you want to beat NE it often seems like the best time to get them is September/October. Losing in Seattle you can give a pass to more.

yes he had a team around hi but can he score, Still think Smith was just poised and could of taken this team better downfield

Also just donrt like way smith lost job

I expect Kaep to play well regardless of the outcome of this game.  The Patriots defense is opportunistic but it is not great and Kaep has done a good job of managing games (which is about all Alex Smith has ever done).  I don't think the 49ers have any QB who can carry the team if Brady & Co. can turn this into a shootout but doing that against the 9ers D while also stifling Frank Gore is no easy task.

Most definitely not. I still am of the belief that for right now, Alex Smith is the best option for the Niners to win. He's been in big games, he was playing very well before he got the concussion. I would have made it an open competition next year with CK, with him getting maybe 5-8 snaps a game, or in at garbage time this year. He is explosive, but going against Belichek is difficult, even with a Peyton Manning at QB.

Niners are going down, and hard today..Being a Colt fan, its hard for me to say that. I just don't see the kid doing well against a team like NE.

Yeah, that would have been a wise thing to do, but the Niners are fully committed to CK at this point, I think. And the biggest reason might be that they would have to pay large bonus to Alex at the end of the season. I cannot remember the exact figure but maybe 7-8 million. If they think CK is the answer, they would not want to give Alex that money to be their no. 2. And it would be really hard to ditch Alex after they win super bowl with him.

Jesus Holy Mother of God.

I honestly cannot remember the last time a team went to Foxboro and laid the hammer on the Pats like this. Wow......

Kaep for President. And Harbaugh keeps proving why he was my teenage crush. (along with Favre at times but thats a whole different discussion not worth getting into-I have a thing for Packers QBs).

I honestly cannot remember the last time a team went to Foxboro and laid the hammer on the Pats like this. Wow......

Kaep for President. And Harbaugh keeps proving why he was my teenage crush. (along with Favre at times but thats a whole different discussion not worth getting into-I have a thing for Packers QBs).

You and Favre were't texting were you? LOL!! ;)

It was the Ravens who whipped the Pats in that playoff game 33-14 or 33-17, something like that in 2009.

Peyton did in 2005 41-20. Brees whipped them in 2005 too, I think, 41-17.

Man, the game was tied at 31-31 with me not watching a single second of it. I was busy taking care of my daughter and putting her to sleep but once I knew the score was 31-31, I knew I had to watch hoping it would change the tide (you know I am a bit superstitious). Good thing I watched the Patriots lose, loved every second that happened after 31-31 :), LOL.

Hats off to Kaepernick!!! I have not seen a first year starter do this to the Pats in Foxboro, at least not recently when they have become second half of the season juggernauts. Broncos fans are probably rejoicing. :)

You and Favre were't texting were you? LOL!! ;)

And I have been trying to keep it a secret all these years! *sigh*

It was the Ravens who whipped the Pats in that playoff game 33-14 or 33-17, something like that in 2009.

Peyton did in 2005 41-20. Brees whipped them in 2005 too, I think, 41-17.

Man, the game was tied at 31-31 with me not watching a single second of it. I was busy taking care of my daughter and putting her to sleep but once I knew the score was 31-31, I knew I had to watch hoping it would change the tide (you know I am a bit superstitious). Good thing I watched the Patriots lose, loved every second that happened after 31-31 :), LOL.

Hats off to Kaepernick!!! I have not seen a first year starter do this to the Pats in Foxboro, at least not recently when they have become second half of the season juggernauts. Broncos fans are probably rejoicing. :)

This game was exhausting! Honestly, I was suprised NE came back like they did and tied it. That drive after they tied it by the Niners for two plays then the TD.....that was the game. NE was high on euphoria and then the wind was taken out of their sails.

Still quite a game. It was like Chargers/Broncos.

No.

No.

A thousand times NO.

The 49'ers D has potential to keep the game interesting, at least. That's still easier said than done against everything New England's O can throw at them.

Fumbled the handoff something like six times. That looked worse than Grossman when we played him in the Super Bowl.

Imagine if San Fran had a legit QB? They'd be crazy good.

Kaep had a nice run or two. He also had plenty of god awful over/under throws, an end zone INT, and the lack of ability to take a snap under center numerous times.

San Fran's D won that game in spite of the high score. The game was close because the coaches were STUPID and changed what worked by letting off the gas while up by 28. You NEVER let up on an NFL team with an offense like that. YOU STEP ON THEIR THROAT - not RUSH THREE and suddenly give Brady all day to throw. That's SUICIDE.

Fumbled the handoff something like six times. That looked worse than Grossman when we played him in the Super Bowl.

Imagine if San Fran had a legit QB? They'd be crazy good.

Kaep had a nice run or two. He also had plenty of god awful over/under throws, an end zone INT, and the lack of ability to take a snap under center numerous times.

San Fran's D won that game in spite of the high score. The game was close because the coaches were STUPID and changed what worked by letting off the gas while up by 28. You NEVER let up on an NFL team with an offense like that. YOU STEP ON THEIR THROAT - not RUSH THREE and suddenly give Brady all day to throw. That's SUICIDE.

agree , out of likes, i hate the prevent d, to me its the prevent my team from winning unless we can hang in their somehow

I'm happy to see all the change of heart....Kaepernick is the truth....he was the truth in college, he was the truth at his combine....

The only truth is San Fran's D.

Kaep attempted to Sanchez away the game numerous times with horribly thrown passes that should have been INT's. Let alone his inability to take a snap under center. I also loved the -20 yard sack or whatever it was.

Pats coming back, time to run out the clock!

3 and out.

3 and out.

3 and out.

3 and out.

I'm just happy San Fran got a great return after the Pats tied it up. Followed by the D figuring out that, once again, it MIGHT be a good idea to put a pass rush on Brady.

The only truth is San Fran's D.

Kaep attempted to Sanchez away the game numerous times with horribly thrown passes that should have been INT's. Let alone his inability to take a snap under center. I also loved the -20 yard sack or whatever it was.

Pats coming back, time to run out the clock!

3 and out.

3 and out.

3 and out.

3 and out.

I'm just happy San Fran got a great return after the Pats tied it up. Followed by the D figuring out that, once again, it MIGHT be a good idea to put a pass rush on Brady.

I watched the game like everyone else....he had a great overall performance, he threw four TD passes and yeah he had issues with a cold slick ball......but Im going to focus on what he did to help win the game....