Photo

Brandon Jacobs and Ronnie Bartell

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 chad72

chad72
  • 9423 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

Brandon Jacobs is having serious issues with the 49ers, how about we take him off their hands? Is it possible?

I also watched that Bartell guy with the Raiders at CB on Thursday night football. He made a pretty good INT in the Broncos-Raiders game picking off an underthrown Peyton pass. If coached up, I think he can make a good man CB.

Thoughts???

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 IndyD4U

IndyD4U

Nothing changes, if nothing changes

• 1443 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

I wouldn't be objected to signing Jacobs somehow. I liked him in NY and the dudes a BEAST!

"Once you learn how to quit, it becomes a habit"

_ Vince Lombardi

#3 HungarianColtsFan

HungarianColtsFan
  • 2751 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

BJ is a little old for a RB, isn't he? I think with Ballard and Brown we are set at RB spot and Carter is a decent 3rd RB.

We need some serviceable CBs besides Davis and Butler.

COLTSTRONG

#4 IndyD4U

IndyD4U

Nothing changes, if nothing changes

• 1443 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

I believe he is 30. Not a long term answer by any means.

"Once you learn how to quit, it becomes a habit"

_ Vince Lombardi

#5 krunk

krunk
  • 3877 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

The problem is the 49ers will not cut him because they are afraid he'll end up back with the Giants who would be in direct competition with the 49ers. There are other issues I'm concerned with as well where I think he wouldn't be the right fit. I do like Jacobs as a player though when he is actually playing.

#6 chad72

chad72
  • 9423 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

To me, there is more upside in the short yardage with Brandon Jacobs than with Delone Carter, that would be the main reason. He also has ample experience between the 20s.

#7 krunk

krunk
  • 3877 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

Mike Chappell@mchappell51

#colts apparently have signed RB Deji Karim to active roster. Tells me either Donald Brown (ankle) or Delone Carter (ankle) not ready.

Expand

https://twitter.com/mchappell51

#8 GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE

GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE
  • 823 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

Donald brown and Robert Hughes on ir

#9 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7439 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

Brandon Jacobs is having serious issues with the 49ers, how about we take him off their hands? Is it possible?

I also watched that Bartell guy with the Raiders at CB on Thursday night football. He made a pretty good INT in the Broncos-Raiders game picking off an underthrown Peyton pass. If coached up, I think he can make a good man CB.

Thoughts???

Trade deadline is over, right? How could we get them? Are you suggesting they get released?

#10 NorCalColt

NorCalColt
  • 739 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

Brandon Jacobs has now worn out his welcome on two teams because he is a 'me first' guy, can't split time, thinks he is the man still. He hasn't rushed for 1000 yards since 2008. And the 49ers aren't going to cut him anyway, so it's moot. But if he was a FA, I'd still say no.

#11 chad72

chad72
  • 9423 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

Trade deadline is over, right? How could we get them? Are you suggesting they get released?

Ronnie Bartell at least was released after the TNF game. Not sure what the reason was.

He is probably the one we could use more, IMO, and have a practical shot to get.

Here is the article about his release:

http://www.examiner....ck-owen-schmitt

I was a bit surprised he was released after I saw him play in that particular game. But he had not been doing well in the earlier games which sealed the deal for him.

#12 Nostrils

Nostrils
  • 468 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

#13 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6664 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

Mike Chappell@mchappell51
#colts apparently have signed RB Deji Karim to active roster. Tells me either Donald Brown (ankle) or Delone Carter (ankle) not ready.

Expand

https://twitter.com/mchappell51

I liked Karim before he got released so I think this is a pretty good pickup. Quick, stout, low center of gravity.

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today". -- James Dean.

#14 krunk

krunk
  • 3877 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

I liked Karim before he got released so I think this is a pretty good pickup. Quick, stout, low center of gravity.

I also liked him in the pre-season as well. He's a 4.3 guy so he's fast, but he never seems to get anything meaningful accomplished. He was like that in Jacksonville, and he didn't do enough to make our squad in the pre-season. Not sure what is holding him back

#15 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

I saw where Jacobs has filed a grievance against the 49ers, where he wants either a ) to be reinstated, or b ) released. If he's released he would have to clear waivers, which is based on the 2013 draft order(2012 record) at this point, so the Giants would have first crack at him compared to the Colts.

http://www.nfl.com/s...er=asc&colSel=5

#16 Steagles

Steagles

Matt Overton and I!

• 882 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

Did you forget he threw his helmet at a colts fan?

I am predicting 11-5 this year for the Colts. 

#17 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 11477 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

We're a young team. We don't need Jacobs. He's Garbage now. He's like 3rd String right now
"I differ what they prefer, so they count me like the census"

#18 T Y Goodbye

T Y Goodbye

Formerly known as CF4L

• 1966 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:45 PM

If available, I would say sign him up for the rest of this year. We need more depth at RB with the injuries, (and Ballard was pretty beat up last week). And we all know he is very capable of producing in short yardage situations. He's not happy in SF, so maybe he'd wake up enough to have that proverbial "chip on his shoulder" and help us come playoff time as well.. In this rare case, go for it..

But as FJC put it in his post..we probably wouldn't get him anyway..

Marcus Mariota....Heisman Watch (Oregon 6-1) QBR 191.0

Week 7 vs  Washington passing: 24-33, 336 yards, 2TD's, 7 carries, -1 net yards. 0 TD's (sacked 3 times)

2014 stats after 7 games 132-188 (70.20%) 1,957 yards, 19TD's, 0 INT,  YPC 10.4, 56 rushes, 289 net yards. (18 sacks for -97 yards) 5TD's 1 rec. 26yrds 1TD

#19 Andy

Andy
  • 8919 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:59 AM

Brandon Jacobs' career is over. These bruiser backs don't last long in this league, and I'm shocked he's even still playing past 30.

Definitely wouldn't want him...

As for Bartell, I would like the old Rams' Bartell, not the new Raiders. He's been a big disappointment for them.

Andy
Writer for: The Montreal Gazette, and various other websites

Posted Image

#20 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 16709 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

Bartell but not BJ
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

COLTS TICKETS!