Photo

Test post due to having problems with site update

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 T Y Goodbye

T Y Goodbye

Formerly known as CF4L

• 1988 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

This is a test...

This is a test

This is a test

This is a test...

testing smilies... :D  :yay:  :applause:

Testing quote in next post...

Marcus Mariota....Heisman Watch (Oregon 7-1) QBR 192.2

Week 8 vs @California W 59-45, Passing: 18-30, 326 yards, 5 TD's, 6 carries, 36 net yards. 0 TD's (sacked 0 times)

2014 stats after 8 games 180-218 (68.8%) 2,283 yards, 24 TD's, 1 INT,  AVG: 10.5, 62 rushes, 325 net yards, (18 sacks for -97 yards) 5 TD's, 1 rec. 26 yds 1TD

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 T Y Goodbye

T Y Goodbye

Formerly known as CF4L

• 1988 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

This is a test...

This is a test

This is a test

This is a test...

testing smilies... :D  :yay:  :applause:

Testing quote in next post...

I think its working...Mods..please delete topic, and I'm sorry for all the inconvieience...I had to switch to IE, instead of firefox to get it to work correctly..

Week 8 vs @California W 59-45, Passing: 18-30, 326 yards, 5 TD's, 6 carries, 36 net yards. 0 TD's (sacked 0 times)

2014 stats after 8 games 180-218 (68.8%) 2,283 yards, 24 TD's, 1 INT,  AVG: 10.5, 62 rushes, 325 net yards, (18 sacks for -97 yards) 5 TD's, 1 rec. 26 yds 1TD

#3 MAC

MAC

"It was a dark and stormy night"

• 4767 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

I think its working...Mods..please delete topic, and I'm sorry for all the inconvieience...I had to switch to IE, instead of firefox to get it to work correctly..

I had a couple of concerns at first, but Firefox works fine. Did you follow Nadine's instructions in her blog about the update, and did you try clicking the icon in the upper left corner of the editor to turn on enhanced editing? I hate to see someone resorting to using one of the Evil Empires products unnecessarily (although frankly they aren't what they used to be. Far more irritated by Google and the like nowadays).

#4 T Y Goodbye

T Y Goodbye

Formerly known as CF4L

• 1988 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

I had a couple of concerns at first, but Firefox works fine. Did you follow Nadine's instructions in her blog about the update, and did you try clicking the icon in the upper left corner of the editor to turn on enhanced editing? I hate to see someone resorting to using one of the Evil Empires products unnecessarily (although frankly they aren't what they used to be. Far more irritated by Google and the like nowadays).

Yes MAC..I did try...cleared out the cache, cookies...everything, then I hard started up again. Firefox won't let me use fonts, smileys, etc..and gave me a weird font. I went to IE, and it seems to be working fine now...so yeah..I gotta use the evil emipre to be with my family here..but its well worth it!

Thanks for your help, and everyone's as well.. :thmup:

#5 Coltman51

Coltman51
  • 841 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

:cheer2:  :cheer2:  :cheer2:   think mine is finally working again. :thmup:  :woah:

#6 MAC

MAC

• 4767 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

Yes MAC..I did try...cleared out the cache, cookies...everything, then I hard started up again. Firefox won't let me use fonts, smileys, etc..and gave me a weird font. I went to IE, and it seems to be working fine now...so yeah..I gotta use the evil emipre to be with my family here..but its well worth it!

But did you click the button to shift to enhanced editing mode? After the update everyone appears to have been shifted to the basic mode by default, and you have to click the icon in the upper left corner of the text editor to shift back. It seems unlikely that you have a unique problem.

#7 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 12830 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

:cheer2:  :cheer2:  :cheer2:   think mine is finally working again. :thmup:  :woah:

Looks good to me......not sure mine is right, but time to  :Nuke: the Texans.......!!!  GO COLTS!   :helmet:  :helmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltshorse:  :coltshorse:  :coltsfb:  :coltsfb:  :colts:  :colts:

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#8 T Y Goodbye

T Y Goodbye

Formerly known as CF4L

• 1988 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

But did you click the button to shift to enhanced editing mode? After the update everyone appears to have been shifted to the basic mode by default, and you have to click the icon in the upper left corner of the text editor to shift back. It seems unlikely that you have a unique problem.

Well...I just did what you said..i had forgotten you mentioning that to me in previous posts...this post is  Firefox, and all seems to be well!! :Wooo: :excited: :excited: :Wooo:

You are the man MAC..I don't care what Coltman was saying about your earlier... :lol: :funny: lmao rotflmao

#9 T Y Goodbye

T Y Goodbye

Formerly known as CF4L

• 1988 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

Looks good to me......not sure mine is right, but time to  :Nuke: the Texans.......!!!  GO COLTS!   :helmet:  :helmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltshorse:  :coltshorse:  :coltsfb:  :coltsfb:  :colts:  :colts:

Glad you are back too my brother!!

#10 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 17168 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

Luckily the laptop I use has Google Chrome

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#11 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 6589 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

test

#12 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 6589 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

whoo-wee. i thought i might have to resort to firefox or ie  :beg:

#13 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 17168 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:47 AM

Wow

PrincetonTiger77

#14 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 17168 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:47 AM

I can post using Firefox but still nothing fancy

PrincetonTiger77

#15 Nadine

Nadine

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 7976 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:35 AM

The weird font is a sign that you are in the wrong mode.  

Click the little switch icon (upper left of your compose screen menu bar)

This will toggle it back into the mode you want and make your emoticons available again

IMPORTANT GAME DAY POSTING: On Game days, you can post about the game in the GAME DAY FORUM http://forums.colts....e/game_day.html or in the chat room Game talk in the Colts Forum will be locked during the game. Post game discussion threads: You can create them, please have a clear title. redundant threads will be merged or locked Let's keep this joint organized

#16 MAC

MAC

• 4767 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

I can post using Firefox but still nothing fancy

Did you read the above conversation?

#17 MAC

MAC

• 4767 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

The weird font is a sign that you are in the wrong mode.  

Click the little switch icon (upper left of your compose screen menu bar)

This will toggle it back into the mode you want and make your emoticons available again

I see something else about the change that is unfortunate. If you need to cut and paste a quote you have to shift into the basic mode, and in the process you lose the date stamp. I just experienced this with my reply to Princeton Tiger above (which I wouldn't have made, by the way, if I had realized that you were "patrolling" in the vicinity). I did the multi-quotes in the wrong order, flipped them, and no dates.

#18 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 17168 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

Did you read the above conversation?

yes using GC instead of Firefox

PrincetonTiger77

#19 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 6589 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

Wow

interesting

#20 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 17168 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

interesting

it was a test post to see if Firefox was working for me

PrincetonTiger77

#21 MAC

MAC

• 4767 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

yes using GC instead of Firefox

Well obviously you can use whatever browser you want. I was replying to your post about using Firefox in which you sounded like you were trying to use Firefox but had the same problem that I did. It works fine.

#22 Nadine

Nadine

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 7976 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

I see something else about the change that is unfortunate. If you need to cut and paste a quote you have to shift into the basic mode, and in the process you lose the date stamp. I just experienced this with my reply to Princeton Tiger above (which I wouldn't have made, by the way, if I had realized that you were "patrolling" in the vicinity). I did the multi-quotes in the wrong order, flipped them, and no dates.

thanks

I appreciate you letting me know how this works.  I know they intended some changes to the editor to make html easier and also to allow pasting without code possible

I must say I appreciate it when code is stripped out of pasted text

IMPORTANT GAME DAY POSTING: On Game days, you can post about the game in the GAME DAY FORUM http://forums.colts....e/game_day.html or in the chat room Game talk in the Colts Forum will be locked during the game. Post game discussion threads: You can create them, please have a clear title. redundant threads will be merged or locked Let's keep this joint organized

#23 MAC

MAC

• 4767 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:43 AM

thanks

I appreciate you letting me know how this works.  I know they intended some changes to the editor to make html easier and also to allow pasting without code possible

I must say I appreciate it when code is stripped out of pasted text

I'm confused. I know nothing about working with html, and I don't know what you mean by "allow pasting without code possible". I hadn't noticed code being IN any text I've pasted previously. If you are talking about something being copied from another website coming in with funky formatting, that never bothered me - just grab it all and change the font with one click. That was never as irritating as the following:

I just quoted someone and wanted to eliminate all but one line of their quote in order to save space and be clear about what I was responding to. People do this constantly. With the update, editing their quote locked the cursor into the quote box. The only way to get out was to shift to basic mode. I had to write my reply in basic mode, because shifting back to enhanced locked me into the box again. And of course once again the process lost me the date/time stamp, which is annoying because the information is useful.

Is all that a Firefox glitch, or an intended modification that is reflective of something that can be advantageous? I don't get it, and I'm finding it pretty frustrating. I still see people here and there who are clearly stuck in basic mode and don't know to get out. If people are having problems with that, what happens when people run into the quote editing issue? This isn't exactly intuitive.

#24 Nadine

Nadine

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 7976 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

I'm confused. I know nothing about working with html, and I don't know what you mean by "allow pasting without code possible". I hadn't noticed code being IN any text I've pasted previously. If you are talking about something being copied from another website coming in with funky formatting, that never bothered me - just grab it all and change the font with one click. That was never as irritating as the following:

I just quoted someone and wanted to eliminate all but one line of their quote in order to save space and be clear about what I was responding to. People do this constantly. With the update, editing their quote locked the cursor into the quote box. The only way to get out was to shift to basic mode. I had to write my reply in basic mode, because shifting back to enhanced locked me into the box again. And of course once again the process lost me the date/time stamp, which is annoying because the information is useful.

Is all that a Firefox glitch, or an intended modification that is reflective of something that can be advantageous? I don't get it, and I'm finding it pretty frustrating. I still see people here and there who are clearly stuck in basic mode and don't know to get out. If people are having problems with that, what happens when people run into the quote editing issue? This isn't exactly intuitive.

yeah I think that's how it's supposed to be

#25 MAC

MAC

• 4767 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:56 AM

yeah I think that's how it's supposed to be

Getting wierder. I tried editing a quote in another thread, and it did NOT lock me in the quote box. So I went back to the post that had given me difficulty, and the problem recurred. Perhaps quotes made prior to the update are coded differently - similar to my problem with the link in old notifications.

That's pretty wacky considering that the update brought not a single visible or functional change to the website.

#26 Nadine

Nadine

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 7976 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

Getting wierder. I tried editing a quote in another thread, and it did NOT lock me in the quote box. So I went back to the post that had given me difficulty, and the problem recurred. Perhaps quotes made prior to the update are coded differently - similar to my problem with the link in old notifications.

That's pretty wacky considering that the update brought not a single visible or functional change to the website. 

Do you mean you edited the content of a quote and that caused the the problem with not being able to move your cursor out of the quote you were editing?

#27 MAC

MAC

• 4767 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:43 AM

Do you mean you edited the content of a quote and that caused the the problem with not being able to move your cursor out of the quote you were editing?

That is correct. If I quote a long post I will often delete items that I'm not responding to. Sporadically since the update I have had a problem with not being able to get the cursor back down to the clean space below to write my comments.

In contrast to my previous post, this has now happen when quoting posts generated after the update as well as older ones - but it is inconsistent. When it happens you can resolve the problem by shifting to the other mode, but of course when you come back you lose the date and time stamp.

#28 Nadine

Nadine

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 7976 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:24 AM

That is correct. If I quote a long post I will often delete items that I'm not responding to. Sporadically since the update I have had a problem with not being able to get the cursor back down to the clean space below to write my comments.

In contrast to my previous post, this has now happen when quoting posts generated after the update as well as older ones - but it is inconsistent. When it happens you can resolve the problem by shifting to the other mode, but of course when you come back you lose the date and time stamp.

thanks Mac.  I have tried to replicate this issue but, since it is sporadic.......I have not been able to

I do know that in this update to the site, IP board is starting a transition code wise.  Transitions are always painful.  But on the upside, this company is always very good about fixing bugs so, my expectation is that as we move forward things will get better and better.

I will keep an eye on this.  Sounds like it has to do with that toggle button

#29 Nadine

Nadine

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 7976 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

I have been able to replicate this.  If I first switch modes and then put the cursor inside the quoted text and then switch back, I am not able to get out of the quote.

You are correct, when this happens, if you toggle to the code view, put your cursor after the end quote, toggle back to the not code view.......you are able to enter your post after the shortened quoted post.

So, it sounds like to me for some reason..........sometimes the site is confused as to which mode you are in.

This sort of thing has happened to me in the past, I'm not sure it's related to the upgrade.

I will keep an eye on it though.

Good news is you know how to get out of that mode

#30 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 6589 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

when in advanced mode, i get a message that i don't have permission to post images. they post fine in basic mode

not really a problem for me, just feedback. chrome user btw

#31 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 6589 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

it was a test post to see if Firefox was working for me

wow

#32 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 6589 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

just had the edit quote problem happen to me. i've managed to edit quotes since the upgrade so not sure what the deal is

#33 House

House
  • 6972 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

If its any help to the boards, I have been able to quote from my phone without problem today.

I don't know about others, but that's fixed for me at least :)
In another moment, down went Alice after it, never once considering how in the world she was to get out again.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      31 Oct
    southwest1

I was listening to CBS sideline Thursday Night Football reporter Tracy Wolfson talk about Saints WR Kenny Stills having to "tape up his groin" in the 2nd half & that phrase made me cringe because ankles I get, but tape & a sensitive region of the body doesn't sound all that wonderful to me. Enough said.

Show comments (4)
  • Photo
      31 Oct
    100GFB

Preparing for my second Indy trip. A stopover but a long trip none the less. I want a Colts victory but wonder what the Indy weather surprise me. Last year on my first trip to the LOS it was cold, my first trip this year it rained!

Show comments (2)
View All Updates