Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What if we win!? (Interrobang)

Archer

The Colts have probably been the best story in the NFL this year. The best teams in the league have now faltered a couple of times, so there's no talk about any team being historically good. The Peyton Manning story has been big, and the rookie QBs have been fun to follow. But, as good as the Colts' season has already been, what if they win this Texans game? Honestly, they've done some very improbably comebacks already, so it's not improssible that they put together a complete game and pull out a victory in Houston. And if that happens, the last game in Indy against the Texans will likely be a winner-takes-all battle for the division. A few short weeks ago, the Texans had the easy romp into the #1 seed, and no one thought the Colts were a real threat to go to the playoffs. It would be an improbable win at Houston, but this becomes a much better story if the Colts pull it out!

What if we lose? :omg:  Not saying we will, but here is a 50% chance. I just hope everyone on the forum doesn't flip out and call for players/coaches heads. This is a game we are supposed to lose so keep that in mind. Really hoping for a W, but am prepared for an L. Before you burn me at the stake keep in mind I tend to be more optimistic when it comes to our Colts.

The Colts have probably been the best story in the NFL this year. The best teams in the league have now faltered a couple of times, so there's no talk about any team being historically good. The Peyton Manning story has been big, and the rookie QBs have been fun to follow. But, as good as the Colts' season has already been, what if they win this Texans game? Honestly, they've done some very improbably comebacks already, so it's not improssible that they put together a complete game and pull out a victory in Houston. And if that happens, the last game in Indy against the Texans will likely be a winner-takes-all battle for the division. A few short weeks ago, the Texans had the easy romp into the #1 seed, and no one thought the Colts were a real threat to go to the playoffs. It would be an improbable win at Houston, but this becomes a much better story if the Colts pull it out!

Our last two games in Houston have not gone well. We're a completely different team now so it's going to be very interesting to see how we handle it. Honestly, I'm more concerned about keeping Andrew healthy than the outcome of this game.

We know the D isn't that good (understatement), so our only chance of winning is keeping Luck safe and playing mistake free.

BTW, I had to look up 'interrobang'. So I did learn something today. Thanks!

What if we lose? :omg:  Not saying we will, but here is a 50% chance. I just hope everyone on the forum doesn't flip out and call for players/coaches heads. This is a game we are supposed to lose so keep that in mind. Really hoping for a W, but am prepared for an L. Before you burn me at the stake keep in mind I tend to be more optimistic when it comes to our Colts.

Anyone that "Flips Out" regardless of the score needs to be ignored.  We have already surpassed anything PEYTON OR ANY OTHER ROOKIE QB HAS ACCOMPLISHED IN THEIR ROOKIE YEAR.   Our rookie QB is surround by rookies, including rookie head coach, GM, and rookie interim head coach. This is more than the story of the year, it may be the best story in NFL history....

Enjoy this team and the moment, be thankful you aren't a Jags fan and look forward to a great future for this team. 

Anyone that "Flips Out" regardless of the score needs to be ignored.  We have already surpassed anything PEYTON OR ANY OTHER ROOKIE QB HAS ACCOMPLISHED IN THEIR ROOKIE YEAR.   Our rookie QB is surround by rookies, including rookie head coach, GM, and rookie interim head coach. This is more than the story of the year, it may be the best story in NFL history....

Enjoy this team and the moment, be thankful you aren't a Jags fan and look forward to a great future for this team. 

Solid post. Well done.

Seriously, is that you or Woody Herrelson in your avitar?

This game would be nice to win, but either way there is nothing to complain about. This team has WELL exceeded expectations and the people who complain about this team after every loss are either hopeless pestimists or aren't Colts fans at all. No doubt this team needs work, but this should have been a rebuilding year, this team shouldn't have 9 wins, it was expected to have 5-6 at best, by most experts. Just being in the playoffs this year will be nothing short of amazing.

Edited by Corndog

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Gavin" data-cid="360152" data-time="1355538429"><p>

Not impossible, I entertained the idea twice now. Regardless it will be fun to watch.......although very tough to watch on the other hand if we get blown out</p></blockquote>

haha man I have a good feeling the night before. I think we win tomorrow. I really do.

If we win we are in the playoffs and all the pressure in the world goes on the Texans the rest of the season.  Should we beat KC the following week the last game of the season becomes an AFC South Title game.  The Texans would once again be slumping in December and facing questions about if they could win in December or would they once again be a let down.  They would also becoming to Indianapolis a place where they have never won needing to win to win the South and oh by the way that's the target for Pagano's return which means there will be one jacked monster wearing blue that Sunday.  I also think Gary Kubiak's job would be on the line.  If they were to play themselves out of homefield in the playoffs and all the way down to a wildcard team that might very well do him in baring a major run in the playoffs. 

For the Colts they have a shot to complete maybe the most remarkable turnaround in NFL history.  To go from 2-14 to 12-4 (which would be possible) would be amazing when you factor in everything else we over came in the process.  We would have our playoff spot which to many would already be gravy so this would be extra big gravy.