Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Locked For OROTY?

II COLD

Oh, ok. I thought you meant 3 or 4 other rookie QB's that were better than Luck.

Thus far Luck is having the third best rookie year at QB, he is behind Wilson and RG3!    I do not think either are better or will end up better than Luck, they simply are having better seasons.

Wilson should be highly considered right now. But, like most of these races they usually have it set upon two guys for the second half of the season to make it a nice media story.

I would give it to Wilson over Griffin. All the rookie QB's have been very good, they should have their teams and fans respect.

Thus far Luck is having the third best rookie year at QB, he is behind Wilson and RG3!    I do not think either are better or will end up better than Luck, they simply are having better seasons.

Stats wise.....Yes! I agree, but looking beyond the stats and the teams as a whole, I don't agree. Look what Cousins did yesterday with the same skins team. He tore the Browns apart and looked very impressive doing it. Wilson has been good too, but look at his last 2 games, Yesterday he was 14-23 and they put up 50 pts.. last week 7-13 and they put up 58 pts.. Not exactly steller stats, but his team is pretty darn good. They have a great O-line and a really good defense. I guess im just looking at more than just game ending stats. Whether the people who make the choice looks at it that way is yet to be determined and we'll see. for the record, I think RG3 wins because it's more of a popularity contest than it is anything else.

Yea, right now RW has been amazing.  Luck has dropped out of the top 10 in ESPN QBR.  I think he was as high as 4 a month ago.  RG3 has been great, but at this point, I would give it to RW.  Things could change, of course.  The only knock on Wilson is that his defense and Pete Carrol pretty much admited that they dumbed down their offense for him until recently.

I think that Luck's regression has eliminated him from the roy award. I am truly worried that Arians' refusal to modify his offensive game plan to take advantage of an opponent's weakness or to negate the opponent's strength has forced Luck to take so many hits that he is morphing into the next David Carr.

Thus far Luck is having the third best rookie year at QB, he is behind Wilson and RG3! I do not think either are better or will end up better than Luck, they simply are having better seasons.

Both of the other guys have great running games. The colts do not. The only stat i care about is wins. Wilson and luck have nine. RG3 has 7. Wilson should only have 8,but the refs gift wrapped the packers game for them. To me its the guy whos team has already won five more games than last year with two to play

Both of the other hits have great running games. The colts do not. The only stat i care about is wins. Wilson and luck have nine. RG3 has 7. Wilson should only have 8,but the refs gift wrapped the packers game for them. To me its the guy whos team has already won five more games than last year with two to play

Check that.. Seven more games than last year with two to play

If Wilson wins the NFC West don't be shocked if he wins it over both RG3 and Luck. Let's be honest to this point we've been arguing that Luck had his team going to the playoffs and RG3 and Wilson did not as to why Luck should win it over their stats. Now both could win their divisions and we could be a wildcard team. I am starting to come to peace with the fact that Luck will not be Rookie of the Year. I am going to be mad if Pagano/Arians and or Grigson does not win at least one of their awards though.

Honestly I think Russel Wilson SHOULD get the ROTY, but I wouldn't be shocked if it was RG3.

I think the biggest reason Luck won't win, and why he's had poor stats (INTs, completion percentage) is more Arian's fault than Luck's because of the type of offensive game plan he drums up every week.

I think if we had more of a west coast offense Luck would run away with this award. That being said I think he will have the biggest second year leap because of the workload that has been put on his shoulders this year.

Edit: This is not an Arians knock. Say what you will about his offense, but we wouldn't be such a comeback capable team without such a down-the-field offense. Comebacks have been Luck's bread and butter this year and that is largely because BA calls plays that can get huge chunks of yardage in a short time.

I think the order right now is (1) Griffin, (2) Wilson, (3) Luck, (4) Martin, and (5) Morris.

Wilson has been making substantial gains lately and has edged ahead of Luck with his previous performance but he still has less yardage, more picks, a lower completion percentage, and no more TDs than Griffin despite the Seahawks' recent offensive explosion and RG's absence.  Martin and Morris deserve more serious consideration than they will actually receive... it's definitely going to a QB this year.

Luck wound up in probably the worst situation out of all of the starting rookie QBs not named Brandon Weeden.  His wild success as a college player came in an offense that was considerably closer to what the Seahawks and Redskins run and I really don't think Arians' scheme suits his talents anywhere near as well.  Unfortunately, there's really no compensating for that when it comes to these awards.

If Wilson wins the NFC West don't be shocked if he wins it over both RG3 and Luck. Let's be honest to this point we've been arguing that Luck had his team going to the playoffs and RG3 and Wilson did not as to why Luck should win it over their stats. Now both could win their divisions and we could be a wildcard team. I am starting to come to peace with the fact that Luck will not be Rookie of the Year. I am going to be mad if Pagano/Arians and or Grigson does not win at least one of their awards though.

^^^All that needs to be said. Russell Wilson has been balling, and it's not like his offense is loaded with weapons. They have a heck of a defense in Seattle, but nobody thought their offense would score 100 points in a two week span. Wilson deserves it.

I would like to see Grigson get Executive of the Year though.

I think the win against Clevleand yesterday put Wilson ahead of Griffin. I will be happy for whoever wins it, it's the annoying trolls that I will dread.

Perhaps that is the case but I think that would be a pretty foolish reason to downgrade Griffin.  The Browns had no film on Cousins and they made absolutely zero attempts to stop him during the game even once he proved to be capable.  Dick Jauron screwed the pooch badly by focusing his team's entire attention on Alfred Morris, effectively disregarding the fact that with or without Griffin we are a team that thrives off the play action.

The Browns have some serious talent in spots on both sides of the ball but they're still a bad team by virtue of the fact that they've got a bad coaching staff and some glaring weaknesses *cough*Weeden*cough*.  I think Cousins would fare notably worse than Griffin against a team like the Cowboys.

^^^All that needs to be said. Russell Wilson has been balling, and it's not like his offense is loaded with weapons. They have a heck of a defense in Seattle, but nobody thought their offense would score 100 points in a two week span. Wilson deserves it.

I would like to see Grigson get Executive of the Year though.

It's a rookie of the year award, not a rookie of two games award.  Wilson has gained substantial ground but he still has to finish notably stronger than Griffin in these last two games to take it.  He may not have the best receivers in the world but Marshawn Lynch has to count for a lot and a relatively healthy Sidney Rice is still dangerous, so I'm not sure he's that far behind Luck or Griffin.  That defense does a hell of a job at taking pressure off of him, too.

Grigson's not a bad candidate at all.  You guys did a hell of a job at re-stocking your skill positions in a single offseason.

Perhaps that is the case but I think that would be a pretty foolish reason to downgrade Griffin.  The Browns had no film on Cousins and they made absolutely zero attempts to stop him during the game even once he proved to be capable.  Dick Jauron screwed the pooch badly by focusing his team's entire attention on Alfred Morris, effectively disregarding the fact that with or without Griffin we are a team that thrives off the play action.

The Browns have some serious talent in spots on both sides of the ball but they're still a bad team by virtue of the fact that they've got a bad coaching staff and some glaring weaknesses *cough*Weeden*cough*.  I think Cousins would fare notably worse than Griffin against a team like the Cowboys.

It's a rookie of the year award, not a rookie of two games award.  Wilson has gained substantial ground but he still has to finish notably stronger than Griffin in these last two games to take it.  He may not have the best receivers in the world but Marshawn Lynch has to count for a lot and a relatively healthy Sidney Rice is still dangerous, so I'm not sure he's that far behind Luck or Griffin.  That defense does a hell of a job at taking pressure off of him, too.

Grigson's not a bad candidate at all.  You guys did a hell of a job at re-stocking your skill positions in a single offseason.

Yeah I'm not disagreeing with you. We played the Browns, I've said for a while they are one of the best teams with a bad record in the league. I really don't think anybody has a huge advantage. John Clayton said after the Lions game that Luck had ROTY wrapped up, The week before everyone was saying Griffin had it locked up, no Wilson is a frontrunner. LOL at least it is interesting.

Robert Griffin III has taken a last place team to compete for a division title.  And in case some of you have forgetten, the NFC East has the defending Super Bowl Champions (2x in the last 5 years). In other words, NFC East > AFC South

The NY Giants have a pass-rushing defense that was single-handedly responsible for de-railing future Hall-of-Famer Tom Brady and dismantling the New England Patriots dynasty. Watching the Redskins/Giants games are among Griffins best performances.

RG3 still managed the least interceptions among starting QBs in the NFL (four) - unheard of as a rookie. The NFL record for fewest interceptions in a season is - four interceptions for a 16 game start, and one interception for 9 games or more. Seriously has a rookie quarterback EVER led the NFL with the least interceptions? Or challenged for the NFL record of least interceptions? Also 13 games in, Griffin is tied for the top QB rating with... a future hall of fame-er & Superbowl MVP Tom Brady and he did this with his top wide receiver out for half the season and his top tight end out the entire season. Who has ever done more, with less??

Andrew Luck - racked up a lot of passing yards with 5-time pro-bowler, Reggie Wayne (on course for a 100+ catch/1300yd season), but tied for most interceptions and played against much lesser competition, including the leagues worst, 2-11 Jacksonville Jaguars. Also it is a matter of historical fact that the Colts, despite the leagues worst record last year, were only a QB & one season away from five straight play-off appearances with double-digit win seasons (including only being 2 seasons removed from a Superbowl appearance). While the Redskin had not sniffed the playoffs for the same five years. Plus Luck has a 5-time pro-bowl wide receiver in Reggie Wayne, while Griffin's did it without his top wide receiver for half the season and without his top tight end.

It's a clean sweep across all major categories. Griffin has done more, with less, against better competition, and with a better QB-rating, a better completions percentage, less sacks, and 4 interceptions vs 18 interceptions.

People who say it is close - I have no idea what they are looking at.

Agree. Our men at the top deserve some recognition, someone does. Heck to me all do. Luck has been awesome to me this year for a rookie and I would not want anyone else. But, it's not just about him this year, this story goes beyond Luck.....and I don't care if he wins a rookie trophy either.

The story of the Colts this season has been really something for us fans. And it is not done yet. Pagano/Arians/Grigson have been incredible IMO inspiring/coaching and rebuilding what was 200% broken last year.

Robert Griffin III has taken a last place team to compete for a division title. And in case some of you have forgetten, the NFC East has the defending Super Bowl Champions (2x in the last 5 years). In other words, NFC East > AFC South

The NY Giants have a pass-rushing defense that was single-handedly responsible for de-railing future Hall-of-Famer Tom Brady and dismantling the New England Patriots dynasty. Watching the Redskins/Giants games are among Griffins best performances.

RG3 still managed the least interceptions among starting QBs in the NFL (four) - unheard of as a rookie. The NFL record for fewest interceptions in a season is - four interceptions for a 16 game start, and one interception for 9 games or more. Seriously has a rookie quarterback EVER led the NFL with the least interceptions? Or challenged for the NFL record of least interceptions? Also 13 games in, Griffin is tied for the top QB rating with... a future hall of fame-er & Superbowl MVP Tom Brady and he did this with his top wide receiver out for half the season and his top tight end out the entire season. Who has ever done more, with less??

Andrew Luck - racked up a lot of passing yards with 5-time pro-bowler, Reggie Wayne (on course for a 100+ catch/1300yd season), but tied for most interceptions and played against much lesser competition, including the leagues worst, 2-11 Jacksonville Jaguars. Also it is a matter of historical fact that the Colts, despite the leagues worst record last year, were only a QB & one season away from five straight play-off appearances with double-digit win seasons (including only being 2 seasons removed from a Superbowl appearance). While the Redskin had not sniffed the playoffs for the same five years. Plus Luck has a 5-time pro-bowl wide receiver in Reggie Wayne, while Griffin's did it without his top wide receiver for half the season and without his top tight end.

It's a clean sweep across all major categories. Griffin has done more, with less, against better competition, and with a better QB-rating, a better completions percentage, less sacks, and 4 interceptions vs 18 interceptions.

Bob also leads all rookie qbs for plays missed due to injury.

Robert Griffin III has taken a last place team to compete for a division title.  And in case some of you have forgetten, the NFC East has the defending Super Bowl Champions (2x in the last 5 years). In other words, NFC East > AFC South

Give us your O-line protection and your 1,000+ yd rusher and see how much more that helps Luck.  We were a team that many, and I do mean many, who discuss football whether it's NFL.com, ESPN, CBS, etc etc etc that had us as a bottom of the league team again for the 2012 season.  They have proven all of them wrong.  You're a Redskins fan, I get it you're pulling for RGIII to win, it's understandable.  To me the simple fact that he couldn't even play a whole season should make a case for somebody like Russell or Luck (who has been battered more than any QB in the league this year) to win it.  Not to mention your fellow rookie QB comes in and goes lights out too, is it just a coincidence, I think not.  Talk about doing more with less, take our pitiful O-line for a game or two, my guess is you'll be begging by halftime of the first game to trade back.  Probably won't even take that long, after they let RGIII get mauled in your first possession you'll be asking for your line back.

hmmmmm????????

Yes clearly griffin has done much more with less considering they have a far superior OL and running game!  Yeah makes sense, Luck is doing much less with more since Reggie Wayne who you seem to emphasize as a GOD of all GODS is on the team.  Luck should have won multiple super bowls by now!

:facepalm:

1. Patchwork OL that is amongst one of the worst in the league which is constantly injured

2. 21st ranked rushing game

3. Luck is pressured, knocked down more than any qb in the league

4. Luck is sacked 9th most in the league

5. Team was predicted to win 3-5 games

6. Offense is full of rookies Ballard, Luck, Hilton, Brazil, Allen, Fleener

7. A new complex system that is hard for rookies to grasp

Yeah I agree Luck is doing less with MUCH more

haha