Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

for the colts to beat the texans, the colts need to.............

CR91

I like your attitude. :rock:

If the Colts win this game, It will turn into the "miracle season" forever. I know the Texans don't want this......... can't wait

Another thing I think is key. B.A. said they were going to make a concerted effort to be balanced in the run game. I don't know what that is going to look like considering all the injuries at running back. I do know that you can run the ball on the Texans if you are consistent. I don't really like to use the "if this team did it, then we can do it" logic but Jacksonville was able to put up some pretty decent numbers on the Texans in the running game with Parmalee and he was a back up. Jacksonville has some of the same issues as we do on the offensive line, so I don't see why we can't replicate that with Vic Ballard who I think is better than Parmalee.

If we can get that going it will be huge, because sooner or later Luck is going to play action off that thing and hit Avery, Brazil, Hilton, or one of the tight ends for a couple big ones. Hopefully Arians will keep his promise and stay consistent with the running game because that will limit the amount of times Luck will have to throw into coverage, which will also(hopefully) decrease his likelihood of turnovers and pick 6. We'll see!

Spread them out and attack their secondary..shut down the run game and force Matt Schaub to win the game for them..force other receivers other than Andre to make a play..I think they have some 3rd and 2nd stringers on their line because of injuries so I think we will be able to pressure Schaub also..last but not least Luck needs to go to his check down options more often to negate the pass rush the Texans will bring..more specifically Watt..the other guys on the D-line are pretty much nonexistent.. I'm confident we can pull this out..the times we have played good teams this season we have been competitive..

Go Colts!

finish the sentence.

i think the colts need to get away from the deep route 5 wide all go sets because luck just wont have to the time to look down the field especially playing someone like jj watt. we need quick screens slants hooks comebacks and curls. i rather luck rollout then stay in the pocket so he can get more time. utilize play action. these texans love to get after the qb so we have to use that against them. on defense we have try to limit foster as best as we can. texans love to run between the guards and tackles and outside the tackle so we need to use the speed of our defense to try to stop him. id recommend having freeman or bethea on him at all times. most importantly we need to get to schaub. we cant have him standing in the pocket scanning the field or else hes gonna pick us apart.

W/O reading any posts yet, they will have to control the lines of scrimmage to win. And barring a miracle so huge that all major networks (including MSNBC) report that Devine intervention was witnessed at the game.... that aint gonna happen.

But there's hope, right?

Dink and dunk with short routes to get Texans Safeties and Corners to bite , roll Luck out of the pocket from there then hit them with some play..........Ah heck I forgot the O Coordinator we have to deal with!  just roll Luck out there with metal armor and hope for the best! :thmup:

Simple dink and dunks will shrink the defense making there secondary only needing to cover for 2-3 seconds. You at least need to have a deep threat to spread them out. I'd bring the stretch play back and make there D-line and Linebackers play the entire field,also the end around might be good too (even though it really never works). They are on a short week so I'd like to see long sustained drives that keeps there Defense on the field as much as possible. I'd also go no huddle (not hurry up) so they can't substitute players on drives.

On defense I'd stop the run and make Schaub throw to win. I could see Cory Redding having an excellent game. I'd force Schaub into 3rd and longs and make him check to his 3rd option giving our dline some time to get some hits on Schaub.

If we play this game right we shouldn't have to score a bunch to win. I would say 20-24 pts probably wins this game.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Gavin" data-cid="359688" data-time="1355456738"><p>

Top 10 reasons how Colts can beat the Texans<br />

<br />

1.Eat there wheaties<br />

2.Take away Arian Fosters running shoes<br />

3.Take the entire Texans O Line out for dinner the night before the game and spike there drinks<br />

4.Spike the Colts Offensive Line drinks the night before the game<br />

5.After doing 3 and 4 then switch the jerseys in the locker rooms<br />

6.Melt JJ Watts car keys<br />

7.Lock Bruce Arians in the locker room<br />

8.Rig Cassius Vaughns GPS so he spends the entire game OFF of the field<br />

9.Leave a note for Andre Johnson pre game telling him Cortland Finnegan is waiting outside waiting to settle some unfinished business<br />

10.Hide Wade Phillips playcalling sheet</p></blockquote> 2b. switch arian fosters pre game meal to a tbone steak and baked potato

Hicks? Why would anyone want him ? Wasn t he just releasd by his fifth different team this week? Horrible idea.

Jets, Colts Cheifs, Bucs. He would be far from an ideal situation probably but he would have been a better idea then activating Seth Olsen and hoping like heck that he doesn't actually have to be put in to play

In order to win, the defense has to make Schaub be the focal point of the offense. If Foster gets any steam, Schaub's game improves exponentially. Make Schaub beat us on offense, and if he does, so be it. On defense, our only chance is to pick up the tempo with no-huddle. Both New England and Greenbay all but neutralized J.J. Watt with the quick snap attack. Their secondary is still very beatable when the pass rush isn't working. No-huddle will help make their D-line less of a factor. 

Last but not least (and we say it every week), the short passing game needs to be utilized by Arians. It can't all be go routes and bubble screens. There has to be a short-intermediate aspect to our attack if we want to have any success against this team.