Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BaltimoreColt1973

Going to Houston

15 posts in this topic

I'm from New York and i'm going to the game in Houston this week. Anyone know any great spots there. Also anyone know where to get tickets for the game and don't tell me stubhub, thanks.

Congrats. I am also from NY.

Why Baltimore & the reference to 1973? The only reason I ask is that I lived in B'more in 1974 and saw my first colts game in Memorial Stadium.

Sorry, I can't help you on the advice.

Why Baltimore & the reference to 1973? The only reason I ask is that I lived in B'more in 1974 and saw my first colts game in Memorial Stadium.

What part of NY. I was born in 73 been a colt fan my whole life. so thats why

Congratulation, hope you have a great time. Unfortunately, I have only been to Houston once (thank god) and it was HOT, Humid and overpopulated with Mexican Restaurants ;)

1 person likes this

There are a wide variety of restaurants and sports bars, try to hit up West University, not too far from Reliant, or even the area by the Medical Center, a lot of good places there. Just be warned...no matter where you go, it's going to be pretty darned crowded.

Dave & Busters fits all but you need to define "great spots". Also, what side of town will you be staying, north, south, east, west? Hobby airport is on the far south side of town and Reliant Stadium is on the south side as well.

What part of NY. I was born in 73 been a colt fan my whole life. so thats why

Brooklyn. right down teh street from Barclays.

There are a wide variety of restaurants and sports bars, try to hit up West University, not too far from Reliant, or even the area by the Medical Center, a lot of good places there. Just be warned...no matter where you go, it's going to be pretty darned crowded.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Frankly, I think the media uses a flawed business model.   They don't want great ratings, they want continued growth in ratings.  Once a show hits its a plateau, they inevitably begin introducing trashy soap opera stuff to try to capture a new demographic and increase ratings.  If they would just stick to broadcasting football, they would have a popular product year after year, albeit with flat ratings.   Jerry Seinfeld said one of the reasons his show lasted so long was that there was never a message attached to the show.  it was a show about nothing.  If it was run by typical Hollywood people, after a while, Elaine would get pregnant by her boss, tackle the abortion issue; George would be battling substance abuse, etc..  If you noticed, comparing the first Seinfeld episode to the last episode over about 15 years, the characters were in exactly the same place in life.  With a typical media/Hollywood person running the show, each character would have been married and divorced three times with kids trying to find their gender identity.    The media broadcasting the NFL needs to just stick to what the product is and leave it at that.
    • 5 our of 9 chose the Jags   That is good news for the Colts
    • 24-13 Colts. Finally a strong first half   Gore gets 100 yards on the ground and 150 total yfs   Hilton has two scores and Dorsett the other    Bortles gets sacked 4 times
    • The mouthy player just turns my stomach, the "me" player needs to be slapped down   If you look in dictionary under Hard working superstar WR then there is number 88 staring back at you!   Wayne learned under the best and he followed Marvin's lead, We are very blessed to have those two for nearly 20 years
    • The 4 game win streak continues this week   SD  JAX  CHI  HOU    Win those 4 and we're in great shape    Have us finishing 10-6 on the year en route to Super Bowl 51 Victory
  • Welcome New Members

• Welcome here Nils!   I can tell you, most of football fans in Hungary are Patriots fans...unfortunately. 
    • Hi, Nils here....   I know a lot of Europeans support the Patriots, but all I can say is no way man, no way!   I'm not entirely sure when I started to follow and cheer for the Colts, but I has no shame in admitting that it was when Manning begun to really shine. It was probably back in 1999 because I seem to remember that play-off game against the Titans.   I also remember the I loved how the Colts would play a beautiful offensive game whereas other teams were boring with their defensive strengths. Aaaahh, those were the days!   I was introduced to American Football during my American Politics/presidential election study in Washington D.C. in the fall of 1996 (Clinton vs Dole). Didn't really get attached to any team back then, so you can say that Redskins just left me totally uninspired.   It is a great and welcoming forum here - and that is just how I remembered America too.    
  • Members

• dudeski

dudeski 467

• Gramz

Gramz 7,032

• BPindy

BPindy 182

• BCoop

BCoop 101

• Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger 676

• Indianapolis-Colts-Fan

Indianapolis-Colts-Fan 364

• richard pallo

richard pallo 170

• kschrock88

kschrock88 1

Rookie
    • jseg18

jseg18 71

• Jhaze55

Jhaze55 146

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.