Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Locked For OROTY?

II COLD

If RG3 comes back next week the media will spin it that he has had to come over more adversity than Luck.  Also if the skins lose this game then its because rg3 wasn't playing.  I hate to say it but the media love fest for rg3 has solidified the ROY.

So no Luck will not win ROY although I think he deserves it.

<p></p><blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Ryan Pelley" data-cid="360582" data-time="1355671605"><p>I've never really paid much attention to the 'Rookie of the Year' debate. Is it generally a statistic competition? Or will Luck be the front runner, due to the success he can be attributed to?</p></blockquote><p></p>

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 16, 2012 - request for streaming link
Hidden by Nadine, December 16, 2012 - request for streaming link

Stuck in Tennessee unable to watch the game because they are playing the ravens game instead. Does anyone have access to a way to watch the game vs the texans live today? If so can you PM it to me. Thanks so much!!!

The Colts are 9-4... coming in from a 2-14 season. With a Andrew Luck as QB and very likely to break every rookie record except Peyton Manning's rookie touchdown record... This should be a lock... Nobody thought the Colts would finish with more than 8 wins  this season.

I'm not sure there were many sane people predicting 8 wins. Yet everyone was saying he Skins were ready to win, the QB position was one of few needs. The Seahawks were also thought to be a good team looking for a QB to put them into contention.

I'm not sure that supports ROTY for Luck, or if his stats will hurt his chances (INTs, QB rating). Frankly, I don't care. Anyone who knows football knows what he means to the Colts. RG3 and Wilson are great young players, but I wouldn't trade Andrew for anyone in the NFL right now.

If you're a Colts fan, you want RG3 to play. If Luck wins ROTY, skins fans will be saying it's because RG3 missed a game or else he would have won. Not saying I agree but I can see this happening. Other way around as well, if Luck missed a game, you might see Colts fans saying the same thing. 

The Colts are 9-4... coming in from a 2-14 season. With a Andrew Luck as QB and very likely to break every rookie record except Peyton Manning's rookie touchdown record... This should be a lock... Nobody thought the Colts would finish with more than 8 wins  this season.

Thats RIGHT!  The COLTS are 9-4 NOT Andrew Luck, we certainly are not 9-4 due solely to his play this season!   By seasons end 30 turnovers and 50% CMP - no way no how!   Based on several criteria,  I have Luck 4th or 5th in ROY running enough of the homer non-sense!

And I agree with others above - I wouldn't want any of those other rookies! 

Thats RIGHT!  The COLTS are 9-4 NOT Andrew Luck, we certainly are not 9-4 due solely to his play this season!   By seasons end 30 turnovers and 50% CMP - no way no how!   Based on several criteria,  I have Luck 4th or 5th in ROY running enough of the homer non-sense!

Why are you so angry just because Colts fans are showing support for their QB? It seems like you take every opportunity possible to disparage Luck. We all know you're still angry that Manning is gone, we get it, but we like our new guy. Who cares if it's homerish or not?

We agree on your last sentence.  I guess my question is - on what do you base ROTY?  Is it pure stats?  Luck loses there, as you said.  

Is it what they've done to improve their team or help their team win?  I think you can make the argument that he wins there.  You just saw the Skins win without RG3.  And the Hawks are better with Wilson, but are they that much better than last year?

Again, I don't know the answer because I'm not sure what the criteria are in this category.  

I just want to beat the Chiefs and get in the playoffs. They can do whatever they want with the trophy. These awards are sometimes a joke anyway.

They make up their minds it seems way too early. Just look at last year with Rodgers and Brees. I am a fan of Rodgers but after Flynn did what he did in the final game I was sure Brees would get more votes and he got only 4.

I sometimes don't feel in my gut the awards often go to the right people in the end either but thats what happens when it is so heavily media based.

If Luck wins it then fine but if he doesn't then fine. I want to win the next game more.

Why are you so angry just because Colts fans are showing support for their QB? It seems like you take every opportunity possible to disparage Luck. We all know you're still angry that Manning is gone, we get it, but we like our new guy. Who cares if it's homerish or not?

homers are typically just as annoying as trolls are.

that said, if I were voting for oroty, all things considered I would vote for Luck. I would not, however, think it the travesty of justice that many would consider it to be if rg3 wins it.

Who said I was mad Manning was gone?  I like Luck too and from the second Manning was gone wanted him over RG3!  I think he will end up being the better QB, but he has NOT had the best year as a rookie! 

IMO there are more than one colt players that have had better rookie years than Luck! 

Who said I was mad Manning was gone?  I like Luck too and from the second Manning was gone wanted him over RG3!  I think he will end up being the better QB, but he has NOT had the best year as a rookie! 

IMO there are more than one colt players that have had better rookie years than Luck! 

Oh, ok. I thought you meant 3 or 4 other rookie QB's that were better than Luck.

homers are typically just as annoying as trolls are.

that said, if I were voting for oroty, all things considered I would vote for Luck. I would not, however, think it the travesty of justice that many would consider it to be if rg3 wins it.

To an extent, you're right. Homers can be somewhat annoying, but I think for the most part people are looking past Lucks stats and seeing what he has meant to the team. Honestly, I don't expect Luck to win ROTY and thats fine by me. There are more important things to think about.