Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stephen

since houston texas was lucks hometown he may play extra good there.

77 posts in this topic

God darnit Stephen. Every thought that pops into your head is not worthy of a thread.

Lol jeeze some mean people on forums lol

They are a little harsh, but the main idea is still clear. Posting thousands of threads about every tidbit you can think of clutters up meaningless(Not that ALL of yours are meaningless) threads in with the quality threads often throws them off the front page(Which is what most people look at then go away).

You are not the only one to receive this treatment. The offseason that Manning had his surgeries during Andy did the same thing and if I remember correctly got it worse. This is probably the nicest anybody is going to put it so please just calm it down a little bit. I have nothing against you or you posting but it has to be cut down.

1 person likes this

How did i know who started this thread before opening it..lol

6 people like this

I figured it be good topic since rg3 had his best game when he went back to dallas for his homecoming and I think luck will do similiar with houston

It's a healthy thought sure. But as for thread-worthy I don't. They make blogs for this website. It'd probably be best suited as a blog post rather than a new thread. Just a helpful suggestion man I enjoy you posting, just not so much all the threads.

I figured it be good topic since rg3 had his best game when he went back to dallas for his homecoming and I think luck will do similiar with houston

1) It isn't a topic worthy of discussion

2) Hasn't Luck already had his "coming out party"

1 person likes this

I guarntee half these people who called his topic "meaningless" have had atleast one meangless post on here... But everyone is a genious on here so maybe not..

3 people like this

For my own part I'm only poking a little fun and if I do cause any offense people can call me on it and I will apologise, I appreciate that my "humor" might not be to everyone's taste.

I guarntee half these people who called his topic "meaningless" have had atleast one meangless post on here... But everyone is a genious on here so maybe not..

Without wanting to be grammar and spelling police :mod: , was this meant to be ironic? Genuine question.

2 people like this

God darnit Stephen. Every thought that pops into your head is not worthy of a thread.

Why not? This topic is as good as any. It's a legitimate suggestion. Players do like to show their stuff to their home town friends and family. They talk about it all the time.

1 person likes this

This is the perfect game to have a coming out party

Overall, I doubt Luck will notice any difference or even be thinking about where he is playing after he gets on the field if he even is before he gets on it. I think he may notice beforehand if he has a lot of family/friends in attendance, but it will only be on his mind for a short period of time when the game begins. I doubt it will make any difference.

And as someone else already said, Luck has already had his "coming out party."

If the game was played in Germany and Luck's preschool teacher was attending then I think it would definitely be a HUGE factor.

4 people like this

Actually the Titans and Mike Munchak games would have as much importance since His Dad was a teammate of MM and the franchise they played for is the Titans and not the Texans

but

It probably won't matter

I would like to see Luck play well in his hometown, but I don't think it will matter.

The Texan's defense isn't going to be like," Hey Luck is coming home, let's lay down so the kid will have a good game"

I would like to see Luck play well in his hometown, but I don't think it will matter.

The Texan's defense isn't going to be like," Hey Luck is coming home, let's lay down so the kid will have a good game"

lol

1 person likes this

lol

Although I don't see why people are bashing you Stephen, I think it is actually an interesting aspect. I remember Addai had a game against Houston and he played great coming back home.

Maybe the next time they play in Jacksonville, Luck will kill it since there is a Lego based on him and there's a Lego factory in Florida.

2 people like this

This is the perfect game to have a coming out party

Many times, instead of making a new topic, I just post what's on my mind on a related topic. Sometimes it's not even related and completely random ;)

2 people like this

Although I don't see why people are bashing you Stephen, I think it is actually an interesting aspect. I remember Addai had a game against Houston and he played great coming back home.

Didn't he throw a TD in Houston?(to Wayne)

Didn't he throw a TD in Houston?(to Wayne)

Actually no, that particular passing play was a home game against the 49ers.

3 people like this

how much time did he actually spend in houston? germany, west virginia, texas, i dunno.....

vick ballard will throw a td to andrew luck this sunday

I don't know why BA hasn't thrown in some stuff like that. You are luck has mad skills one hand catching balls down the sideline. He would probably even run over a couple cb's after the catch!

how much time did he actually spend in houston? germany, west virginia, texas, i dunno.....

From a radio interview of Oliver Luck it sounded like Andrew played football in middle school and high school while living in Houston.

I don't know why BA hasn't thrown in some stuff like that. You are luck has mad skills one hand catching balls down the sideline. He would probably even run over a couple cb's after the catch!

then he'll kick the extra point for emphasis

You know the Texans have got be like "what PM for all those years and now we have to deal with AL for another 15!" It has to rub them.

1 person likes this

Yea luck played football in middle and highschool there threw for over 7000 yards in hs and rushed for over 2000 along with lots of passing tds

Addai used to play well vs the Texans, he was from Texas. So why not Luck?

To me, if you have to cash in on any doubt that has crept into the Texans' psyche, this is the killer punch game to do it.

Why not? This topic is as good as any. It's a legitimate suggestion. Players do like to show their stuff to their home town friends and family. They talk about it all the time.

"This topic is as good as any". Please. I know my comment seemed very harsh now that I am reading it again, but he doesn't need to create a thread for every little though that comes into his head. I know you mean well, but you're telling me his topics are as good as Andy's write-ups? Or Warhorse's "10 things I think I think" and recent "Standing up and Believing" topics? I know he has the right to post whatever he wants. And I have the right to speak my opinion, which is every thought that pops into his head is not worthy of a thread.

BTW can I just ask what a "coming out party" is anyway? Just saying it means something very different over here!

1 person likes this

"This topic is as good as any". Please. I know my comment seemed very harsh now that I am reading it again, but he doesn't need to create a thread for every little though that comes into his head. I know you mean well, but you're telling me his topics are as good as Andy's write-ups? Or Warhorse's "10 things I think I think" and recent "Standing up and Believing" topics? I know he has the right to post whatever he wants. And I have the right to speak my opinion, which is every thought that pops into his head is not worthy of a thread.

You have every right to decide what you think is worthy of a thread - for yourself. I'm not comparing his topics to anyone's. And I'm certainly not rating them, so don't try to make this about me.

I happen to think it's a legitimate comment. Apparently you don't. It's as simple as that, right? Peace.

2 people like this