Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chad72

Brandon Jacobs and Ronnie Bartell

20 posts in this topic

Brandon Jacobs is having serious issues with the 49ers, how about we take him off their hands? Is it possible?

I also watched that Bartell guy with the Raiders at CB on Thursday night football. He made a pretty good INT in the Broncos-Raiders game picking off an underthrown Peyton pass. If coached up, I think he can make a good man CB.

Thoughts???

I wouldn't be objected to signing Jacobs somehow. I liked him in NY and the dudes a BEAST!

BJ is a little old for a RB, isn't he? I think with Ballard and Brown we are set at RB spot and Carter is a decent 3rd RB.

We need some serviceable CBs besides Davis and Butler.

I believe he is 30. Not a long term answer by any means.

The problem is the 49ers will not cut him because they are afraid he'll end up back with the Giants who would be in direct competition with the 49ers. There are other issues I'm concerned with as well where I think he wouldn't be the right fit. I do like Jacobs as a player though when he is actually playing.

To me, there is more upside in the short yardage with Brandon Jacobs than with Delone Carter, that would be the main reason. He also has ample experience between the 20s.

1 person likes this

Brandon Jacobs is having serious issues with the 49ers, how about we take him off their hands? Is it possible?

I also watched that Bartell guy with the Raiders at CB on Thursday night football. He made a pretty good INT in the Broncos-Raiders game picking off an underthrown Peyton pass. If coached up, I think he can make a good man CB.

Thoughts???

Trade deadline is over, right? How could we get them? Are you suggesting they get released?

Brandon Jacobs has now worn out his welcome on two teams because he is a 'me first' guy, can't split time, thinks he is the man still. He hasn't rushed for 1000 yards since 2008. And the 49ers aren't going to cut him anyway, so it's moot. But if he was a FA, I'd still say no.

Trade deadline is over, right? How could we get them? Are you suggesting they get released?

Ronnie Bartell at least was released after the TNF game. Not sure what the reason was.

He is probably the one we could use more, IMO, and have a practical shot to get.

Here is the article about his release:

http://www.examiner....ck-owen-schmitt

I was a bit surprised he was released after I saw him play in that particular game. But he had not been doing well in the earlier games which sealed the deal for him.

1 person likes this

I liked Karim before he got released so I think this is a pretty good pickup. Quick, stout, low center of gravity.

I also liked him in the pre-season as well. He's a 4.3 guy so he's fast, but he never seems to get anything meaningful accomplished. He was like that in Jacksonville, and he didn't do enough to make our squad in the pre-season. Not sure what is holding him back

I saw where Jacobs has filed a grievance against the 49ers, where he wants either a ) to be reinstated, or b ) released. If he's released he would have to clear waivers, which is based on the 2013 draft order(2012 record) at this point, so the Giants would have first crack at him compared to the Colts.

http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=league&season=2012-REG&sort=OVERALL_WIN_PCT&order=asc&colSel=5

1 person likes this

We're a young team. We don't need Jacobs. He's Garbage now. He's like 3rd String right now

If available, I would say sign him up for the rest of this year. We need more depth at RB with the injuries, (and Ballard was pretty beat up last week). And we all know he is very capable of producing in short yardage situations. He's not happy in SF, so maybe he'd wake up enough to have that proverbial "chip on his shoulder" and help us come playoff time as well.. In this rare case, go for it..

But as FJC put it in his post..we probably wouldn't get him anyway..

Brandon Jacobs' career is over. These bruiser backs don't last long in this league, and I'm shocked he's even still playing past 30.

Definitely wouldn't want him...

As for Bartell, I would like the old Rams' Bartell, not the new Raiders. He's been a big disappointment for them.