Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chad72

Win or lose - we should be 49ers fans this Sunday

35 posts in this topic

If we win vs the Texans this weekend, we have a shot at a division and a bye week (if we win out). So, we will be Ravens fans and 49ers fans to get as many losses for our AFC rivals Broncos and Patriots that are potential division leaders. Yes, I may be dreaming of a bye week but if I am going to dream at this point, why not make it big? :) We are discussing hypotheticals after all. :) We hold the tie-breaker over Broncos if Ravens beat the Broncos and we win out (since Broncos lost to Pats and Texans while we potentially can beat Texans twice for a bye week). Both Broncos and Colts would then have 3 AFC losses and 1 NFC loss. Next tie-breaker is common opponents.

If we lose, we will be 49ers fans so that the last game matters a little less for the Texans and should we depend on that last game for whatever reason, Texans probably play their starters for about a half, IMO.

Thoughts????

1 person likes this

Boy I can hardly wait and see what kind of replies you get from this question. :funny: I could probably tell you who will post what but I won't. Will just wait and see.

4 people like this

If we win vs the Texans, we have a shot at a division and a bye week. So, we will be Ravens fans and 49ers fans to get as many losses for our AFC rivals Broncos and Patriots that are potential division leaders. Yes, I may be dreaming of a bye week but if I am going to dream at this point, why not make it big? :) We are discussing hypotheticals after all. :) We hold the tie-breaker over Broncos if Ravens beat the Broncos since Broncos lost to Pats and Texans while we potentially can beat Texans twice for a bye week. Both Broncos and Colts would then have 3 AFC losses and 1 NFC loss. Next tie-breaker is common opponents.

If we lose, we will be 49ers fans so that the last game matters a little less for the Texans and should we depend on that last game for whatever reason, Texans probably play their starters for about a half, IMO.

Thoughts????

boy you sure change teams you root for quick :)

Next you'll be rooting for a team because of divisional standings to effect the 2013-2014 schedule :)

1 person likes this

boy you sure change teams you root for quick :)

Next you'll be rooting for a team because of divisional standings to effect the 2013-2014 schedule :)

I pick a side in every game I watch whether it's playoffs, week 2, or some other meaningful game.

Now the side I pick can be for various reasons.

4 people like this

I'm like the nerd in high school, I'll be elated just to get invited to the cool kids party. I don't care who I dance with.

9 people like this

I'm all about scenarios playing out that puts the Colts at a 2 seed. Why on earth would you be against it.

Realistically, it's not likely and I don't think anyone who follows closely would disagree.

The fact that it's possible is pretty amazing, but our guys have to play lights out in Houston and win for this to be on the radar as a real possibility.

While we are pipe dreaming, why not the Vikings week 16 over the Texans? I mean if the Colts do it, surly AP has some kinda shot.

2 people like this

If we win vs the Texans this weekend, we have a shot at a division and a bye week (if we win out). So, we will be Ravens fans and 49ers fans to get as many losses for our AFC rivals Broncos and Patriots that are potential division leaders. Yes, I may be dreaming of a bye week but if I am going to dream at this point, why not make it big? :) We are discussing hypotheticals after all. :) We hold the tie-breaker over Broncos if Ravens beat the Broncos and we win out (since Broncos lost to Pats and Texans while we potentially can beat Texans twice for a bye week). Both Broncos and Colts would then have 3 AFC losses and 1 NFC loss. Next tie-breaker is common opponents.

Thoughts????

Probably be a short dream,but still doesnt hurt to Dream big

My dream was more about waking up beside Scarlett Johansson (including tacky tattoo).

But I'm weird....

2 people like this

Do we hold a tie breaker over Denver?

Not till we win out :), so there are some assumptions there. :)

I wonder if Harbaugh will only evaluate Brady or if he will pursue trying to stop him :).

I don't. We're talking about Harbaugh. He wants to pound everyone.

I already root for San Francisco. They are my second team. Jimmy Harbaugh.

It's hard to not like Jim Harbaugh. Deep down, everyone wants a coach like that with balls.

I'm like the nerd in high school, I'll be elated just to get invited to the cool kids party. I don't care who I dance with.

haha classic....

He can't even pick a quarterback. I very much dislike him.

1 person likes this

http://www.sfgate.co...sue-3597331.php

Harbaugh: 49ers evaluated Manning, didn't pursue

"The 49ers were "evaluating" Manning, not pursuing or "flirting" with him. "It's silly and it's untrue. It's phony," he said..."There would be no circumstance that we would have let Alex Smith go. Now, were we out there seeing, evaluating if we could have them both? Heck, yeah. And you evaluate that, you eliminate the possibility."

Okay there Jim, so if a woman pours water over her date's head & tells them to burn in Hades can we assume that there will me no upcoming nuptials in his immediate future too?

But, what do I know right, I'm merely "evaluating" the situation... :lol::funny::spit:

Top Lies:

"I never wire tapped the WaterGate Hotel." President Nixon

"We're gonna Smoke him out" [Terrorist Bin Ladin] President George W. Bush

"I never had an inappropriate relationship with Monica Lewinsky" President Clinton

"There would be no circumstance that we would have let Alex Smith go... you evaluate that, you eliminate the possibility." 49ers HC Jim Harbaugh

Sure Jim, no interest in #18 at all. ;) :D:yahoo: Yeah Right!!!

Thoughts????

I think we have to eventually forget the notion that Houston is going to just give us the last game....

..where did that start?

With that said....If we lose Sunday....we want SF to beat NE so Denver gets the No.2 seed..and the Colts dont face Peyton Manning.

The Colts want to play Baltimore

I think we have to eventually forget the notion that Houston is going to just give us the last game....

..where did that start?

With that said....If we lose Sunday....we want SF to beat NE so Denver gets the No.2 seed..and the Colts dont face Peyton Manning.

The thing is, if the Texans have banged up players but have wrapped up HFA, they are more likely to rest them not having to gain much from that last game, increasing our chances for a win.

Broncos beating the Ravens accomplishes the same thing of the Colts being in line to play Baltimore, though SF beating NE would be better more for Broncos and Broncolt fans for bye week reasons. :)

Thoughts????

I'm more interested in seeing the matchup because I feel that these are two of teh best teams in the NFL and I really am anxious to see if the Patriots are really that much better than everyone else.

Of course I'll root for captain comeback because he is still one of my favorite colts of all time and I despise the patriots (even though I respect BB a great deal and have a special place in my heart as was DC when the Giants beat Joe Montana and eventually win the SB vs the Bills. A day no New Yorker will ever forget).

I doubt the Ravens will beat the Broncos, but you never know.

It's hard to not like Jim Harbaugh. Deep down, everyone wants a coach like that with balls.

Harbaugh is a distrurbed man..he is not totally sane...

..even his brother knows that

Harbaugh is a distrurbed man..he is not totally sane...

..even his brother knows that

Hahaha I think Schwartz would know that too!

Since we're throwing our Dreams out here. I want a lifetime supply of Apple Juice & to marry Elle Varner

*Shrugs*

I like Jim Harbaugh because his hand shake is 2nd only to Chuck Norris'.

My 2nd favorite team (behind the Colts) is whoever plays the Pats.

Thoughts????

After all is said and done, I think your last statement will matter most. Winning the division and getting a bye is a long shot at best and I think that will be out of reach at Sunday around 4PM. What matters most to me is getting the 5th seed with the hopes that the Ravens are the opponent.

..where did that start?

The Texans want the # 1 seed above all else, right?

The point is if they have that wrapped up by the last game, and the best way for that to happen is for the 9ers to win on Sunday, the Dec 30th Colts v. Texans game may not matter at all for that seeding. So not only would they have nothing to play for, they may decide to sit out players to get healthy and prevent injury.