Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lance.acres

*Another* great article about this team!

15 posts in this topic

Nice read.

What a great story about the team. Even fans who don't like us, can like the story of the Colts this year.

Nice read.

What a great story about the team. Even fans who don't like us, can like the story of the Colts this year.

I don't. :) Lol jk man. The Colts have definitely far exceeded expectations, especially if they reach the playoffs. :applause:

1 person likes this

i think this will give added reason for the colts to win out for pagano. we go to houston and win, beat the chiefs, and then pagano is back to lead us to a division title. story book is what this season is.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="TKnight85" data-cid="360243" data-time="1355584780"><p>

Another member on the Bandwagon I suppose. Good article though</p></blockquote>

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Woman has to know her place....
    • As far as I know, Eminem is the only rapper to list his favorite rappers in a song.   His top rappers are:   1.  Reggie  (His uncle) 2.  Jay-Z 3. Tupac 4.  Biggie 5.  Andre 3000 6.  Jada 7.  Kurupt 8.  Nas 9.  Eminem   Being last does not offend him, he made the list.   Either way, the spirit of God lives in us.
    • Very sad... He was a part of so many amazing tunes.   
    • I don't like anything about Frank Sinatra, tbh.    His music was before my time, but I enjoy a lot of other music and film from that era. I'm from the Midwest and it's hard for me to relate to those songs. They all seem to have a New York/Vegas feel to them (and not in a good, Sonic Youth way). A lot of it seems... insincere, for lack of a better word. I kind of compare it to today's teen bop bubble gum type music where the personality and public persona and "coolness" factor of the artist are as important as the actual music. However, like I said, I wasn't alive at the time to know whether that is the case or not.   Maybe I just don't get it (like many people don't get rap or jazz) but what Sinatra did doesn't sound like singing to me. He didn't seem to have any vocal range. He didn't play instruments (that I know of) or dance. It's really bewildering to me that he is such a cultural icon.    His persona is grating, to me. I never like performers whose image is rich/smooth/connected. Just not my cup of tea.    It also seems to me that Sinatra wasn't that great of a guy, either. I know that there is a culture gap between his generation and mine, so I won't judge him too harshly about what his social views were w/ regard to race and gender equality, but his coziness with organized crime figures ( ie murderers) is troubling.   All of this is just my opinion, of course. I'm not a Frank Sinatra expert, by any means. He just appears, to me, as the antithesis of everything that I enjoy about art.   He's on my short list (along with Gene Simmons, Andy Warhol, L. Ron Hubbard, Ronald Reagan) of sainted cultural icons who didn't actually contribute anything of value to their respective fields. Again, jmo... your definition of value might differ from mine. 
    • Not to mean this in an argumentative way but the changes in the Colts winning ways was started by Harbaugh. We were one play from reaching the super bowl against the Steelers. Take away the illegal TD that Stewart caught and that game may have had a different turn out.
  • Welcome New Members

•   Sorry to keep harping on the Irish thing, but did you know the horseshoe has seven points on it?  (The Colts horseshoe, anyway.  Actual shoes for horses depend on the farrier).   Seven is considered a lucky number...  Lucky.  Luck.  I'm telling you, you picked the right team to root for.   7    
    •   Don't hold Boston against the Irish.  It's not our fault.    We love our green, which makes Indiana a tearmann.   I love it that you chose to root for an underdog instead of the Pats.  I don't think it's coincidence that you became a fan around the time Luck got drafted to the Colts.  That's providence.     Horseshoe?  Luck?  Four-leaf clover?  Come on.  Hoosier Hospitality has roots in Irish fun-lovery.  If you're lucky enough to be Irish, you're lucky enough!  May the luck of the Irish be with you!  
  • Members

• CR91

CR91 4,947

• Nadine

Nadine 4,899

Administrators
    • WoolMagnet

WoolMagnet 1,135

• BOTT

BOTT 9,406

• ClaytonColt

ClaytonColt 195

• coltsfeva

coltsfeva 322

• Peterk2011

Peterk2011 32

• cdgacoltsfan

cdgacoltsfan 216

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.