Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Top 200 Prospects out of college

I'm not taking any list that has Jarvis Jones ranked in the 40's remotely seriously.

For me, the Red Flag about seriousness comes as Lande has Texas A&M's Right Tackle, Jake Matthews ranked higher than their Left Tackle, Luke Joekel. This morning Kiper floated Joekel's name as a possible #1 overall pick to KC (should the Chiefs get the first overall pick)

Matthews higher than Joekel?? That's an odd, odd call....

Well we draft him to take over Freeny Spot becuase he can cover better then Freeny and he can blitz too

Teo's isn't an OLB. He's an inside LB in a 3-4 or a MLB in a 4-3. His game is built for the middle of the defense, not the perimeter. He's not going to replace Freeney on the outside. I like Te'o. But that's not a natural fit.

There are some pretty good name on this list and one great on Manti Tao. TO bad we wont get him and the Raiders will draft him and he will die there,

http://www.nationalf...pects-5904.html

Checked that list out. Here are my thoughts:

• How the heck is Werner #1? It should either be Manti Teo or Jarvis Jones.
  • Matthews over Joeckel? Someone forgot to take their meds...
  • Vaccaro in top 10? heck, both Reid and Elam are equal if not better than him
  • Ertz over Eifert? No arguement there
  • Tavon Austin, Robert Woods, and Keenan Allen over Terrance Williams? Don't know what game film the writer's been watching...

I know but seeing him in a Raiders outfit just to watch his career dies because the Raiders suck

Remember, the Raiders suck in large part because of Al Davis. He's dead. And the guy they got to replace him comes from Green Bay. It's a complete rebuild and it'll take time, but they should improve over time.

Of course, the key word in that las sentence is ***should***..!! :thmup: (doesn't mean they will..!!)

For me, the Red Flag about seriousness comes as Lande has Texas A&M's Right Tackle, Jake Matthews ranked higher than their Left Tackle, Luke Joekel. This morning Kiper floated Joekel's name as a possible #1 overall pick to KC (should the Chiefs get the first overall pick)

Matthews higher than Joekel?? That's an odd, odd call....

true, but look at all the misses that happen in the draft.

That list is absolutely meaningless all it does provide people with debate to build up with for the coming draft. There is no exact science or formula to determine who the best player in the country is. Position by Position sure there is but not overall

That list is absolutely meaningless all it does provide people with debate to build up with for the coming draft. There is no exact science or formula to determine who the best player in the country is. Position by Position sure there is but not overall

Well.... believe what you will, but all 32 General Managers will have a priority list of roughly 300+ deep. A Big Board.

Whoever is #1 will be that teams highest rated player. Whoever is at the bottom will be the lowest. And, they will also have rankings by position as well. But those lists are meaningless without the broader picture, the master priority list.

So, for example, this year the DL is a strong position group, but the QB's are not as strong. OK. It's possible that the 15th ranked DL will have a higher grade than the 5th ranked QB. The only way you know is by grading every player and then putting them into some master priority list. The so-called "Big Board"...

That's the way all 32 teams do it. The difference is, every team sees things differently. The grades for players will not be the same team to team to team. And that's what separates the good teams from the not-so-good. How you judge and grade players.

Just some food for thought....