Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans Nine Point Favorite Over The Colts

King Colt

You guys have a shot but I don't think you win. We absolutely wiped out the Ravens (a team of about you caliber) after getting embarrassed by the Pack. You are this weeks ravens. Coincidentally we won 6 straight after that loss to the Pack which would have us winning the Super Bowl. *Fingers crossed*

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="doc109" data-cid="360272" data-time="1355595934"><p>

You guys have a shot but I don't think you win. We absolutely wiped out the Ravens (a team of about you caliber) after getting embarrassed by the Pack. You are this weeks ravens. Coincidentally we won 6 straight after that loss to the Pack which would have us winning the Super Bowl. *Fingers crossed*</p></blockquote>

Lol that's kind of silly reasoning... the pattern has yet to be established.

Anyways.... I'd say our offense is better than the ravens.

The Texans should be.  Colts fans aren't going to like hearing this but I really think the Colts are walking into a buzz saw tomorrow.  The Texans were embarrassed in a big game on Monday Night.  Something tells me that the Texans bounce back this weekend.  Also factor in that the Colts have not been very good on the road against good teams and that this is probably the hardest game we will have all year depending on how you feel about New England and I fully expect the Texans to win this game going away. 

Now the one thing I think Colts fan can hang their hat on for tomorrow is that the Texans do have a history of struggling in December.  Even last year they lost their last three to the Panthers, Colts, and Titans going into the playoffs.  It just didn't matter because they were so far ahead in the division standings last year and once they lost to the Panthers and Colts they were locked into playoff seeding.  However, people tend to forget had they won those two games against the Panthers and Colts it was likely the Texans would have had a first round bye at least last year.  So with all due respect to the Texans I would argue that this game is more important for them to win than last week's game was.  If they win Sunday they lock down the division and put themselves in poistion to make a serious push to hold on to home field in the AFC.  Should they lose on Sunday they probably lose homefield for the playoffs and they open the door to the Colts to snag division away from them and all those questions about can the Texans win when it counts come back to life in full force. 

With that said I just think this is one of those games where I think the Texans know whats on the line and come threw with everything on the line and finally take that step many have been waiting for them to take.  If they don't though, Texans fans you should be concerned about your team going forward because the second game with the Colts could very well become a defacto AFC South Title game and you are looking at going a place where your team has never won and would have beaten you in your house just two weeks before.  I'll also say if the Texans blow this lead and end up as a wildcard team we might very well see the end of Gary Kubiack after this season.  Losing the division because you faded down the stretch in a year that Texans fans were openly questioning how many division titles the Texans would win in row will probably lead to him being fired.

With that said that is a HUGE IF because it all depends on the Colts winning tomorrow to get things started and I just don't see that happening but make no mistake there is all kinds of pressure on the Texans in this game.  With the Colts they are pretty much playing with house money at this point.  While they need another win or some help to make the playoffs they could easily afford a loss to the Texans and still make the playoffs. Even if they miss the playoffs they have already surpassed just about everyone's wildest expectations for this team.  So the pressure if off for the Colts at least going on.  With that said though I fully expect the Texans to play their best game of the season just like they have the last two times they faced the Colts down there because once again it's the Colts standing between them and being seen as a NFL power house and I think the Texans will respond well.

The Texans are 9 point favorites after getting crushed by NE? Why? The Colts are 9-4 correct? Hardly a pushover. To quote Steve A. Smith from ESPN's "First Take" Vegas is "So Disrespectful." 

That probably upped the odds. Did you see what happened to the Ravens after the Texans got beat by the Pack?

That 9 point spread is going to draw alot of Vegas dollars. I would love to see a victory or an overtime necessary to beat the Colts. We know KC is next week before we have the Texans at home in the season finale so pour it on Colts this Sunday. Anyone see a trick play or two coming Sunday from our boys!?
How bout an on-side kick to start the 2nd half, Oh wait, the Texans don't have a less than pedestrian special teams player who is married to a floozy gold-digger who shouldn't even be playing football.

That 9 point spread was pretty accurate...

Yes, it was. Congratulations to my friends QuizBoy & Vance87 on your Texans winning the AFC South Division Crown today. Houston bounced back pretty well from that NE fiasco & debacle. That blocked punt on Special Teams completely changed the flow of the game. Gotta win next week against the Chiefs though Colts. What was the unsportsman like conduct penalty against Bruce Arians anyway? I never saw it. Did he say something unflattering to a referee? I don't know...I'm asking...

Yes, it was. Congratulations to my friends QuizBoy & Vance87 on your Texans winning the AFC South Division Crown today. Houston bounced back pretty well from that NE fiasco & debacle. That blocked punt on Special Teams completely changed the flow of the game. Gotta win next week against the Chiefs though Colts. What was the unsportsman like conduct penalty against Bruce Arians anyway? I never saw it. Did he say something unflattering to a referee? I don't know...I'm asking...
I didn't see what it was that BA got flagged for... I think he was questioning the call from the previous play... He did not seem very poised on the sidelines this week.