Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne on the radio

Brooklyn Colt

*got this from another Colts board

Reggie was on the Query and Shultz show a bit ago and was talking about a bunch of things.

1) Apparently Redding gave the speech at halftime to the team. Reggie said he does that sometimes when needed but he gave his speech before halftime on the sidelines, to the O Line. What I gathered is he was telling them to get their **** together and Mike McGlynn didnt like it and he as Reg got into it. Gave each other a 5 after the game, water under the bridge.

2) That last drive to seal the W he said he heard what Arians called and said to Allen and Hilton "This is where you make your money." Also when all the RBs went down and only Ballard was left he said the same thing "This is where you make your money." and Ballard said "SHOW ME THE MONEY!" Ballard also got hurt and Arians said "NO! You can't get hurt you are all we have left!" Ballard said "Give me my helmet and put me back in."

3) Reggie was asked outside of Luck which rookie has impressed him the most. He said there were a lot but he said very solidly "Vick Ballard. Vick is ballin right now."

4) Topic got brought up who the pressure was on for the gave at HOU and he said all the pressure is on them. The Colts have far out played what the expectations were and he said the scary thing is they havent played a whole game of ball. "We still haven't played 60 min of Colts ball. And when we start to mesh and do play that full 60 min of Colts ball we will be unstoppable."

LOL the nerve of Mike Mcglynn arguing with a future HOFer..

I didn't see a whole lot of problems with Mcglynn's blocking, looking back on the game. Were there problems? Absolutely, but Olsen, Justice, and Satele were worse.

And thank goodness we have Ballard playing hard, he had a great game and kept drives alive late in the game. More credit should go to Ballard with his style because he is powerful, but also quick. Not fast, but quick.

pretty sure Satele & Justice were playing at less than 100%

Olsen when healthy STARTS at about 85%

So McGlynn knows Reggie knows what is going on, and he knows his DA Rookie QB is ALL About throwing downfield/hanging onto the ball, so ya, I could see a Veteran O-Lineman telling Reggie with some TONE to GET REAL .

You bet Lolly.

You see it watching him in the game, and when I playback in slower motion. Cory Redding appears in the play/Picture almost every time.

Twenty yards downfield, Cory Just doesn`t stop Running/Pursuing. No slowing down, no quiting. It is almost comical, like there is Waldo.

He plays great football, and as if he is still 25. He had gotten banged up a fair amount but comes back the next week and does it again.

They did a great piece many years ago on Tony McCoy, a solid Colt D-Lineman, regarding his ability to come back week after week after getting battered on Sundays. And he was a tremendous gamer! Tony said the answer was easy, he had two freezers at home, one full of food, and the other full of ICE.

Coach Pagano gets an A for knowing his business when he called Redding and saying he needed him. Cory is a Big Piece of our Winning Attitude.

*got this from another Colts board

LOL the nerve of Mike Mcglynn arguing with a future HOFer..

yeah good thing a guy like Jeff Saturday and Glen never did that... Oh wait.

It's the NFL things get heated at times. Just because you are a future hall of famer doesn't make people like getting called out by you any more even if in this case Reggie was in the right. The big thing was what Reggie said at the end water under the bridge.

I'm just glad that Reggie channels what most of us are feeling on our couches on sunday to the guys. I like the reminder that guys really do want to win, opposed to showing up and collecting a big check and being a celeb. It takes some serious veteran leadership to be a guy who can step up and tell the line, your going to tank everything good, because you guys stink on ice right now!. Love it