Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How the Colts could clinch a Playoff Spot this Weekend.....

NewColtsFan

we need to win this weekend. simple as that. we should not be happy about a wildcard at this point and only 2 games back of division. we actually control the whole situation. we win out we win the division. would it be very tough??? of course, but its possible, thats why they play the game

we need to win this weekend. simple as that. we should not be happy about a wildcard at this point and only 2 games back of division. we actually control the whole situation. we win out we win the division. would it be very tough??? of course, but its possible, thats why they play the game

Well said.....

Multiple ways beyond simply Indy winning....

This is courtesy ESPN.com South Blogger Paul Kuharsky who I think does a very, very nice job.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/44748/indianapolis-clinching-scenarios

I think that the most likely scenario would be: 6) NYJ loss or tie + BAL win + CIN tie + PIT tie... Lol

There is a very probably way that we will be kept out. We need to lose out first off. But then the Steelers need to win out with Cinci winning in weeks 15 and 17. If they beat the steelers we are in. The ravens could lose out and would still be in. If the bengals beat the steelers were in. Even if they lose to the Ravens. There is no need for a tie. If the Jets win out they are in. So our playoffs are far from being in the bag. The Jets have a manageable remaining schedule against the Titans, Chargers, and Bills.

I am very happy being the Wild card team. It was beyond comprehension to think that this team would be talking about playoffs at the first of the season. New GM, New Coach, New QB and 34 other new players are you kidding me. I am a Colts fan but first a realistic NFL teams. We are very fortunate to be where we are and we will strive to be competitive Sunday, but remember Houston is playing for home field advantage and the last thing they want to do is go back to New England. I am thrilled for some of your optimistic opinions, I just hope you are not devastated when your dreams do not come true.

Easy way to get in is with a win. However if we don't win what we really need is a jets loss and ravens win. Those wont officially put us in this week but at that point all we would need is a bengals or steelers loss and they still play each other so someone is going to lose at least one more. Yes I am disregarding ties.