•  

Photo

Are you reading Anything?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
59 replies to this topic

#41 schwamm

schwamm

BRING IT!

• 2047 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

Congratulations, schwamm! OL or skilled position? :)

Let's ease into this a little. The wife imagines he's made of porcelain right now, so while I have visions of a tough as nails TE, she's probably hoping more bookish chess geek. I'd settle for sharing a passion for the game with him, as a compromise. I have an extra season ticket reserved for him when the day comes.

I am forever grateful for all the great players I've been fortunate enough to watch play the game with horseshoes on their helmets,

and I'm eagerly anticipating the opportunity to see which new Colts become the stars and fan favorites of tomorrow.

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#42 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11323 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

Nice pics Schwamm

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#43 Nadine

Nadine

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 6991 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

sorry for the delay... I'd like to introduce the newest Colts fan... my son Charlie

so beautiful! Congratulations!

We can embed tweets now:  http://forums.colts....bed-tweets-now/

#44 southwest1

southwest1
  • 11909 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

sorry for the delay... I'd like to introduce the newest Colts fan... my son Charlie

Let's ease into this a little. The wife imagines he's made of porcelain right now, so while I have visions of a tough as nails TE, she's probably hoping more bookish chess geek. I'd settle for sharing a passion for the game with him, as a compromise. I have an extra season ticket reserved for him when the day comes.

Nice pictures there Schwamm.  :thmup:  Made of porcelain or not, he's a handsome "little devil." Just try not to make him an NFL FG kicker okay. Too much pressure would be heaped upon those tiny little shoulders at the moment. 

lucy1.jpg

"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." Sun Tzu

#45 Coltssouth

Coltssouth
  • 2958 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:30 AM

Congrats Schwamm - he is a cutie!

I just finished reading Anne Bishop's "Black Jewels" trilogy.  It is a fantasy series based on the dark side instead of the good where women rule instead of men.  Maahhaaa!!!  Very good read.  :)

#46 Nadine

Nadine

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 6991 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:40 AM

Congrats Schwamm - he is a cutie!

I just finished reading Anne Bishop's "Black Jewels" trilogy.  It is a fantasy series based on the dark side instead of the good where women rule instead of men.  Maahhaaa!!!  Very good read.  :)

thanks for the tip!

I love it when I can tap into a series

We can embed tweets now:  http://forums.colts....bed-tweets-now/

#47 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 5814 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

just into shantaram

#48 Gramz

Gramz
  • 2850 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

23964_10151563477622389_789832194_n.jpg

"The attitude with which we approach the situation can determine our success or failure" ~ Peyton Manning.

#49 chadedward

chadedward
  • 408 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

Star Wars - Scoundrels 

#50 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4140 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

The Dark Tower I - The Gunslinger. I've gone off King for many years.....but my friend recommended this......It's very good.....the whole serioes should keep me going for a few years!

Shogun is my all time fav. And The Religion - Tim Willocks (highly recommended)....

"If I make a comment and it is not backed up by factual evidence, take it as my opinion, and my opinion only"....

#51 Vance

Vance
  • 2463 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

Just picked up Hitler's Charisma

Houston Texans fan and realist. Sarcasm is etched into my DNA.

#52 T Y Goodbye

T Y Goodbye

Formerly known as CF4L

• 1807 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:35 PM

Wife bought "The Hobbit"..When I read, I like to read the book first, before I see the movie...Pretty good book...(please don't spoil it for me if you have seen the movie) Usually, the movie doesn't do the book justice...Here's hoping this will be one of the few...

The man no one corner can stop...

#53 chadedward

chadedward
  • 408 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

The Ultimates - Mark Millar

#54 Gramz

Gramz
  • 2850 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

Wife bought "The Hobbit"..When I read, I like to read the book first, before I see the movie...Pretty good book...(please don't spoil it for me if you have seen the movie) Usually, the movie doesn't do the book justice...Here's hoping this will be one of the few...

I agree.....   I read  Silver Linings Playbook before seeing the movie...   I liked the book much better,  but still enjoyed the movie.

"The attitude with which we approach the situation can determine our success or failure" ~ Peyton Manning.

#55 MAC

MAC

"It was a dark and stormy night"

• 4654 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

I'm usually the same way. There are several movies that I've avoided seeing for many many years because I have the books sitting here and I never get around to reading them. However I tried reading The Hobbit decades ago and couldn't get very far. Never tried reading Lord of the Rings. Saw the movies anyway (couldn't put it off for long because of my wife's enthusiasm) and I LOVED all of them. We're looking forward to seeing The Hobbit, but are aware that it hasn't been anywhere near as well received.

So had you read The Lord of the Rings, and have you seen the movies?

#56 Coltssouth

Coltssouth
  • 2958 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:28 AM

I'm usually the same way. There are several movies that I've avoided seeing for many many years because I have the books sitting here and I never get around to reading them. However I tried reading The Hobbit decades ago and couldn't get very far. Never tried reading Lord of the Rings. Saw the movies anyway (couldn't put it off for long because of my wife's enthusiasm) and I LOVED all of them. We're looking forward to seeing The Hobbit, but are aware that it hasn't been anywhere near as well received.

I know this was intended for CF4L but I'm going to jump in as I just watched The Hobbit a couple of weeks ago.  These are some of my all-time favorite books that I read years ago and have kept to re-read over and over again, so like your wife I couldn't wait to see the movies in what was more of an "adult" version than the animated cartoon which came out a few years ago.

The movies are so close to the books, I think that's what makes them so good.  I did enjoy the Hobbit movie more than the book though and that's a very rare occurance for me.  It's not up the the LOTR story line but I didn't think the book was so I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it. 

These people have done an amazing job with JRR Tolkiens work and given me a middle earth that is a wonderful place to visit . . . again and again.

#57 MAC

MAC

• 4654 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:01 AM

I know this was intended for CF4L but I'm going to jump in as I just watched The Hobbit a couple of weeks ago.  These are some of my all-time favorite books that I read years ago and have kept to re-read over and over again, so like your wife I couldn't wait to see the movies in what was more of an "adult" version than the animated cartoon which came out a few years ago.

The movies are so close to the books, I think that's what makes them so good.  I did enjoy the Hobbit movie more than the book though and that's a very rare occurance for me.  It's not up the the LOTR story line but I didn't think the book was so I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it. 

These people have done an amazing job with JRR Tolkiens work and given me a middle earth that is a wonderful place to visit . . . again and again.

Please jump away, or back, well you know what I mean.

I'm glad to hear that, and it's makes sense considering what my wife has said of the books. I thought that the LOTR movies were largely astounding, and they made me want to try to read the series again (although as I said I have many other things stacking up ahead of them, and I just don't read all that much nowadays). You have to give much of the credit to Peter Jackson I would think. Just the time and the investment required, to put out such incredibly detailed, nuanced, often slow moving lengthy movies - with effects that always serve to enhance not cheapen - took an incredible amount of nerve. Thank goodness for him.

#58 Colts_Fan12

Colts_Fan12
  • 3348 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:49 AM

I too love The Lord of the Rings but I haven't read any of them lol the hobbit was also fantastic I also really enjoyed the hunger games I don't read much I did read all of the Harry Potter books when I was younger and I read all the Hunger Games and I LOVED them

#59 MAC

MAC

• 4654 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:04 AM

I too love The Lord of the Rings but I haven't read any of them lol the hobbit was also fantastic I also really enjoyed the hunger games I don't read much I did read all of the Harry Potter books when I was younger and I read all the Hunger Games and I LOVED them

I get the impression that JK Rowling single-handedly boosted reading rates among the young a significant amount. I have to get around to reading the Harry Potter books eventually as well.

#60 Colts_Fan12

Colts_Fan12
  • 3348 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

I get the impression that JK Rowling single-handedly boosted reading rates among the young a significant amount. I have to get around to reading the Harry Potter books eventually as well.

Yep loved them as well mostly cause I read them and seen the movies and it was like the grew older with me so I really connected but I seem the hunger games movie cause I didn't know wat it was and loved the movie so I had to read all the books

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      16 Apr
    ColtsBTM12

I saw in the Colts mailbag that Nicks will wear number 14. That's weird. I wish they would have just given him 88. Marvin was great, but you don't have to retire everyone's number that's ever been good on your team.

Show comments (3)
View All Updates