Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

12-12-12 is a Big Day for Draft Watchers....

Over on ESPN.com, it's a feast of draft information from Kiper and McShay....

The only problem is, it's Premium Insider info.... so, I'm somewhat reluctant to give away stuff...

Anyway...

-- Kiper has his top-25 Big Board (don't ask me why it isn't a top 32 to match a 32-team round?)

-- Kiper also has the top-5 at every position for both Seniors **and** Juniors (very important)

-- McShaw has his top 32 Big Board, but also...

-- His first 1.0 Mock Draft (he has the Colts taking Ansah, the DE from BYU)

Insider info (for ALL sports, not just NFL draft) is $40 for the year. $3.33 a month. Apologies for sounding like I'm shilling for the company -- I'm really not -- I'm just encouraging you to consider it if this is the type of info that you like.

mcsahy's board

1 star lotulelei

2 jarvis jones

3 damontre moore

4 chance warmack

5 luke joeckel

6 barkevious mingo

7 manti te'o

8 john hankins

9 bjoern werner

10 sylvester williams

11 dee milliner

12 dion jordan

13 taylor lewan

14 john cooper

15 john jenkins

16 kenny vaccaro

17 sam montgomery

18 alec ogletree

19 ezekiel ansah

20 eric fisher

21 corey lemonier

22 sheldon richardson

23 geno smith

24 justin hunter

25 kawann short

26 keenan allen

27 john banks

28 shariff floyd

29 matt barkley

30 dallas thomas

31 zack ertz

32 tyler eifert

kiper's board has cordarrelle patterson wr tenessee @ 11 and anthony barr olb ucla @ 10....those being the major differences

Ok I was sitting here doing a mock draft and decided to stop because I am just going to do 1-2 more after the season and combine and with teams records and rankings not set in stone yet its near impossible to tell who will go where although I do have a general idea based on talent AND need

Elam doesn't even make his board but Vaccaro is 16? Smh.

A couple of inches taller, 12-15 pounds heavier. Even if everything else were equal, the NFL is a ***very*** size conscious league. Very. Just my speculation. I don't know enough on either to know, but it doesn't seem like an unreasonable guess.

I'm sure as Colts fans we all know a SS doesn't have to be tall to succeed, especially when he's a big hitter.

I agree, But being tall and big sure helps when delivering a big punishing hit in terms of it helps the player delivering the hit not get injured himself(obviously it doesn't prevent it completely but it helps when your not short and delivering vicious hits. 5'10" is not TO TO small but I prefer a Safety 6'- 6'2". I like Elam just not enough to pull the trigger on him in the 1st if the chance is there

I agree, But being tall and big sure helps when delivering a big punishing hit in terms of it helps the player delivering the hit not get injured himself(obviously it doesn't prevent it completely but it helps when your not short and delivering vicious hits. 5'10" is not TO TO small but I prefer a Safety 6'- 6'2". I like Elam just not enough to pull the trigger on him in the 1st if the chance is there

Let's agree to disagree then.

I would be thrilled with Ansah as our pick. Our d-line is not that great. It consists of Redding and a bunch of other guys. Ansah could develop into something.

I would also consider trading down and picking up an extra 3rd round pick if possible. Jonathon Banks, the corner from Mississippi St is the real deal. He has good size and can would be a huge upgrade at the position.