•  

Photo

Clark Judge is Giving Bruce Ariens Some Real Praise

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 Bill from Schoolhouse Rock

Bill from Schoolhouse Rock
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

Did anybody see this article on the CBS Sports website? Clark Judge is making a case for BA to get a head coaching chance somewhere.

Arians should be on somebody's short list of coaching candidates

By Clark Judge | Senior NFL Columnist
December 11, 2012 3:52 pm ET

http://www.cbssports...hing-candidates

Selfishly, I hope it doesn't happen...

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11452 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

missed it
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#3 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11452 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

interesting read

PrincetonTiger77

#4 basketballsteve

basketballsteve
  • 733 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

Hope not. I'm hoping that we are saved from BA leaving because I don't think he will be a candidate for a top tier team and I don't think BA will leave for a KC or Arizona where there is no QB. BA has said that he still loved coming to work in Manning's rookie year even though the Colts were losing and taking a pasting because Peyton got better every week, he was special and you could see that it was only a matter of time. I'm hoping that with his past experiences with Peyton and Ben that BA is spoiled and doesn't want to be in a situation where he has no QB because as he has said you can't win in the NFL without a QB.

#5 Brian Casserly

Brian Casserly
  • 3366 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

I don't doubt he'll get feelers but I hope he does not leave. I want Luck to have one OC for his entire career. They can grow together. BA is a very good OC. Give him a top shelf QB and they should do big things together.

* After a thorough investigation, the NFL fined the New England Patriots $250,000.00 for cheating and stripped them of their 1st round draft selection in the 2008 NFL draft. ** After a thorough investigation, the NFL fined the New England Patriots' head coach Bill Belichick $500,000.00 (the largest fine ever imposed on a coach in the league's 93-year history) for cheating.

#6 byrddawg

byrddawg
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

While I agree BA certainly shows he could be a head coach, it would be great to see him spend at least on more year on the Colts sidelines.

#7 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11452 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

He should retire as a Colt when he is ready

PrincetonTiger77

#8 BuildTheMonster

BuildTheMonster

Casey

• 1415 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

I remember hearing him on 1070 the fan saying at this point in his career he really wasn't interested in being a HC somewhere. He's happy being an OC. Also P.Wilson said he thinks colts will add a title to his job description this offseason and give him more money, so I don't see him going anywhere.
Colts,Pacers,Notre Dame and MMA
#TeamMusclePharm #TeamMMAElite #TeamPraiseGod
12to87

#9 gbrads_rants

gbrads_rants
  • 570 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

I was listening to his interview with the Nashville Media on the Titans website...he said he's always wanted to be a HC...just doesnt think he'd be given the chance......hmmm

#10 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11452 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

I was listening to his interview with the Nashville Media on the Titans website...he said he's always wanted to be a HC...just doesnt think he'd be given the chance......hmmm

thats what every coach dreams of

PrincetonTiger77

#11 hawkeyes

hawkeyes
  • 1558 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

They must be impressed with his management of the red flag this season ...

:blueshoe: Lets Go Colts! :blueshoe:

*** DB ALL DAY ***

#12 gbrads_rants

gbrads_rants
  • 570 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

thats what every coach dreams of

I'm sure... problem is a good amount of coaches are going to get the boot this offseason so if Arians gets a shot with lets say The Titans, he'd jump on it because Locker is a young QB that can be pretty awesome if developed appropriately.

#13 HtownColt

HtownColt
  • 5383 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

We need a guy like Bruce Arians presence on our team for next year too. With the health of Pagano still recovering. Even if Pagano does make it back for the last game. He would still be in the recovery process and probably wouldnt be ready to take on the head coaching full duties so we would still need Arians presence around for this team. We should ease Pagano back to his full time duties, don't just throw it all on him as soon as he gets back. Even next year we still need Arians presence on the team

#14 IndyTrav

IndyTrav
  • 2856 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:23 AM

This is funny.

I just made a $25 bet with a friend that Arians isn't in Indy next year because he will be a HC on another team.

I see an easy 7-8 HC vacancies avail. I'm willing to bet(clearly) he lands in one of them.

I like to argue. 

#15 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6663 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

The only thing that worries me about the possibility of Arians leaving, is that Luck would have to learn another new system again. Some of the stuff Arians does drives me crazy, but a young QB needs consistency from the OC spot and 2 different systems in 2 yrs. is not a good way to start.

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today". -- James Dean.

#16 SteelCityColt

SteelCityColt
  • 3358 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

Although I don't agree with his scheme I can't fault the man at all for what he's done for us this season so i do hope he stays.

With a functioning O line this could be a very dangerous team.

#17 SteelCityColt

SteelCityColt
  • 3358 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

The only thing that worries me about the possibility of Arians leaving, is that Luck would have to learn another new system again. Some of the stuff Arians does drives me crazy, but a young QB needs consistency from the OC spot and 2 different systems in 2 yrs. is not a good way to start.

You've met Alex Smith then I take it :P

#18 #12

• 712 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

Given the uncertainty of the situation, with Chuck's health moving forward, I'm guessing Irsay will do what Dallas did with Garrett and pay him like a head coach to stick around. He'll be made assistant head coach and will be treated as somewhat of a co-head coach, as he should be. At this point, he has more head coaching experience than Chuck does.

#19 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11452 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

Good Luck BA in whatever he decides

PrincetonTiger77

#20 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 12910 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

He should this team is 8-2 under him. We can point out all his flaws all we want but he's getting the job done and surpassing just about everyone's wildest expectations in the process!
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#21 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 12910 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

Given the uncertainty of the situation, with Chuck's health moving forward, I'm guessing Irsay will do what Dallas did with Garrett and pay him like a head coach to stick around. He'll be made assistant head coach and will be treated as somewhat of a co-head coach, as he should be. At this point, he has more head coaching experience than Chuck does.

it sounds like chucks health is becoming more of a sure thing. Reggie said after the game that the target is still to have him back on the sidelines for the Texans game and Arains keeps saying the goal is for him to coach the playoff game. He could clearly have a relaspe but he sounds like he is in just about as good of shape as you could hope for given the situation.
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#22 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 5822 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

andrew luck can make arians into a household name

#23 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16356 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

Hoping beyond hope after the season that he gets a HC elsewhere although I dont know where elsewhere would be

#24 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL
  • 2608 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

They must be impressed with his management of the red flag this season ...

He and Jim Schwartz were classmates in Red Flag school... :hat:

“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.”       -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#25 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL
  • 2608 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

That system worked #1 pick Alex Smith.... oh wait... never mind. :beg:

“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.”       -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      24 Apr
    MOB

Opening against the Broncos. Maybe this is a sign of destiny?

Show comments (3)
View All Updates