Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bobourret

I know its in colts fans DNA to want to improve our DLine

15 posts in this topic

I hear all the time that we need to improve are O-line and D-line. Our D-line has been playing very well against the run and we playing with out Nevis and Moala. I have been impressed with them this year.

1 person likes this

i think everyone is amazed wiht how good they have played. having said that, i think everyone wants to see DE/DT (deppending on 3-4) more active on sacks...not only Redding.

i drool at the idea of having Redding Chapman Rookie who can pressure the QB as our front 3. hitting the qb wont be reduced to what mathis and freeney can do now, it would be around 4-5 guys. and IMO, if you conttrol the LOS you win the game.

Well some of the issue will become who replaces Freeney next season? Will we truly become a 3-4 defense and if we do, Mathis is not a good OLB in any space so does that create another hole? What will having Chapman healthy in the middle next season mean for this team, will it free up the ends? Have to develop someone for Redding as he won't get younger. We need a dynamic DE or OLB to get the passer on the ground. Rush defense has been solid enoch but they have been able to pass on us pretty easily so have we been tested enough ? Couple years ago everyone thought we had an awesome pass defense but it was because our rush defense was so bad nobody needed to pass so it looked better than it really was. This team has concerns but what team doesn't, especially one who was just 2-14 a year prior to.

D Line is a solid bunch. They're fairly deep, they've been stuffin' that run. I like our front 7 as a whole. Need more of a pass rush from Freeney, but Mathis and Hughes have been putting pressure on qb's this season. We need some improvements amongst the DB's and def the O Line

I hear all the time that we need to improve are O-line and D-line. Our D-line has been playing very well against the run and we playing with out Nevis and Moala. I have been impressed with them this year.

Yes, playing well against the run. Average at best as far as applying pressure against the pass. Still, that's even better than any rational person should expect considering who's on the line. (I'm not talking about our OLBs)

The O-line has to be priority number 1, but the D-line needs better depth. The only true 3-4 DE's we have is Redding and Moala. Mathews has done alright and Nevis is not a 3-4 DE, plus it seems like Nevis is always injured.

Yes, playing well against the run. Average at best as far as applying pressure against the pass. Still, that's even better than any rational person should expect considering who's on the line. (I'm not talking about our OLBs)

3-4 DE's are not supposed to rush the passer. They are there to free up gaps for the LB'ers to rush the passer.

3-4 DE's are not supposed to rush the passer. They are there to free up gaps for the LB'ers to rush the passer.

True, but pushing the pocket back is putting pressure on the passer.

True, but pushing the pocket back is putting pressure on the passer.

Yeah, and I agree that I would love to find another guy opposite of Redding that is big, strong, athletic, and fast enough to really collapse the pocket and put added pressure on the QB, unfortunately those guys are very difficult for a team to find.

Yeah, and I agree that I would love to find another guy opposite of Redding that is big, strong, athletic, and fast enough to really collapse the pocket and put added pressure on the QB, unfortunately those guys are very difficult for a team to find.

I think the guys we have, Mookie, Guy, Geathers, Mathew, even Tavaseu have done pretty well. Redding has been very good. I'd like to see if that monster Heard can play too.

Like I said, considering that we have a bunch of nobodies except Cory, I'm happy with their production.

I think the guys we have, Mookie, Guy, Geathers, Mathew, even Tavaseu have done pretty well. Redding has been very good. I'd like to see if that monster Heard can play too.

Like I said, considering that we have a bunch of nobodies except Cory, I'm happy with their production.

I agree, I have really liked Guy, and Teveasu. I want to see Heard too. Looks like he some some talent judging from his past stats. Don't know why he hasn't seen the field yet.