Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hoosier Colts Fan

Luck to Pro Bowl

30 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, lets make sure Andrew makes it to Hawaii this year (unless of course he's practicing for the Super Bowl). Here's the latest story from NFL.com.

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story/0ap1000000109982/article/robert-griffin-iii-andrew-luck-among-pro-bowl-vote-leaders

Right now, he is the #3 QB for AFC with only our own Peyton and that Patriot guy ahead of him.

GO COLTS... and GO PRO BOWL Voters -- let's get Andrew's ticket punched.

I don't think he'll have a problem in the world being selected.

But I'll help do my part.

1 person likes this

:facepalm: Arian Foster with more votes than AP :facepalm:

It's just proof of the incompetence of regular people voting.

2 people like this

Like Michael Oher and Jeff Saturday and Patrick Willis over Navorro Bowman and John Kuhn over Henry Hynoski and Haloti Ngata over Geno Atkins and Victor Crus over Calvin Johnson and Ed Reed over Jairus Byrd and Matt Kalil over Trent Williams/Joe Staley and Charles Woodson......

Yeah, fans are dumb. Instead of having the Pro-Bowl to recognize the best players, they should have different divisions of All-Pro teams: The First and Second Team All-Pros, All-Conference Teams, and All-Division Teams.

1 person likes this

They are in two different conferences. Irrelevant

1 person likes this

They are in two different conferences. Irrelevant

No, it's not. It's true that AP can't get knocked out, but he is twice the player Arian is, and deserves way more votes.
2 people like this

He only has a 16,000 vote lead over Big Ben, everybody get out and vote because I'm sure the Pittsburgh faithful will be doing the same.

Luck over Schaub? I don't know about that.

Yeah Schaub deserves it, very underrated

Schaub is overrated, it's easy to throw the ball with the best D and running game and a Top 5 WR in the AFC

I'd bet Manning or Brady will either be in the Super Bowl or stay home if they lose before that, so Luck should make it. But Schaub deserves a nod over Luck.

Now if the Colts sweep Hou and win the division, Luck should get in over him.

I voted for Luck about 50 times.

1 person likes this

Honestly, it shows you how the fan Pro Bowl voting is a joke. Guys get voted just by name recognition. I love Luck to death and think he will be an elite QB for the next 15 years. But do I think this year he is a better QB than Matt Schaub and what Schaub has done? No. Do I think RG3 is better than Matt Ryan? No. Problem is Schaub and Ryan aren't flashy players and therefore don't get votes. Jeff Saturday was honestly shot a couple years back. I am surprised he would make the Pro Bowl.

2 people like this

seems like just a popularity contest. I wish they had just the NFL players vote for pro bowl and make a rule that they can't vote for anyone on their own team.

Hey everyone, lets make sure Andrew makes it to Hawaii this year (unless of course he's practicing for the Super Bowl). Here's the latest story from NFL.com.

http://www.nfl.com/p...wl-vote-leaders

Right now, he is the #3 QB for AFC with only our own Peyton and that Patriot guy ahead of him.

GO COLTS... and GO PRO BOWL Voters -- let's get Andrew's ticket punched.

are you forgetting Matt Schaub? 285 of 445, 3,294, 65%, 21 Tds, 10 INTs

Or Andy Dalton? 282 of 445, 3,186, 63%, 25 TDs, 14 INTs

Luck (18 TDs, 18 INTs, 55%) is better than those 4 yet

Of course it's a popularity contest! what else would you expect. its based on Fanbases, win record, and media hype.

1 person likes this

are you forgetting Matt Schaub? 285 of 445, 3,294, 65%, 21 Tds, 10 INTs

Or Andy Dalton? 282 of 445, 3,186, 63%, 25 TDs, 14 INTs

Luck (18 TDs, 18 INTs, 55%) is better than those 4 yet

No he's not he's showing a link to a story with the votes on it and saying Luck is currently in third place.

He's encouraging Colts fans to vote for their QB nothing wrong with that on a Colts forum.

do players even want to go to that anymore? well, they won't if they move it from Hawaii.

MELE KALIKIMAKA

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Gavin" data-cid="358876" data-time="1355362910"><p>

Yeah Schaub deserves it, very underrated</p></blockquote>Schaub name some be scrub he can't win a against good teams pad his stats on lower teams

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Gavin" data-cid="358876" data-time="1355362910"><p>

Yeah Schaub deserves it, very underrated</p></blockquote>Schaub name some be scrub he can't win a against good teams pad his stats on lower teams

The Broncos and Ravens aren't good teams?  He did lead the Texans to a win over both and the Ravens game wasn't even close. 

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Playoffs2013" data-cid="358878" data-time="1355363306"><p>

Schaub is overrated, it's easy to throw the ball with the best D and running game and a Top 5 WR in the AFC</p></blockquote>

Overrated??

The guy is never mentioned in the top QB conversations...

And Luck doesn't deserve pro bowl.