Photo

Just pray for those families in the Connecticut elementary school shooting

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#1 chad72

chad72
  • 9281 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

Gut wrenching that someone would open fire on little elementary school kids. What has the world come to? Cant make every building a fortress, cant take guns away from people either.

Just pray for them and all our children so that they grow up safe and realize their full potential in their lives.

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 AustinCollie17

AustinCollie17

• 2189 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

I would definitely retract that can't take guns away statement.
Waiting for the draft...

#3 Nadine

Nadine

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 7823 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

you guys, can we please not have another gun argument?

There is a lot of that on twitter right now, so if you feel like that, you may want to go there.

For parents, my concern is this.............why does this happen?  I understand general issues with kids who don't like the other kids at school............I don't really but, I can follow the flawed logic

This was just targeting innocents.  Little kids that had nothing to do with him.

IMPORTANT GAME DAY POSTING: On Game days, you can post about the game in the GAME DAY FORUM http://forums.colts....e/game_day.html or in the chat room Game talk in the Colts Forum will be locked during the game. Post game discussion threads: You can create them, please have a clear title. redundant threads will be merged or locked Let's keep this joint organized

#4 chad72

chad72
  • 9281 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

If you want some numbers to see if there are any patterns, they are as random as they can be:

http://www.slate.com..._very_very.html

An average of 6 school shootings happen every single year, based on those stats from 1979 to 2011, 191 shootings in American schools. That still is way too many, IMO. Which 6 will it be in 2013, it does make you wonder, doesn't it?

But I do wonder if the greater percentage of the school killings are done by those in the age group 25 and lower. Maybe it will help, maybe it wont but it would be worth looking closely at that age group, IMO. Most impressionable age when young minds make up their minds, for the good or bad, whatever it may be.

#5 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6750 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

you guys, can we please not have another gun argument?
There is a lot of that on twitter right now, so if you feel like that, you may want to go there.

For parents, my concern is this.............why does this happen? I understand general issues with kids who don't like the other kids at school............I don't really but, I can follow the flawed logic

This was just targeting innocents. Little kids that had nothing to do with him.

This happens because there is true evil in this world. Evil has no logic.

#6 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 16069 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

This really hits me hard

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#7 Nadine

Nadine

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 7823 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

Just so horribly sad.  And the opposite of every impulse we have toward our children.  We protect them.

IMPORTANT GAME DAY POSTING: On Game days, you can post about the game in the GAME DAY FORUM http://forums.colts....e/game_day.html or in the chat room Game talk in the Colts Forum will be locked during the game. Post game discussion threads: You can create them, please have a clear title. redundant threads will be merged or locked Let's keep this joint organized

#8 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 16069 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

So many Questions

PrincetonTiger77

#9 The Peytonator

The Peytonator
  • 2924 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

First time I've cried over a public shooting. I've been desensitized to this stuff, but this one hit me hard. I fear for humanity.

#10 DILLIGAFER

DILLIGAFER
  • Banned
  • 2154 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

I'm just sick. Just sick. I cannot imagine the pain the familes are going through. Praying for everyone.

#11 Gramz

Gramz
  • 3204 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

I can't begin to imagine.....

What a horrific and senseless act. Heartwrenching and Devastating.

My heart goes out to the parents, grandparents, and friends of these sweet, innocent vicitms.

There are NO words.......

Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude.  My Personality is who I am, My ATTITUDE depends on who you are.  

#12 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 16069 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

My sister who is a Kindergarten teacher was really hit hard by the incident

PrincetonTiger77

#13 Gramz

Gramz
  • 3204 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

My sister who is a Kindergarten teacher was really hit hard by the incident
I can relate.... Lauren is in her first year of teaching. When she came home today, I literally stopped what I was doing, and wrapped her in the biggest HUG. She's 22..... she cried, I cried... no words needed.

Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude.  My Personality is who I am, My ATTITUDE depends on who you are.  

#14 JPPT1974

JPPT1974
  • 261 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

Really you can't say words. As actions speak louder than words Gramz. Life is precious. Live every second that you have. As let us remember the victims and give them their just due and justice. And not the killer or killers themselves. And the parents that will not be having any kind of holiday of any kind. Not just for this year but for all years to come. :Cry:

New TV Season!

#15 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 16069 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

Newtown and Sandy Hook will never be the same.

PrincetonTiger77

#16 Coltsince4

Coltsince4
  • 749 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

What a tough day for dealing with death for me hearing about this mess and going to which I do from time to time which is, visit the sick

in hospitals. Had to visit after hearing this a friend of mines dieing mother who unless has a miracle may not be with us by tomorrow.

Sorry about this just venting. Sad day.....

#17 Warhorse

Warhorse
  • 3732 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

I am very angry about this. So selfish and cruel. Evil indeed.

I wish I could send comfort to those hurt by this sick act.

"Anyone a die harder fan? I will be there believing to the end. Who is with me?" Thread started by Steveeoaktree33 at 2:49 PM of the day the Colts executed the second largest comeback in NFL playoff history. Very few concurred.

#18 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 8196 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

For parents, my concern is this.............why does this happen?  I understand general issues with kids who don't like the other kids at school............I don't really but, I can follow the flawed logic

Nadine asks the key question.    And people have been asking it since practically the dawn of time.    And regrettably,  there are no good answers.    Why do bad things happen to good people?    To innocent people?     These questions have been asked by the smartest people on the planet and no one has ever come up with good answers.

But, if you look at some of the most notable shootings since 2000...   today in Connecticut...  the two shootings in Colorado,  Columbine and the movie theater in Aurora, and the one at Virginia Tech,  what they all seem to have in common to one degree or another is some type of mental illness.

-- Family of the shooter today describe him as not well.

-- The red haired 'joker' guy from the movie theater is clearly out of his mind.

-- The two teens who tried to shoot and blow up Columbine felt so picked on and persecuted that they snapped.  They didn't plan to survive.

-- The young adult who killed the students at Virginia Tech was also mentally unstable. 

How to explain how such trouble individuals all had access to this kind of fire power is indescribable. 

Wish I had words of wisdom....   I don't.    

I don't know how the families impacted by these tragedies move on.

As for the rest of us,  time heals our wounds...    that's what we have to hope for....

#19 Susie Q

Susie Q

If You Knew Susie

• 2849 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

Well I was never able to have children but I worked with children every day for many years at the Department of Children Services and our job was to try and protect children and then something like this happens and I just don't have words for my feelings right now. This is so sad that so many young innocent little children lost their lives by a very sick individual. From what I have heard there were some very good teachers that I'm sure saved many children from this individual so they didn't lose their lives as well. Thank god for the teachers quick response in doing so.

My prayers go out to everyone that went through this terrible event today.  May all those children and adults that lost their lives RIP because they are in gods arms now.

#20 amazingcolts

amazingcolts
  • 385 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

I'm just lost for words. I'm not sure what to think anymore...

#21 coltsrule91

coltsrule91
  • 8421 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

i cant fanthem how someone can do this. their just innocent children that have done nothing to deserve this. its truly a sad and tragic day.

its not T.Y its T.watttttttttt WHAT DID T JUST DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#22 Emma

Emma
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:10 AM

They're saying that the killer had a form of autism. I highly doubt that has anything to do with it though.

#23 CardiacColts

CardiacColts
  • 546 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:34 AM

Being a teacher, the thought of such heinous acts just sickens me. I found out at school yesterday and couldn't help but cringe. There are no excuses for such terrible deeds. What troubles me the most is that I cannot think of one single realistic way to prevent this. If a parent of a child gets buzzed through the front door they are granted access to the office. Once in there, there isn't much in the way of defenses to stop an armed lunatic. Even if a resource officer were placed in every school, that doesn't assure the prevention of another situation like this. Tragic, just tragic. Such a waste of young, innocent lives. There better be a special place in the afterlife reserved for individuals like this.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?" -Vince Lombardi

#24 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 16069 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:53 AM

Being a teacher, the thought of such heinous acts just sickens me. I found out at school yesterday and couldn't help but cringe. There are no excuses for such terrible deeds. What troubles me the most is that I cannot think of one single realistic way to prevent this. If a parent of a child gets buzzed through the front door they are granted access to the office. Once in there, there isn't much in the way of defenses to stop an armed lunatic. Even if a resource officer were placed in every school, that doesn't assure the prevention of another situation like this. Tragic, just tragic. Such a waste of young, innocent lives. There better be a special place in the afterlife reserved for individuals like this.

I found out at a school event

PrincetonTiger77

#25 DILLIGAFER

DILLIGAFER
  • Banned
  • 2154 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Emma" data-cid="360210" data-time="1355562654"><p>
They're saying that the killer had a form of autism. I highly doubt that has anything to do with it though.</p></blockquote>

I'd say his autism did in fact play a role as well as the reported Personality Disorder.
I had a friend who's son is a high functioning autistic.. they just dont rationalize the same way. Imo

Frankly the more we try to rationalize what this guy did, the more confused we will become. There is no rationalizing what he did.

God bless the little ones.

#26 teganslaw

teganslaw
  • 342 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

I have no words right now. I'm at a loss on how we can protect others; it seems that schools are suppose to be safe. There is evil in the world-this shooting was an example. I guess the heading of this post says it all: just pray for the families.

#27 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 16069 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

I have no words right now. I'm at a loss on how we can protect others; it seems that schools are suppose to be safe. There is evil in the world-this shooting was an example. I guess the heading of this post says it all: just pray for the families.

ditto

PrincetonTiger77

#28 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 16069 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

The media(ABC) has released the names of the victims

PrincetonTiger77

#29 bayone

bayone

bayone

• 7005 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:21 AM

Gut wrenching that someone would open fire on little elementary school kids. What has the world come to? Cant make every building a fortress, cant take guns away from people either.

Just pray for them and all our children so that they grow up safe and realize their full potential in their lives.

amen

Forgive any typos, try to catch, but have multiple progressive disabilities

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      30 Sep
    Gramz

The ability to speak several languages is an asset...but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is PRICELESS

Show comments (6)
View All Updates