Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PrincetonTiger

Are you reading Anything?

60 posts in this topic

Nicholas St. North and the Battle of the Nightmare King by William Joyce.This is Book One of The Guardian Series

a prequel series to the new film Rise of the Guardians

UP Next:

Book Two E. Aster Bunnymund and the Warior Eggs at the Earth's Core

then

Book Three Toothiana Queen of the Tooth Fairy Armies

Reading Sports Illustrated this morning haha

No Easy Day: The Firsthand Account of the Killing of Osama bin Laden

1 person likes this

At first glance I read this as "Are you eating anything?" :P

Let me go have a snack and then I'll think about what I'm reading.

John Grisham's "The Pelican Brief" I think, sort of. It's been sitting untouched near the bed for a few weeks now.  I hope I can remember what the heck was going on.

playboy. i know what what you are thinking, but believe me, i buy it just for the pictures

3 people like this

I downloaded the Hobbit onto my iPad after watching it in the theater. It has been a long time since I read it. After that I will probably read the LOTR series as well.

This topic, and many others on the best read on earth...the Colts Fan Forum....

1 person likes this

I finally finished one of the worst books that I have ever had the displeasure of reading.  It was, Wild Grows the Heather in Devon by Michael Phillips.

The book started out great with a mysterious event that had occured on a stormy night in 1829.  The secret of what happened on that night had been written down by a maid and hidden within the walls of Heathersleigh Hall. 

I continued to read that book . . . all 447 pages . . . because I wanted to know what that secret was.  But, the reader was never told.  :hairout:  What a waste of my time.

I just finished a biography of Princeton native Gil Hodges and started reading a study of the 1960 Presidential Election

"1960:LBJ vs. JFK vs. Nixon" 

This topic, and many others on the best read on earth...the Colts Fan Forum....

Stuff like this is the only thing I can really read I hate reading books i'm a sights and sound guy so I need books etc on CD or video. So whats a book again?

Its about time for me to re-read Hitchhikers Guide series. I like to read it once every few years. 

So I'll prob start reading that this weekend. 

The last one I read was Cobb: A Biography. Which was pretty awesome. Although Al Stump has been proven to be a liar. So....

I finally finished one of the worst books that I have ever had the displeasure of reading.  It was, Wild Grows the Heather in Devon by Michael Phillips.

The book started out great with a mysterious event that had occured on a stormy night in 1829.  The secret of what happened on that night had been written down by a maid and hidden within the walls of Heathersleigh Hall. 

I continued to read that book . . . all 447 pages . . . because I wanted to know what that secret was.  But, the reader was never told.  :hairout:  What a waste of my time.

Are you sure? When I'm reading something that doesn't grab me sometimes pages will go by before I wake up and realize that I have no idea what I just read. More typical this would be during "required" reading, but the same thing applies.

I think that you owe it to yourself to read all 447 pages again just to make sure. :P

Non - Fiction: Winston Churchill's biop.

Fiction: The Texans' road to the Super Bowl.....

2 people like this

A whole bunch of books on how to handle, respond to, cope with, and care for an infant... T minus 8 days and counting to the C-section and the arrival of our first child...  :banana:  :fireworks:  :dancing:  :disco:  :rock:  :fireworks:  :yahoo:

I'm too old for this crap, tho...   :D

4 people like this

A whole bunch of books on how to handle, respond to, cope with, and care for an infant... T minus 8 days and counting to the C-section and the arrival of our first child...  :banana:  :fireworks:  :dancing:  :disco:  :rock:  :fireworks:  :yahoo:

I'm too old for this crap, tho...   :D

Congratulations on the upcoming arrival.  I :luv:  babies and am really happy for the both of you.

If you feel like sharing, I would enjoy seeing pics of your son/daughter. 

1 person likes this

Congratulations on the upcoming arrival.  I :luv:  babies and am really happy for the both of you.

you can count on it... and he'll be in Colts gear, I promise.

I just finished Molaka'i http://www.amazon.com/Molokai-Alan-Brennert/dp/0312304358

It is an interesting read.  Fact based fiction set 100 years ago in Hawaii.  It's about a girl who gets leprosy and is sent the island where people with this were quarantined.

It sounds depressing and it certainly has much sadness but is also about hope and strength of human spirit and community.  

I give it:   :thmup:

nobody.png

I love it when Nobody likes something. I always get a good chuckle.

Non-fiction: Vernal Pools: Natural History and Conservation by Elizabeth A. Colburn

Fiction: A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin

I like to have two going at once.

Pat Kirwan's book, "Take your eye off the ball".

I'm reading that too.  Did you get the version with the DVD?

Also, I'm reading through the Wheel of Time series.  Yes, I'm a fantasy geek who loves football also.

I'm reading that too.  Did you get the version with the DVD?

Also, I'm reading through the Wheel of Time series.  Yes, I'm a fantasy geek who loves football also.

Me too. Sword of Truth, Dune series, Dark Tower series, Earthsea Trilogy, Iron Tower Trilogy, Sword of Shannara......

I just have the book....no DVD included.

I recently finished Cradle and All  by James Patterson.  It was a very good read, but somewhat different than his usual books. 

Now, I have started reading Sugarplum Dead  by Carolyn Hart and the author is driving me nutz. :nutz:   The storyline is fine, but she keeps using words that I have never heard. 

And, I'm the type of person who can't just gloss over an unknown word; but has to put the book down and look up the meaning of the word . . . which would be great if I could remember tomorrow what I looked up today.  :slaphead:

So, if any of you are reading this post, here are some of the words for which I have already sought a definition (and I'm not even to page 100).  How many of these words do you know without having to look up the definition?

self-effacing

ormolu

hoi polloi

ketch

doyenne

insouciant

proclivities

miasmic

aconthus

rapprochement

no-see-ums

bonhomie

susurrant

I recently finished Cradle and All  by James Patterson.  It was a very good read, but somewhat different than his usual books. 

Now, I have started reading Sugarplum Dead  by Carolyn Hart and the author is driving me nutz. :nutz:   The storyline is fine, but she keeps using words that I have never heard. 

And, I'm the type of person who can't just gloss over an unknown word; but has to put the book down and look up the meaning of the word . . . which would be great if I could remember tomorrow what I looked up today.  :slaphead:

So, if any of you are reading this post, here are some of the words for which I have already sought a definition (and I'm not even to page 100).  How many of these words do you know without having to look up the definition?

self-effacing

ormolu

hoi polloi

ketch

doyenne

insouciant

proclivities

miasmic

aconthus

rapprochement

no-see-ums

bonhomie

susurrant

what time period is this book set

hoi polloi means majority

or

according to L. Ron Hubbard a race of aliens

1 person likes this

what time period is this book set

hoi polloi means majority

or

according to L. Ron Hubbard a race of aliens

I'm impressed, Princeton.  I had never seen "hoi polloi" before and had no clue what it meant.

The book doesn't give a definite time period, but it was written in the year 2000 and the author makes references to things (such as a teenager dressing in a grunge style) that lead me to believe the time setting is sometime in the 1990's to 2000.

I'm impressed, Princeton.  I had never seen "hoi polloi" before and had no clue what it meant.

The book doesn't give a definite time period, but it was written in the year 2000 and the author makes references to things (such as a teenager dressing in a grunge style) that lead me to believe the time setting is sometime in the 1990's to 2000.

I had to look it up for a definite meaning and found the Hubbard tidbit

What did you found out about bonhomie?

I had to look it up for a definite meaning and found the Hubbard tidbit

What did you found out about bonhomie?

bonhomie means cheerful friendliness, geniality, or a good-natured man

So, if someone calls you a "bonhomie", it is a compliment.  :)

sorry for the delay... I'd like to introduce the newest Colts fan... my son Charlie

130210_2_zps64380879.jpg

IMG_1433_zps65417fb2.jpg

8 people like this

bonhomie means cheerful friendliness, geniality, or a good-natured man

So, if someone calls you a "bonhomie", it is a compliment.  :)

it is french for good man

sorry for the delay... I'd like to introduce the newest Colts fan... my son Charlie

Congratulations and thank you for the pics.  Your son is adorable.  Just look at all that hair. 

Congratulations, schwamm!   OL or skilled position?  :)