Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Houston writer rips andrew luck again!

coming on strong

sounds like a smartbutt, that either hasnt watched Luck play or hasnt paid attention. like one of those people willing to make a bet without knowing the rules of the bet to begin with. ignorant. i get it, he gets a lot of praise and attention for being a rookie, guess what . . .its deserved. kid is for reelz

I don't blame him, he's probably ticked off that the Colts go from Manning to Luck and the Texans have to endure another 14 years of competition. He probably wanted the Colts to be in reconstruction mode and to suck for 4-5 years. Sometimes that shocks people when things don't go he way they like.

I don't blame him, he's probably ticked off that the Colts go from Manning to Luck and the Texans have to endure another 14 years of complete domination from the hands of the Colts. He probably wanted the Colts to be in reconstruction mode and to suck for 4-5 years. Sometimes that shocks people when things don't go he way they like.

Fixed it for ya. :thmup:

His articles make the Bleacher report (which I would guess is his utlimate career goal) look like the NY Times or BBC.

I assume (but who knows?) that he is trying to be funny, but totally failing .....

....I can't believe that there are that many worthless sports writers (he's got a long way to go to rise to the bottom where he'll find Bayless, Whitlock, etc)

It appears the rag he writes for is the kind of free tabloid you pick up and skim while in Qdoba or Panera, then throw out with the trash. Like Kravitz, he writes to incite, and thus succeeds when you pick up a paper copy of his his rag, or give him a page hit.

Houston's sports history is that of losing. And as the fifth largest metropolitan area in the US, it has to be devastating to not remotely be discussed in the same way as NY, LA, Chicago, Philly, DC, SF, and worse for them, even Dallas. Add to this inferiority complex the fact the Colts have owned the AFC South since Houston (who couldn't keep their first few teams even with a metropolitan area as vast as it is) came back to the NFL, and the petty, small, and petulant tone doesn't surprise me. It's still a cow-town, even with all that oil money. Maybe the writer should just go back to shopping for really big belt buckles and animal husbandry gloves.

Hi everyone I'm new here.

First off I am a die hard Saints fan as you can tell by my handle.

But I am also a Peyton Manning fan and I live here in Houston.

All I can tell you is that whether they are saying it or not, people here (media included) are very worried about this game coming up and about Andrew Luck in general.

The Texans have never had an elite quarterback and they still don't.

They have pretty much been owned by the Colts ever since Peyton was there and now that Luck is there the same will continue.

They already know that Luck is better than Schaub and he's just a rookie! He's only going to get better especially after you get some help on the O line.

I hope Luck destroys the Texans.

Go Colts.

All I can tell you is that whether they are saying it or not, people here (media included) are very worried about this game coming up and about Andrew Luck in general.

They have pretty much been owned by the Colts ever since Peyton was there and now that Luck is there the same will continue.

They already know that Luck is better than Schaub and he's just a rookie! He's only going to get better especially after you get some help on the O line.

Go Colts.

Welcome and thanks for a constructive post!

I don't know that we will own the Texans this year (though hope so) - but certainly expect it next year!

Cheers :)

Go Colts.

Houston's own Anna Megan Raley... on the DD show, DD had no game for her. She is the coolest lady in all of sports talk radio... And she taught A Luck "all he know's" ... hehehe

http://www.1070thefan.com/podcast/Episodes.aspx?PID=2155

Why are they interviewing her?

She works at 610 doing what I don't know.

And she's basically a Texans groupie.

Double D saw her at the Super Bowl last year and fell in love with her. Sersiously he first had her on because he kept telling his producer to grab her because he wanted to interview her because he thought she was hot.

With that said the few times I've heard her on his show she does know her stuff and does a good job and was able to give people the low down on Luck before we took him. She is 100% in Luck's corner and has been saying since the Super Bowl that Luck was the no brainer choice for the top overall pick and she had covered both him and RG3.

his picture on the site says it all...

I don't listen to middle aged dorks who you can look at and tell have never played a down in their life...

this guy's a Melvin.. lol

I agree.. he is .... nevermind..

Heeh.... I guess you do not know who DD is...

He is the man who stopped Michael Jordan.... I won't give the stiff any more love...

Why is everybody (seemingly) giving this attention seeking hack job the time of day in giving his thoughts on Luck (or any article that he writes seemingly in such poor taste)or anything Colts related? pointless article by a FOOL that just wants to stir the pot while making money doing it....The timing of this article should not fool anyone.....12-13-12

He saw what Luck did to Detroit, didn't he say we were going to get splattered in the previous article? I don't know but he is right out of the mop-bucket I use to clean my scummy bathroom here in my van down by the river. I wish nothing but mouse droppings on his bed sheets for Christmas.

Go Colts.

Worried? I don't think so. I don't know what part of the town you live in but no, I don't think many people here are worried at all, for various reasons. 12 is in no way better than Schaub, by any stretch of the imagination. If we win the SB this year, and next year, Schaub still wouldn't get any respect, so I don't care about the whole elite label. Guess what? The Bulls on Parade are only going to get better too. And to think...so many people doubt us and think we are incomplete and not true contenders, when we are 11-2. Imagine what our record would be if we are really contenders? 500-0? I think the "destroying" will be coming from the other side, if we want to talk "destroying". How's your team doing again this year? I see that their elite quarterback is doing things to make the people of New Orleans proud.

Houston's sports history is that of losing. And as the fifth largest metropolitan area in the US, it has to be devastating to not remotely be discussed in the same way as NY, LA, Chicago, Philly, DC, SF, and worse for them, even Dallas. Add to this inferiority complex the fact the Colts have owned the AFC South since Houston (who couldn't keep their first few teams even with a metropolitan area as vast as it is) came back to the NFL, and the petty, small, and petulant tone doesn't surprise me. It's still a cow-town, even with all that oil money. Maybe the writer should just go back to shopping for really big belt buckles and animal husbandry gloves.

4th largest city, actually. We don't want to be discussed, and we definitely don't need the media circus that comes with the Cowboys or Jets or Eagles as we all see how that turned out for those teams this year. Cow town? Yeah, dude. We still ride horses, drink moonshine, use outhouses, and wrestle pigs down here. You should come on down, I'm sure you'll have fun. Oh stereotypes. They never get old.

Why is everybody (seemingly) giving this attention seeking hack job the time of day in giving his thoughts on Luck (or any article that he writes seemingly in such poor taste)or anything Colts related? pointless article by a FOOL that just wants to stir the pot while making money doing it....The timing of this article should not fool anyone.....12-13-12

I know, really. QuizBoy just wants to stir things up here, or maybe it's his cousin. Regardless, the next person to bring up this hack of a writer should be banned.

Ummmmm "Cow Town" is Fort Worth, Texas. Sorry, TCU thing. But yeah, wrong city buddy

Get back to me when Schaub wins a playoff game. Then we will talk. And don't come back with "Luck hasn't won one" bc he hasn't had the chance to, being a rookie. Sure we got pasted by the Pats, but at least we kept it a game for a half...and we weren't expected to do anything this season. What is your excuse for the "Bull on Parade" getting Pamplona'd by the Pats? You had the big 11-1 record....

Get back to me when Schaub wins a playoff game. Then we will talk. And don't come back with "Luck hasn't won one" bc he hasn't had the chance to, being a rookie. Sure we got pasted by the Pats, but at least we kept it a game for a half...and we weren't expected to do anything this season. What is your excuse for the "Bull on Parade" getting Pamplona'd by the Pats? You had the big 11-1 record....

Yeah, it's Schaub's fault he went out with an injury before he could get to the postseason last year. We'll be seeing a win this year, I think. You let them put up 59...yeah that's keeping it a game. 11-2 now, buddy, soon to be 12-2, if I'm looking at my crystal ball right...By the way, still the best record in the AFC. Just putting that out there for ya.