Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I say resurrect the "Let er Rip" slogan

haughvillian

For all you young bucks that don't remember and for all the old farts that do, I say bring back the "Let er Rip" philosophy. Back in 95, the Jim Harbaugh Colt's and Ted Marchibroda coined this because the Colt's weren't expected to do anything in the playoffs let alone be IN the playoffs. They were a dropped pass in the endzone against the Steelers from going to the Super Bowl. This year's team is reminiscent of that year's team. They're not supposed to even be here so why not play loose and care free!! Have fun...

LET ER RIP!!!!!

I'm thinking they probably weren't planning on holding back anyway but as I was moving back to Indiana from Texas at the time, I hadn't heard of the expression until now. Jim Harbaugh and his 49ers will be in the playoffs also, I'm reasonably sure someone would have brought it and other Colts/49ers ties up.

This team does remind me of that '95 team. That game against Pittsburgh still ticks me off. Remember Cordell Stewart running out of bounds then catching a TD pass. Only if there was replay back in those days because the Colts probably would have won that game if not for that bad no call.

• 2 weeks later...
Yep.

Colts got in the playoffs. IMO just go all out now and have fun as long as it lasts......

We got nothing to lose and every team we play has more pressure from now on.

I love this season. :)

You're exactly right. At this point, records don't matter. Stats do not matter. It's one game at a time, and no team is guaranteed another game, not the pats, texans, 49er's, or packers. Any given Sunday!