Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans Nine Point Favorite Over The Colts

King Colt

That 9 point spread is going to draw alot of Vegas dollars. I would love to see a victory or an overtime necessary to beat the Colts. We know KC is next week before we have the Texans at home in the season finale so pour it on Colts this Sunday. Anyone see a trick play or two coming Sunday from our boys!?

That 9 point spread is going to draw alot of Vegas dollars. I would love to see a victory or an overtime necessary to beat the Colts. We know KC is next week before we have the Texans at home in the season finale so pour it on Colts this Sunday. Anyone see a trick play or two coming Sunday from our boys!?

Hang on...It might be 10 by Sunday

KC...I would save the trick plays for the home finale....Lets play 'em straight up...

we only have to win one game

I just see 1 sports book out of the 8 listed have it at 9. Most are 8 with one at 8.5. Seems to be pretty much the same spread as the NE game....

if we only lose by nine in houston, i will take that as a victory. i am really worried about Luck staying healthy with our bad OL. please, please, please add some screen passes and shorter throws to eliminate our QB from taking a pounding.

we need to win in KC the following week.

Go Colts!!

Yeah, when we lose, the spread isn't an issue. I agree, Luck's health is most important. Please, no empty backfield sets!

I'm not sure how the game will go on Sunday, but I have seen the Jaguars and the Lions go toe-to-toe against the Texans. Neither of those two teams, especially not the Jaguars, has a dominant O-line and their QBs didn't get killed.

I expect a good game overall, and a great effort by Luck. All the talk this week has been about our poor O-line play and the Texans dominant D-line. I hope that our boys come out with something to prove.

I'm not sure how the game will go on Sunday, but I have seen the Jaguars and the Lions go toe-to-toe against the Texans. Neither of those two teams, especially not the Jaguars, has a dominant O-line and their QBs didn't get killed.

I expect a good game overall, and a great effort by Luck. All the talk this week has been about our poor O-line play and the Texans dominant D-line. I hope that our boys come out with something to prove.

we have no healthy running backs, Flash...none

we have no healthy running backs, Flash...none

I think that we're making too much about the runningback situation. Ballard will be able to go on Sunday and will carry the load, almost entirely. His back ups, especially Moore has a familiarity with our offense. We should be fine there.

Here's today's injury report:

http://www.colts.com/team/injury-report.html

I think that we're making too much about the runningback situation. Ballard will be able to go on Sunday and will carry the load, almost entirely. His back ups, especially Moore has a familiarity with our offense. We should be fine there.

Here's today's injury report:

http://www.colts.com...ury-report.html

Flash......with all due respect.....Ballard will play hurt....

Moore just got back..and neither is a great blocker...There's nothing we can do at this point

...for this week.

But we wont be fine...They are going to blitz Luck like he had $1,000 bills hanging from his belt

Why even play the game then? Just put a L on the schedule? Alot of fans on here said the Colts didnt match up well with the Lions, maybe they didnt. But last time I checked the Colts scored more points than the Lions. "Colts can`t do this and Colts can`t do that" . 9-4, somebody`s doing something right. The Texans could easily be 9-4 themselves! I`m not conceding anything to the Texans.They had better be prepared to play 60 minutes of football against the Colts because this team doen not quit, and neither will I as one of their fans. Ain`t skeered of no Texans

We try more long passes than probably any other team in the league. Holding the ball for your receiver to get open is too dangerous with our OL.

We try more long passes than probably any other team in the league. Holding the ball for your receiver to get open is too dangerous with our OL.

That's true and I completely agree. But there is a sliver of hope. The Lions and the Packers, two teams that have bad O-lines and vertical passing attackes did well against the Texans. The Packers beat them and the Lions almost beat them but got hosed by the refs. Neither team (Packers or Lions) has a particularly strong defense, but are potent on offense, like the Colts. I see some similarities and hope that we can play against the Texans like they did.

Moore just got back..and neither is a great blocker...There's nothing we can do at this point

...for this week.

But we wont be fine...They are going to blitz Luck like he had $1,000 bills hanging from his belt

Ballard is a ok blocker but Moore is actually good at it.

What worries most is we are getting an angry Texans team that was humiliated on national TV. Quality teams have a way of punishing opponents in games following an embarrassment.

Analyze the reason the Texans were beat to a pulp by GB and NE and exploit those reasons. A game heavy in poassing could do the trick but Luck is 18 and 18 in TDs and ints. so that being said heck, throw it all to the wind, "if we are not victorious let no man come back alive".......a line from from the movie Patton. :)

...for this week.

Ballard isn't even on the injury report. I thought he just had a stinger anyway?

Why even play the game then? Just put a L on the schedule? Alot of fans on here said the Colts didnt match up well with the Lions, maybe they didnt. But last time I checked the Colts scored more points than the Lions. "Colts can`t do this and Colts can`t do that" . 9-4, somebody`s doing something right. The Texans could easily be 9-4 themselves! I`m not conceding anything to the Texans.They had better be prepared to play 60 minutes of football against the Colts because this team doen not quit, and neither will I as one of their fans. Ain`t skeered of no Texans

Got to say what you see........Nobody makes speeches when we pick the Colts to win...

The Eagles werent scared of Cincinatti Thursday night, eigther

7.5 points as of 10:30 AM cst. Texans talk radio is sounding very nervous about the high emotional levle of play. One of the two host just said, "I don't want to see Pagano on the side lines in week 17 at Lucas stadium". Yeah Baby!!!!!

NFL Odds: Week 15 NFL Line Moves

by Mike Pickett

December 13, 2012

oshark%20rams%20steven%20jackson.jpg

Week 15 NFL Betting Lines (from 5Dimes)

Line Moves of 2 Points:

Sun - Minnesota at St. Louis (OPENER -3) NOW -1

Line Moves of 1.5 Points:

Thu - Cincinnati at Philadelphia (OPENER +3) NOW +4.5

Sun - Denver at Baltimore (OPENER +1) NOW +2.5

Sun - Seattle at Buffalo (OPENER +4) NOW +5.5

Sun - San Francisco at New England (OPENER -7) NOW -5.5

Line Moves of 1 Point:

Sun - Detroit at Arizona (OPENER +6) NOW +7

Sun - Pittsburgh at Dallas (OPENER pick) NOW +1

Mon - NY Jets at Tennessee (OPENER pick) NOW -1

Line Moves of 0.5 Points:

Sun - Jacksonville at Miami (OPENER -7.5) NOW -8

Sun - Indianapolis at Houston (OPENER -9) NOW -9.5

Sun - Tampa Bay at New Orleans (OPENER -3) NOW -3.5

Sun - Carolina at San Diego (OPENER -3) NOW -2.5

Sun - Kansas City at Oakland (OPENER -2.5) NOW -3

Got to say what you see........Nobody makes speeches when we pick the Colts to win...

The Eagles werent scared of Cincinatti Thursday night, eigther

Yes and some see what they want to see, nothing but negative. And it wasn`t a speech, just a thought.  I see a team that nobody gave a chance, just like this next game. But you know what? They are already winners - win, lose or draw. Yes the Colts could get blown out like they did in New England. But the "positive" side of that was they were also within 7 points at halftime and had a chance. The Eagles? The biggest bunch of under achievers in the league. Comparing to the Colts? Too funny

I think people are giving the Texans too much credit...

Peoples perceptions become so blurred once they label a team good or bad.

The Texans have not been blowing teams out lately...

Everyone acts as if the Texans are on whole other level.... they aren't!

Now the Patriots?

Yes!

Yes and some see what they want to see, nothing but negative. And it wasn`t a speech, just a thought.  I see a team that nobody gave a chance, just like this next game. But you know what? They are already winners - win, lose or draw. Yes the Colts could get blown out like they did in New England. But the "positive" side of that was they were also within 7 points at halftime and had a chance. The Eagles? The biggest bunch of under achievers in the league. Comparing to the Colts? Too funny

I toatally agree with you.  I don't think it's going to be a blow out at all.  Every time a perceived Goliath comes knocking, the usual suspects come out all over this forum flapping their wings, spreading their chicken feathers of doubt and pessimism.  I don't understand it.  We've beaten the number 2 offense in the entire league, beaten a Super Bowl champion, behind by only 7 at half time to a team that is almost unanimously perceived as the eventual 2012 Super Bowl Champion before the game is even played.  For some reason it's easy for them to toss that out, but they can never seem to let go of anything we did not do well.  Things that happened during the first game of the season, things that happened in the 5th week of the season. 

When are people going to learn that you can't judge this team by stats and all the standard means of judging performance.  Like Reggie and so many others on the team have said "We just don't know any better".  I tend to always remain positive about this team because they are performing their works by remaining focused on a vision.  The saying is "Vision OVER Circumstance". A vision I believe that is protected by a higher power.  I don't want to get too religious here, but when you have that element you can achieve things that can't be explained by traditional performance metrics.

I have faith in our boys this Sunday.  You can give me every reason why they can't win until the cows come home, and I will remained focused on the vision.  You do what you do, and I'll do what I do!

NFL Odds: Week 15 NFL Line Moves

by Mike Pickett

December 13, 2012

oshark%20rams%20steven%20jackson.jpg

Week 15 NFL Betting Lines (from 5Dimes)

Line Moves of 2 Points:

Sun - Minnesota at St. Louis (OPENER -3) NOW -1

Line Moves of 1.5 Points:

Thu - Cincinnati at Philadelphia (OPENER +3) NOW +4.5

Sun - Denver at Baltimore (OPENER +1) NOW +2.5

Sun - Seattle at Buffalo (OPENER +4) NOW +5.5

Sun - San Francisco at New England (OPENER -7) NOW -5.5

Line Moves of 1 Point:

Sun - Detroit at Arizona (OPENER +6) NOW +7

Sun - Pittsburgh at Dallas (OPENER pick) NOW +1

Mon - NY Jets at Tennessee (OPENER pick) NOW -1

Line Moves of 0.5 Points:

Sun - Jacksonville at Miami (OPENER -7.5) NOW -8

Sun - Indianapolis at Houston (OPENER -9) NOW -9.5

Sun - Tampa Bay at New Orleans (OPENER -3) NOW -3.5

Sun - Carolina at San Diego (OPENER -3) NOW -2.5

Sun - Kansas City at Oakland (OPENER -2.5) NOW -3

most books opened at 8 or 8.5 and a couple have as high as 10 as of today. So it's a bigger move than this guy shows.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Flash777" data-cid="359498" data-time="1355437283"><p>

That's true and I completely agree. But there is a sliver of hope. The Lions and the Packers, two teams that have bad O-lines and vertical passing attackes did well against the Texans. The Packers beat them and the Lions almost beat them but got hosed by the refs. Neither team (Packers or Lions) has a particularly strong defense, but are potent on offense, like the Colts. I see some similarities and hope that we can play against the Texans like they did.</p></blockquote>

Yes! I agree!

Our Colts have many weaknesses but they also have some uncommon strengths, we may match-up well we may get blown out who knows? The Texans have to feel alot of uncertainty unlike pevious years, our offense is new to them so is our improved run D. When i think of the times the Texans thumped the Colts it has always stemmed from their run game rolling us, if we make Shaub have to win it we have a good shot, if Foster runs wild we have no chance imho.

several things have to happen

Limit turnovers (Thats the biggest actor NE beat us like they did)

Keep Luck off his butt

Dont quit on the run and turn this into a shootout (Arians likely will come the second half)

Dont over pursuit on the run especially the Texans stretch plays (know your assignment but watch the ball)

Secondary has to show up for a full 60 minutes

Im not worried but of defense. Our offense just needs to protect the ball. I think we have better shot versus texans than we did versus lions because the texans front seven is not as tough as lions front seven in my opinion. If you stop watt you can pass all day on secondary like brady and rodgers

Saunders needs to be put in to block. That will help free up Ballard / Moore for a swing or screen pass. Luck'll have to go deep early to stretch Houston's defense. I would like to see every deep ball (unless there's blown coverage) thrown out of bounds.