Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chad72

Rob Parker opens his mouth again, and this time ill advised, about RG3

41 posts in this topic

I hate anything that is racially motivated whether it comes from a white person or a black person. Until people can lose this kind of nonsensical attitude, this kind of crap is never going to end.

4 people like this

What an *. this talk really goes on still?!!!! i mean growing up i would get that question because i did not talk with ebonics or because i did not dress a certain way. or hang out with a bunch of people my race or that i actually went to college. But this guy bringing up his soon to be wife... maybe he should go outside his house more often or watch mtv... he will probably see that there are more interracial relationships than just the one he sees rg3 in.

1 person likes this

What an *. this talk really goes on still?!!!! i mean growing up i would get that question because i did not talk with ebonics or because i did not dress a certain way. or hang out with a bunch of people my race or that i actually went to college. But this guy bringing up his soon to be wife... maybe he should go outside his house more often or watch mtv... he will probably see that there are more interracial relationships than just the one he sees rg3 in.

I agree, this kind of crap Parker said is just not needed at all has nothing to do with RG3 as a football player. I am a 41 yr. old white dude and I'll admit I have no idea what a "cornball brother" is, but to me it just sounds stupid. I'm not even a fan of RG3 really but he shouldn't be subjected to this kind of attitude simply because he's engaged to a white girl and whatever else he meant from his stupid comment.

I agree, this kind of crap Parker said is just not needed at all has nothing to do with RG3 as a football player. I am a 41 yr. old white dude and I'll admit I have no idea what a "cornball brother" is, but to me it just sounds stupid. I'm not even a fan of RG3 really but he shouldn't be subjected to this kind of attitude simply because he's engaged to a white girl and whatever else he meant from his stupid comment.

I have no Idea what a "cornball brother" is and honestly think he just made it up to mean "whitewashed" or the dreaded "N" word. My kids are mixed and are beautiful. It's just makes me shake my head because honestly you hear "black" america complain about racism being a factor in things but it seems they are the main ones unwilling to take a step in trying to rid of it. Not trying to turn this into a debate of a divided america or anything. just sad to see of all people to question a persons "real ethnicity"...it would be one of the same race. this guy makes himself out to look like the real meaning of the "N" word.

5 people like this

Can't begin to tell you how disappointing all this is. Not surprising, but disappointing. Rob Parker is not a very bright guy and he just displayed that for the whole world to see.

Who gets to decide if someone is black enough? And what's the criteria? Is having some blood in you other than black the determining fact? White, hispanic, Indian? Is it how you speak? How you dress? Who you marry? Who you're friends with? Where you live, the racial make-up of the neighborhood? How about your hair? Afro or straight? Are Halle Berry, Beyonce Knowles, Alicia Keyes and Vanessa Williams not black enough because their hair is straight? Really? Seriously?

I mean, this is insanity! And incredibly unhealthy.

You are who you are and no one gets to say otherwise. Not you. Not me. Certainly not Rob Parker. Not anyone.

This is 2012, is that really too hard a concept to wrap your head around? Apparently it is for people like Parker. Fortunately, others have weighed in and called him out. Good for Stephen A Smith and others for doing so.

Sheesh!! Who'da thunk it...?? You know what this gets, don't you?!?

:facepalm: :slaphead: :facepalm::loco::facepalm: :slaphead: :facepalm::loco::facepalm: :slaphead: :facepalm::loco::facepalm: :slaphead:

I have no Idea what a "cornball brother" is and honestly think he just made it up to mean "whitewashed" or the dreaded "N" word. My kids are mixed and are beautiful. It's just makes me shake my head because honestly you hear "black" america complain about racism being a factor in things but it seems they are the main ones unwilling to take a step in trying to rid of it. Not trying to turn this into a debate of a divided america or anything. just sad to see of all people to question a persons "real ethnicity"...it would be one of the same race. this guy makes himself out to look like the real meaning of the "N" word.

Don't be a cornball.

:lol:

I guess the President is the product of a "cornball brother" too, huh, Parker???

Parker is very much like Jalen Rose who called Grant Hill Uncle Tom because Grant Hill grew up in a 2 parent household, something that a lot of fortunate kids get to do around the country. He has a myopic vision of what people of his race should be, cannot extend his horizon and thinks that others of his race should conform to what "he thinks" they should live life like. Talk about narrow minded, that is the very definition, IMO.

Hey Mr. Parker, it is a bigger wonderful world out there, better than what you want to be part of, and something you are not obviously qualified to talk about.

2 people like this

I have no idea what a "cornball brother"

I was born and raised in the "black community" and I've never heard the term cornball brother..lol. Sometimes, I truly believe that some people shouldn't have an avenue to present their foolishness to the world. Down for the cause? I see a lot of people bashing him but honestly, I would truly love to have real dialogue with him about this, just to see what angle he was approaching this at.

I might sound dumb for this but I don't know who Rob Parker is and it doesn't sound like I am missing anything by that fact.

I used to like Rob Parker. Then I saw that link and the video in it. I no longer have respect for him.

Man that had to be hard to watch :facepalm:

1 person likes this

Bayless has done far worse...

Rob will keep his job. and in about 2 or 3 months never be seen again.

No drama .. just business...

I used to like Rob Parker. Then I saw that link and the video in it. I no longer have respect for him.

That * is the alpha clown of that show. ...

Don't be a cornball.

:lol:

I agree, I think RGiii is literally a cornball. I agree with Parker's assertion. RGiii is literally corn, in which is rolled up into a ball. I don't see what the problem is here.

It's like thinking Kanye West is not a gay fish. Clearly he is.

Er.... Hmmmmm

2 people like this

I agree, I think RGiii is literally a cornball. I agree with Parker's assertion. RGiii is literally corn, in which is rolled up into a ball. I don't see what the problem is here.

Er.... Hmmmmm

Do you like fishsticks?

1 person likes this

I laughed. :)

This is one of those times you just shake your head and walk away. Griff's a good kid...doesn't need this kind of crap. heck no one does.

1 person likes this

I figured that would be something that Baseless would say but at least he was "smart" enough not to let some dribble like that come out of his mouth. Wow can't believe in this day and age there is not only still blatant racism and to top it off we have someone saying they aren't "black" enough or "white" enough. . . .smh You would think that in 2012(about to be 2013) we could get past this. . . . .

Rob Parker......Where to start? Not enough time on this planet to talk about him and it's just a waste of time giving him attention...

complete trash. where does this guy think he has the right to make an *ic comment like that

I guess I missed the memo that black guys are supposed to be thugs, hang out with their dogfighting friends from back in the day, have tattoos all over, gold teeth, and pronounce the word 'ask' as 'axe'. Apparently having a sense of decency and not being a Cam Newton egocentric * is a bad thing.

I like RG3 because he isn't a thug player. He is classy in every sense of the word and you can hear it in the way he addresses the media. Truly *ic sentiment from Rob Parker....and I always thought he was alright.

1 person likes this

I think Rob is just jealous that Griffin has a looker for a fiancee. haha Yeah, America is never going to change...just when you think racism isn't as obvious and can't poke it's way into national media, it does. Oh well. That's the world I guess.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/14/rob-parker-thinks-his-critics-are-uneducated-and-silly/

He's holding firm.

He think's your uneducated and silly if you took offense to his racism.

Oh well, he got his attention.

He's in full offensive mode on his twitter account. It's quite the madhouse in there right now.

I hope ESPN dishes out some punishment over this, but I seriously doubt it.

Especially after what Stephen A. Smith got away with on air....

He's in full offensive mode on his twitter account. It's quite the madhouse in there right now.

I hope ESPN dishes out some punishment over this, but I seriously doubt it.

Especially after what Stephen A. Smith got away with on air....

You mean Skip.

I'm getting the feeling Parker is one of those >s that thinks that you have to be white in order to be racist.

1 person likes this

You mean Skip.

Talking about when Stephen A. Said "N-word please" to another analyst on air lol.

He denies it, but every time I've listened to it I hear it pretty clear. haha

It was just announced on Twitter that he is suspended until further notice and they are conducting a full review.

If liking white women makes you less black....

there's a lot of 'cornball brothers' out there!!! :flirty:

and if there werent...what would the Kardashian sisters do for fun..???

2 people like this

I honestly don't want him fired. There are a lot of people who think like him, and people need to see what stupidity really looks like. I'm not a fan of people being to heavily censored for being stupid, I find it instructive. It's also an opinion oriented medium. 

Unpopular opinions shouldn't be silenced, they should be taken at face value. 

I feel that this brand of racism is at a ground swell, and there needs to be some push back in the public debate against this type of thinking.  :2c:

1 person likes this

I honestly don't want him fired. There are a lot of people who think like him, and people need to see what stupidity really looks like. I'm not a fan of people being to heavily censored for being stupid, I find it instructive. It's also an opinion oriented medium. 

Unpopular opinions shouldn't be silenced, they should be taken at face value. 

I feel that this brand of racism is at a ground swell, and there needs to be some push back in the public debate against this type of thinking.  :2c:

I like how Parker thought he could define what a brother was. Parker thought he could define what black is really about. It's pretty silly to see some people on twitter ask black people who work (Stephen A smith, Jemele Hill, Michael Smith, Bomani Jones etc.) at ESPN getting asked about this and their thought on it. Parker doesn't represent black people anymore than they or I do. His stupidity and what he said is on him and his thoughts are his alone. A shame he said them, but they're on him. His suspension I don't really have an opinion on if it's needed or not needed. There have been worse things said on TV sadly and no punishment doled out so this punishment for this 'crime' doesn't really make me feel positive/negative about how the situation was handled.

2 people like this

Its bad when Stephen A is the only voice of sanity on that show. I haven't watched that show in a long time ..