Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

donald brown and robert hudges placed on IR

CR91

And he's replaced by Deji Karim and Mwelde Moore. Arggghhhh! Talk about signing two players who don't equal 1 of Donald Brown. I also see that we've signed Dave Megetts son Davin Megett to the practice squad and released Alvester Alexander for the 100th time. It appears Megett was originally signed as an UFA this season by the Texans. I wonder are we trying to squeeze information out of him about their offense and their calls.

I hate all this bad running back news!

Losing Brown hurts. Moore used to be good in blitz pickup and was a good receiver. Karim was ok in preseason and had some moments vs Jacksonville. This is about as good as the Colts could do but Brown was a big play threat and played his best football at times this year.

just depth most likely. moore could be the 3rd down back though.

He was totally unimpressive both as a blocker and runner on his first stint. The hope is that he should know the plays well enough to not get Luck killed.

I see they signed Davin Meggett to the PS. He may have the most potential out of the new guys. Darn, I had a lot of hope for Hughes.

He was totally unimpressive both as a blocker and runner on his first stint. The hope is that he should know the plays well enough to not get Luck killed.

I see they signed Davin Meggett to the PS. He may have the most potential out of the new guys. Darn, I had a lot of hope for Hughes.

i doubt he sees much playing time. i think ballard has impressed enough to not need a rotation at RB.

is brown done with the colts?

My guess is yes. Brown was not a Grigson guy. Neither was Carter. Vick Ballard is. I'd be surprised to see either Brown or Carter back next year. Ballard has shown enough that he can be a lead back in the NFL. If Grigson can improve the line, Ballard might even be a top tier back.

DB is better than I initially gave him credit for. I think he get's his last season with the Colts, although I wouldn't be upset or surprised if he's let go. I do have to say if this is so long, then I salute him for providing us with the one of the most memorable Peyton moments..ever!

DB is better than I initially gave him credit for. I think he get's his last season with the Colts, although I wouldn't be upset or surprised if he's let go. I do have to say if this is so long, then I salute him for providing us with the one of the most memorable Peyton moments..ever!

haha

My guess is yes. Brown was not a Grigson guy. Neither was Carter. Vick Ballard is. I'd be surprised to see either Brown or Carter back next year. Ballard has shown enough that he can be a lead back in the NFL. If Grigson can improve the line, Ballard might even be a top tier back.

All true but getting rid of Carter and Brown sounds extreme, Why remove two players who have at least year left on there deal when neither are the problem only to have 2 unecessary holes to fill. I think both will be back next year and guys like Moore and Karim will be cut again, Both were brought in for depth

I disagree on Mewelde Moore. He had one bad game with the Colts this year with a fumble and a drop. He was called for holding twice on plays that McGlynn and Justice whiffed on blocks.....that Luck would have been killed spot on.

He is a veteran and has always been considered a reliable 3rd down back and pass blocker. He can also handle kickoffs when needed. Ballard, Carter, Karim, and Moore are fine. Not sure where the anti-Moore stuff is coming from.....why we EVER signed Alexander to the PS to begin with was a waste of time.

Like Donald Brown or not, he will be missed. Here is to hoping Ballard and Carter can hold up, and hold onto the ball!! GO Colts and good luck to DB in his recovery :colts: :colts: :colts: ...as well as Hughes. :coltslogo: :coltslogo: :coltslogo:

I don't know, he missed a lot of time.