Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

for the colts to beat the texans, the colts need to.............

CR91

finish the sentence.

i think the colts need to get away from the deep route 5 wide all go sets because luck just wont have to the time to look down the field especially playing someone like jj watt. we need quick screens slants hooks comebacks and curls. i rather luck rollout then stay in the pocket so he can get more time. utilize play action. these texans love to get after the qb so we have to use that against them. on defense we have try to limit foster as best as we can. texans love to run between the guards and tackles and outside the tackle so we need to use the speed of our defense to try to stop him. id recommend having freeman or bethea on him at all times. most importantly we need to get to schaub. we cant have him standing in the pocket scanning the field or else hes gonna pick us apart.

The Colts need to...

1. Make the Texan's offense one dimensional by focusing on stopping the run.

2. Have Vontae Davis cover Andre Johnson the entire game, and make the Texans rely on other receivers.

3. Luck needs to connect on his deep throws.

4. Luck needs to run for first downs, making the Texan's defense have to worry about him out of the pocket, opening up the middle for our receivers.

All this is moot if we the O-line can't block. ;)

Colts Need to: Tie Arians up in a dark room & make him watch the video of Mathis Alma Mater dance he did Sunday after the Tenn Game.

Luck then calls his plays from Stanford implementing a short passing game keeping Luck safe. After we Win 24-21 the team retrieves Arians

and he declares that he'll use short passes more. At first he declined but Andrews Neck beard grew a fist and hit Arians. He cried then accepted. Team then heads out Reliant Stadium and flies back to Indy.

Colts Need to: Tie Arians up in a dark room & make him watch the video of Mathis Alma Mater dance he did Sunday after the Tenn Game.

Luck then calls his plays from Stanford implementing a short passing game keeping Luck safe. After we Win 24-21 the team retrieves Arians

and he declares that he'll use short passes more. At first he declined but Andrews Neck beard grew a fist and hit Arians. He cried then accepted. Team then heads out Reliant Stadium and flies back to Indy.

that just meant be crazy enough to work

The Texans aren't that hard to beat.

I live in Houston and it's plain as day.

First slam Schaub to the ground and he will get rattled and cry like a baby.

Plug the holes and stop Foster and cover Andre Johnson like a blanket.

Get out to an early lead and the Texans cannot handle it. They will fold and the fans will turn on them and start to boo by the end of the first half.

The Texans know that their window is closing after this year because Luck will be good enough then to own them for years to come like PM did.

1. Stop the run, Schaub can't get it done without a running game.

2. Pass on their weakened secondary and LBers.

3. Don't make stupid turnovers because they will have a hard time creating them themselves.

4. When their running game becomes unreliable, Schuab has been knocked around a few times, look for a pick.

1. Stop the run, Schaub can't get it done without a running game.

2. Pass on their weakened secondary and LBers.

3. Don't make stupid turnovers because they will have a hard time creating them themselves.

4. When their running game becomes unreliable, Schuab has been knocked around a few times, look for a pick.

Yeah, that's about it. Not easy, but the last two years in Houston they ran us to death and both games got away from us fast. The pass protection has to be better than the first half of the game against the Titans, so please, no empty backfield sets. Luck can meet JJ at the pro bowl. They don't need to get close before that.

This team seems to really make adjustments. If we can stay close, we always have a great chance at the end.

Yeah, that's about it. Not easy, but the last two years in Houston they ran us to death and both games got away from us fast. The pass protection has to be better than the first half of the game against the Titans, so please, no empty backfield sets. Luck can meet JJ at the pro bowl. They don't need to get close before that.

This team seems to really make adjustments. If we can stay close, we always have a great chance at the end.

I agree its not easy but there is a way.

1. Everytime JJ Watt stops applying pressure to jump and swat at Luck`s passes, our O lineman need to put him on his keister. He`s going to do it, we all know that .Want to jump, Boom!

2. Find a way to win, dont care what the stats are or if it takes 59 minutes and 59 seconds to take the lead. Just get it done!

Top 10 reasons how Colts can beat the Texans

1.Eat there wheaties

2.Take away Arian Fosters running shoes

3.Take the entire Texans O Line out for dinner the night before the game and spike there drinks

4.Spike the Colts Offensive Line drinks the night before the game

5.After doing 3 and 4 then switch the jerseys in the locker rooms

6.Melt JJ Watts car keys

7.Lock Bruce Arians in the locker room

8.Rig Cassius Vaughns GPS so he spends the entire game OFF of the field

9.Leave a note for Andre Johnson pre game telling him Cortland Finnegan is waiting outside waiting to settle some unfinished business

10.Hide Wade Phillips playcalling sheet

Top 10 reasons how Colts can beat the Texans

1.Eat there wheaties

2.Take away Arian Fosters running shoes

3.Take the entire Texans O Line out for dinner the night before the game and spike there drinks

4.Spike the Colts Offensive Line drinks the night before the game

5.After doing 3 and 4 then switch the jerseys in the locker rooms

6.Melt JJ Watts car keys

7.Lock Bruce Arians in the locker room

8.Rig Cassius Vaughns GPS so he spends the entire game OFF of the field

9.Leave a note for Andre Johnson pre game telling him Cortland Finnegan is waiting outside waiting to settle some unfinished business

10.Hide Wade Phillips playcalling sheet

:thmup::funny: I really like 8 and 9. haha

Simply limit the turn overs. Stay stout on run defense like we have been doing. Double Andre Johnson, and Double JJ Watt in the same manner as the Patriots did. We win if we stay consistent with these things

I like your attitude. :rock:

If the Colts win this game, It will turn into the "miracle season" forever. I know the Texans don't want this......... can't wait

Simple dink and dunks will shrink the defense making there secondary only needing to cover for 2-3 seconds. You at least need to have a deep threat to spread them out. I'd bring the stretch play back and make there D-line and Linebackers play the entire field,also the end around might be good too (even though it really never works). They are on a short week so I'd like to see long sustained drives that keeps there Defense on the field as much as possible. I'd also go no huddle (not hurry up) so they can't substitute players on drives.

On defense I'd stop the run and make Schaub throw to win. I could see Cory Redding having an excellent game. I'd force Schaub into 3rd and longs and make him check to his 3rd option giving our dline some time to get some hits on Schaub.

If we play this game right we shouldn't have to score a bunch to win. I would say 20-24 pts probably wins this game.