Photo

What if we win!? (Interrobang)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#1 Archer

Archer
  • 535 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

The Colts have probably been the best story in the NFL this year. The best teams in the league have now faltered a couple of times, so there's no talk about any team being historically good. The Peyton Manning story has been big, and the rookie QBs have been fun to follow. But, as good as the Colts' season has already been, what if they win this Texans game? Honestly, they've done some very improbably comebacks already, so it's not improssible that they put together a complete game and pull out a victory in Houston. And if that happens, the last game in Indy against the Texans will likely be a winner-takes-all battle for the division. A few short weeks ago, the Texans had the easy romp into the #1 seed, and no one thought the Colts were a real threat to go to the playoffs. It would be an improbable win at Houston, but this becomes a much better story if the Colts pull it out!

"I am the chill that's in the air."

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 Buck Showalter

Buck Showalter
  • 2410 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

The Football Gods have already been extremely kind to us... With that said, I see no reason for them to stop now!!!

#3 Stephen

Stephen
  • 2854 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:01 PM

May the force be with us lol

#4 corgi

corgi
  • 2671 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

What if we lose? :omg:  Not saying we will, but here is a 50% chance. I just hope everyone on the forum doesn't flip out and call for players/coaches heads. This is a game we are supposed to lose so keep that in mind. Really hoping for a W, but am prepared for an L. Before you burn me at the stake keep in mind I tend to be more optimistic when it comes to our Colts.

#5 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7466 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

The Colts have probably been the best story in the NFL this year. The best teams in the league have now faltered a couple of times, so there's no talk about any team being historically good. The Peyton Manning story has been big, and the rookie QBs have been fun to follow. But, as good as the Colts' season has already been, what if they win this Texans game? Honestly, they've done some very improbably comebacks already, so it's not improssible that they put together a complete game and pull out a victory in Houston. And if that happens, the last game in Indy against the Texans will likely be a winner-takes-all battle for the division. A few short weeks ago, the Texans had the easy romp into the #1 seed, and no one thought the Colts were a real threat to go to the playoffs. It would be an improbable win at Houston, but this becomes a much better story if the Colts pull it out!

Our last two games in Houston have not gone well. We're a completely different team now so it's going to be very interesting to see how we handle it. Honestly, I'm more concerned about keeping Andrew healthy than the outcome of this game.

We know the D isn't that good (understatement), so our only chance of winning is keeping Luck safe and playing mistake free.

BTW, I had to look up 'interrobang'. So I did learn something today. Thanks!

#6 Old Colt

Old Colt
  • 267 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

What if we lose? :omg:  Not saying we will, but here is a 50% chance. I just hope everyone on the forum doesn't flip out and call for players/coaches heads. This is a game we are supposed to lose so keep that in mind. Really hoping for a W, but am prepared for an L. Before you burn me at the stake keep in mind I tend to be more optimistic when it comes to our Colts.

Anyone that "Flips Out" regardless of the score needs to be ignored.  We have already surpassed anything PEYTON OR ANY OTHER ROOKIE QB HAS ACCOMPLISHED IN THEIR ROOKIE YEAR.   Our rookie QB is surround by rookies, including rookie head coach, GM, and rookie interim head coach. This is more than the story of the year, it may be the best story in NFL history....

Enjoy this team and the moment, be thankful you aren't a Jags fan and look forward to a great future for this team. 

#7 BodaciousBryce

BodaciousBryce
  • Community Moderator
  • 606 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

We'll be 10-4, quintupling our wins of last year and we'll be in the playoffs.

We'll probably lose 3 spots on power rankings because of the Media doesn't like the Colts, and our wins are just flukes. <Joking,

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノRAISE YOUR BORTLES ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ 

#8 Warhorse

Warhorse
  • 3732 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

Anyone that "Flips Out" regardless of the score needs to be ignored.  We have already surpassed anything PEYTON OR ANY OTHER ROOKIE QB HAS ACCOMPLISHED IN THEIR ROOKIE YEAR.   Our rookie QB is surround by rookies, including rookie head coach, GM, and rookie interim head coach. This is more than the story of the year, it may be the best story in NFL history....

Enjoy this team and the moment, be thankful you aren't a Jags fan and look forward to a great future for this team. 

Solid post. Well done.

"Anyone a die harder fan? I will be there believing to the end. Who is with me?" Thread started by Steveeoaktree33 at 2:49 PM of the day the Colts executed the second largest comeback in NFL playoff history. Very few concurred.

#9 basketballsteve

basketballsteve
  • 1039 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

If we lose on Sunday the sun will come up on Monday and I will drink coffee on Monday morning. Also we get another chance to beat the Texans in 2 weeks.

#10 basketballsteve

basketballsteve
  • 1039 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

Forgot to say if we win on Sunday the sun will come up on Monday morning and I will drink coffee. Also the Texans will get another chance to beat us in 2 weeks.

#11 basketballsteve

basketballsteve
  • 1039 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

There will be no flipping out at my house.

#12 Emma

Emma
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

I think we all know we're going to lose. :P

If we win, we'll all be happy. If not, I don't think any of us will flip out.

#13 jemack

jemack
  • 913 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

Seriously, is that you or Woody Herrelson in your avitar?

#14 Corndog

Corndog
  • 424 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

This game would be nice to win, but either way there is nothing to complain about. This team has WELL exceeded expectations and the people who complain about this team after every loss are either hopeless pestimists or aren't Colts fans at all. No doubt this team needs work, but this should have been a rebuilding year, this team shouldn't have 9 wins, it was expected to have 5-6 at best, by most experts. Just being in the playoffs this year will be nothing short of amazing.

Edited by Corndog, 14 December 2012 - 08:01 PM.

#15 houstonwhodat

houstonwhodat
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

The Football Gods have already been extremely kind to us... With that said, I see no reason for them to stop now!!!

#16 buccolts

buccolts
  • 2154 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

What you've just said is one of the most insanely *ic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

#17 buccolts

buccolts
  • 2154 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

What you've just said is one of the most insanely *ic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

#18 Archer

Archer
  • 535 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

Ha, ha. That's Lane Staley on my avatar.

"I am the chill that's in the air."

#19 Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

Ha, ha. That's Lane Staley on my avatar.

#20 Hendo12

Hendo12
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

Would it not be something if we ran the table? Lol
A Wolfpack Of One

#21 JustAColtsFan

JustAColtsFan
  • 358 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

It's like when they ask the parents to be if they want a boy or a girl and they say "we don't care as long as he/she is healthy.  Well, I don't care if we win or lose Sunday as long as Andrew is healthy ;)

:coltshorse:  He's Back, Lets Hunt - "CHUCKSTRONG"  :coltslogo: 

#22 Gavin

Gavin
  • 18188 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

Would it not be something if we ran the table? Lol

Not impossible, I entertained the idea twice now. Regardless it will be fun to watch.......although very tough to watch on the other hand if we get blown out

#23 Stephen

Stephen
  • 2854 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:07 AM

I think we can run the table and get to superbowl lol

#24 Kenny

Kenny
  • 1219 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:04 AM

Not impossible, I entertained the idea twice now. Regardless it will be fun to watch.......although very tough to watch on the other hand if we get blown out

#25 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

Off IR but on to the PUP list

• Forum Moderator
  • 3374 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

We're in the playoffs‽

“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.” -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#26 Hendo12

Hendo12
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Gavin" data-cid="360152" data-time="1355538429"><p>
Not impossible, I entertained the idea twice now. Regardless it will be fun to watch.......although very tough to watch on the other hand if we get blown out</p></blockquote>

haha man I have a good feeling the night before. I think we win tomorrow. I really do.
A Wolfpack Of One

#27 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

A Win against the Texans would be huge.

It would show we could beat a good team.

It would show we could beat a good team on the road.

It would mean we are in the playoffs.

It would mean we could still win the division.

“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#28 MB-ColtsFan

MB-ColtsFan

Formerly NJColtsFan

• 978 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

This is the first game that, if we win, no player will be able to say "we still haven't done anything yet". They win and they're in. That's huge for this team!

IF we win I want to see how the coaches keep them focused. KC would then be abig trap game.
-d.

#29 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13677 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

If we win we are in the playoffs and all the pressure in the world goes on the Texans the rest of the season.  Should we beat KC the following week the last game of the season becomes an AFC South Title game.  The Texans would once again be slumping in December and facing questions about if they could win in December or would they once again be a let down.  They would also becoming to Indianapolis a place where they have never won needing to win to win the South and oh by the way that's the target for Pagano's return which means there will be one jacked monster wearing blue that Sunday.  I also think Gary Kubiak's job would be on the line.  If they were to play themselves out of homefield in the playoffs and all the way down to a wildcard team that might very well do him in baring a major run in the playoffs. 

For the Colts they have a shot to complete maybe the most remarkable turnaround in NFL history.  To go from 2-14 to 12-4 (which would be possible) would be amazing when you factor in everything else we over came in the process.  We would have our playoff spot which to many would already be gravy so this would be extra big gravy. 

Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#30 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

Off IR but on to the PUP list

• Forum Moderator
  • 3374 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:30 AM

Then we are in the playoffs

“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.” -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      22 Oct
    MOB

Girl I'm interested likes the Steelers, maybe this will be an interesting Sunday when the time comes.

Show comments (2)
  • Photo
      21 Oct
    Bogie

Golden Dawn comes tonight, Ministry marathan before Halloween

Show comments (6)
View All Updates