Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Excellent Article on NFL Awards by Gil Brandt on NFL.com !

sb41champs

I thought this was an excellent article by Gil Brandt - and - I agree 100% with his reasoning with the lone exception being that I believe former Colts QB Peyton Manning ALSO deserves the "Comeback Player of the Year" award !!

Enjoy the article:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000110290/article/peyton-manning-adrian-peterson-andrew-luck-deserve-awards

I think ADrian Peterson deserves comeback player of the year. Manning sat out, not because he could not plky, but as a percaution. Peterson had is leg destroyed on the second to last game of the year, came back in less than a year and is now on pace for 2000 yards.

Rookie of the year is a toss up. If both the skins and the colts make the playoffs, RG3 will win since he has superior stats. If Only Luck makes the playoffs, he will probably win Rookie of the year. If Luck beats the Texans in both games, he will probably win regardless of what RG3 does (baring anymore 4 TD performances)

Peyton will MVP. It's what he does.

I think ADrian Peterson deserves comeback player of the year. Manning sat out, not because he could not plky, but as a percaution. Peterson had is leg destroyed on the second to last game of the year, came back in less than a year and is now on pace for 2000 yards.

Rookie of the year is a toss up. If both the skins and the colts make the playoffs, RG3 will win since he has superior stats. If Only Luck makes the playoffs, he will probably win Rookie of the year. If Luck beats the Texans in both games, he will probably win regardless of what RG3 does (baring anymore 4 TD performances)PRECAUTION ?

I view Peyton as a lock for Comeback Player Of The Year. Sorry Adrian Peterson fans this race isn't even close. 4 neck surgeries vs 1 major leg injury...Next question.

Patriots fans have a right to be ticked over the lack of respect their field general gets. "Tom Brady, QB, New England Patriots. Brady is having another typically great season; he's being taken for granted..." I actually think Brady has a legitimate shot at the MVP this year. Don't do dual winners either NFL. Pick 1 name thank you.

Coach Of The Year: Chuck Pagano not Bruce Arians. Pagano changed the whole mindset of this team from our 2 win season last season...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL0C8C6yUKfbfrx-uBDpYTPfMeoFmYTMBy&feature=player_detailpage&v=8AZaQ0q8Hxo

Rookie of the year is a toss up. If both the skins and the colts make the playoffs, RG3 will win since he has superior stats. If Only Luck makes the playoffs, he will probably win Rookie of the year. If Luck beats the Texans in both games, he will probably win regardless of what RG3 does (baring anymore 4 TD performances)

4 neck surgeries to help fix nerve damage that controls his throwing arm, but yeah you're right he sat out as a precaution. :facepalm: Why are you even on this forum.....nothing happening in D.C.?

4 neck surgeries to help fix nerve damage that controls his throwing arm, but yeah you're right he sat out as a precaution. :facepalm: Why are you even on this forum.....nothing happening in D.C.?

Hey, I was following the Peyton Manning story last year, it was big news in the NFL. There was always a question of if he was going to come back that year. Even Bill Polian said he may have come back last year. Peyton and his doctors or whomever decided to just stay out for the year, but there was discussions of him coming back last year.

I'm not an *. I know what goes on in the NFL.

Hey, I was following the Peyton Manning story last year, it was big news in the NFL. There was always a question of if he was going to come back that year. Even Bill Polian said he may have come back last year. Peyton and his doctors or whomever decided to just stay out for the year, but there was discussions of him coming back last year.

I'm not an *. I know what goes on in the NFL.

More like Polian was hoping Peyton could come back, so he could save his behind for putting together a team that couldn't function with anybody else but #18. As soon as the last surgery happened the chance of him playing in 2011 was slim to none.

More like Polian was hoping Peyton could come back, so he could save his behind for putting together a team that couldn't function with anybody else but #18. As soon as the last surgery happened the chance of him playing in 2011 was slim to none.

Fair enough, but we can only go by what the Colts orginization - or any organization for that matter - tells us.

I think in either way RGIII would won ROY award. Media loves stats, so that's sealed about a month ago...

I thought this was an excellent article by Gil Brandt - and - I agree 100% with his reasoning with the lone exception being that I believe former Colts QB Peyton Manning ALSO deserves the "Comeback Player of the Year" award !!

Enjoy the article:

http://www.nfl.com/n...-deserve-awards

to bad Brandt doesnt get an AP vote unless list has changed

,my article & my list of the 50 voters that all vote on all of these awards is from 2010 , most are from east coast, and some teams have no local representative, makes a differense, year Peyton tied MVP with McNair , Tennsse has a local voter

From old articl;e, no link sorry

((( There were about six spots that changed hands when this article written in. Dec 31 2009 says the article , so things do change, dont know what happened since then though )))

December, 31, 2009

Dec 31

4:35

PM ET

Email Print Share

By Paul Kuharsky

Flawed MVP Vote Process ( excerpts )

There are 21 by my count ( NOT ME ARTICLES WRITER ) who may follow the league but are locked in on one team all season, following a team home and away. Their presence has the potential to throw things off for the 12 teams whose markets don’t have such a focused representative.

Tthe fact that the AFC East has a voter connected to each of its teams means more visibility through voters' lenses for a player on a team in that division than for one in the AFC South or NFC South.

In 2003, when Manning and Steve McNair split the MVP award, there was a voter who covered the Titans, but not one who covered the Colts. The Titans writer backed McNair. If there had been a vote out of Indy, it could have offset that and McNair might not have won his half of the trophy.

Still, that 20 percent of the voters are New York-based or 32 percent come from New York, Baltimore, Washington and Philadelphia lends itself to complaints of East Coast bias -- an issue I am usually loath to give any credence. For a league that extends from San Diego to Miami to Minneapolis, could things be better dispersed?

& peter king & others based in Boston have votes

at thge time of the article it was noted the 50 ap voters

panel of 50 voters assembled by the Associated Press that determines the NFL's year-end awards: MVP, offensive and defensive player of the year, offensive and defensive rookies of the year, comeback player of the year, coach of the year and the All-Pro teams.

Barry Wilner, AP’s football writer, oversees the panel and manages the votes and results. He and AP are not focused on balance, either in terms of voters’ primary focus on their jobs or where they live and work

alot more to article and names the 50 at the time and where from and whose allegience too

as u mean but dont say, Peytons arm / triceps was still a flaky , non muscular , inept thing if he tried to throw before 1st practicing with stokely way later

I view Peyton as a lock for Comeback Player Of The Year. Sorry Adrian Peterson fans this race isn't even close. 4 neck surgeries vs 1 major leg injury...Next question.

Patriots fans have a right to be ticked over the lack of respect their field general gets. "Tom Brady, QB, New England Patriots. Brady is having another typically great season; he's being taken for granted..." I actually think Brady has a legitimate shot at the MVP this year. Don't do dual winners either NFL. Pick 1 name thank you.

Coach Of The Year: Chuck Pagano not Bruce Arians. Pagano changed the whole mindset of this team from our 2 win season last season...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL0C8C6yUKfbfrx-uBDpYTPfMeoFmYTMBy&feature=player_detailpage&v=8AZaQ0q8Hxo

Read my comment # 15 my friend

Enjoy the article:

http://www.nfl.com/n...-deserve-awards

Is the definition of an excellent article defined by the fact that the chose Luck and Manning for the respective awards they would be up for? Would you hav felt the same excellence if he had chosen RGIII and AP instead?