Photo

I say resurrect the "Let er Rip" slogan

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 haughvillian

haughvillian
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

For all you young bucks that don't remember and for all the old farts that do, I say bring back the "Let er Rip" philosophy. Back in 95, the Jim Harbaugh Colt's and Ted Marchibroda coined this because the Colt's weren't expected to do anything in the playoffs let alone be IN the playoffs. They were a dropped pass in the endzone against the Steelers from going to the Super Bowl. This year's team is reminiscent of that year's team. They're not supposed to even be here so why not play loose and care free!! Have fun...

LET ER RIP!!!!!

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 11925 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

1995...... Yeah, I was only a Year old then. Lol

I was letting things Rip, but it wasn't loose football :lol:
"I differ what they prefer, so they count me like the census"

#3 subvet

subvet

Stand by....

• 1158 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

I'm thinking they probably weren't planning on holding back anyway but as I was moving back to Indiana from Texas at the time, I hadn't heard of the expression until now. Jim Harbaugh and his 49ers will be in the playoffs also, I'm reasonably sure someone would have brought it and other Colts/49ers ties up.

Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway-John Wayne

gallery_3_63_39724.jpg

#4 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6664 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:55 AM

This team does remind me of that '95 team. That game against Pittsburgh still ticks me off. Remember Cordell Stewart running out of bounds then catching a TD pass. Only if there was replay back in those days because the Colts probably would have won that game if not for that bad no call.

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today". -- James Dean.

#5 haughvillian

haughvillian
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

I remember it well...

#6 chad72

chad72
  • 9637 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

Let 'er Rip sounds like a chant from a center who has consumed a lot of bean dip. :)

#7 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 6697 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

Let 'er Rip sounds like a chant from a center who has consumed a lot of bean dip. :)

the smell of the ball helps explain bad passes and drops

#8 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

Off IR but on to the PUP list

• Forum Moderator
  • 3639 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

Let 'Er Rip!

http://www.nytimes.c...-the-colts.html

Wow! for that Colts fan that already has everything else-

http://www.barnesand...hens/1103492114
“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.” -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#9 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6750 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

#10 Jules

Jules
  • 7648 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

Yep.

Colts got in the playoffs. IMO just go all out now and have fun as long as it lasts......

We got nothing to lose and every team we play has more pressure from now on.

I love this season. :)

#11 Slick_Rick

Slick_Rick
  • 1005 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

Yep.

Colts got in the playoffs. IMO just go all out now and have fun as long as it lasts......

We got nothing to lose and every team we play has more pressure from now on.

I love this season. :)

You're exactly right. At this point, records don't matter. Stats do not matter. It's one game at a time, and no team is guaranteed another game, not the pats, texans, 49er's, or packers. Any given Sunday!

#12 Nancy

Nancy
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:15 AM

I actually have a few of the signs that were given out at one of those games at the Dome that say LET ER RIP!!  Loved it!!

Long time Colt's fan, just rarely post! :)

#13 grmasterb

grmasterb
  • 558 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:17 AM

Reading many of the replies in this thread can make one feel old.

Ah, if only Quentin Coryatt had held onto the ball.

#14 Chicago-Colts Fan1287

Chicago-Colts Fan1287
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

the smell of the ball helps explain bad passes and drops

haha

#15 haseo15

haseo15
  • 481 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

I look for the colts to be Dangerous in the Playoffs. The players will want to play harder since Pagano is back and do not want to see this story end in defeat, so they may play inspired.
With the 24th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft the Indianapolis Colts Select Matt Elam...

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      20 Nov
    T Y Goodbye

to all my friends and family here..I cant shake this pneumonia, and am heading back to the hospital..plus now I have two other infections going through me, one is pink eye and the other is in my gastrointestinal area..(flu most likely) I'm going to the hospital, shorly and i cant access the boards from in there..If anything serious happens i'll have the wife come let y'all know..thanks for all the caring and support..hopefully i'll be back soon..

Show comments (5)
  • Photo
      20 Nov
    HungarianColtsFan

Hungarian rangers have unexpected help: newly 'imigrated' bears. In awe of them no one dares to enter the forest. Good work Yogi & Co.!!

Show comments (3)
View All Updates