Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who do YOU want?

Draft: Kenyon Barner..a fast, elusive back, that has great hands, and can break tackles..He would be a perfect compliment to Ballard in the backfield, and we need more quality depth at RB..(after the OL is addressed)

Free Agents...Any of the aforementioned OL...Clady would be awesome to get...but he'll more than likely be franchised..

Draft: Kenyon Barner..a fast, elusive back, that has great hands, and can break tackles..He would be a perfect compliment to Ballard in the backfield, and we need more quality depth at RB..(after the OL is addressed)

Free Agents...Any of the aforementioned OL...Clady would be awesome to get...but he'll more than likely be franchised..

Facepalm...you are right after the OL is addressed and also after D-Line and secondary.

I want Chance Warmack.

The reason I said Barner is

A.) Look at our RB situation for this week..Ballard beat up, (but still playing)..Brown out, Carter hurt and has fumbleitis, and the other guy..Hughes..

B.) We probably could get him in later rounds, without sacrificing early picks for OL, and if we don't its not a big loss...

C.) More than likely, we will address the secondary, DL, and any other position through FA, since we will be way under the cap...

Just because it isn't a pressing need...doesn't make it a wrong pick...We need to build for depth, as well as talent.. (see last years draft with 2 TE's and 2 QB's)

I do like Barner alot though, But give a healthy Donald Brown an O Line in front of him then he can be real good

I agree..Ballard and Brown, (when healthy), is a decent backfield...with a good OL, they'd be very good..but it couldn't hurt in the later rounds, to pick up a guy like Barner (projected to be a 4th to 6th rounder) Depth at RB is very important nowadays in the NFL, with all the injuries to backs..Side note..I haven't checked his projected round lately, so it may have gone up a bit. I just like Barner's hands and toughness. With all our cap space, why not take a flyer on him, if available from the 4th-6th round.

A.) Look at our RB situation for this week..Ballard beat up, (but still playing)..Brown out, Carter hurt and has fumbleitis, and the other guy..Hughes..

B.) We probably could get him in later rounds, without sacrificing early picks for OL, and if we don't its not a big loss...

C.) More than likely, we will address the secondary, DL, and any other position through FA, since we will be way under the cap...

Just because it isn't a pressing need...doesn't make it a wrong pick...We need to build for depth, as well as talent.. (see last years draft with 2 TE's and 2 QB's)

Im with ya on Barners talent no question. we may have a shot at him in later rounds although I dont know how later you mean. There are all kinds of ways to try to deal with needs and depth and talent to go eith those needs and positional depth. Our drafting two Tight Ends obviously had to do with lack of any depth, and talent. Now we obviously have depth at RB, I dont buy the argument that RB has lost some value because the NFL has moved to a more pass friendly league because 3 running backs went in the first round alone this year(I dont see that happening in the next draft). We have at least 3 running backs right now though under contract for the foreeable future, Brown 1 more year, Carter-I forget the exact number but more then 1 and Ballard more then 1, We have no O Line for any of these guys to run behind and they were all real talented in College so I dont believe that they are the problem or that drafting another talented running back will solve our problems, combine that with other needs and I just would not draft him especially cause he is probably a mid round pick at this point anyway. extremely fast and I like him but not enough to draft him

I agree..Ballard and Brown, (when healthy), is a decent backfield...with a good OL, they'd be very good..but it couldn't hurt in the later rounds, to pick up a guy like Barner (projected to be a 4th to 6th rounder) Depth at RB is very important nowadays in the NFL, with all the injuries to backs..Side note..I haven't checked his projected round lately, so it may have gone up a bit. I just like Barner's hands and toughness. With all our cap space, why not take a flyer on him, if available from the 4th-6th round.

With that said the title of this thread is who do YOU WANT and not who do we need and if thats who you want theres not a stinkin thing wrong with that

You're not going to get Barner in the later rounds. He'll likely be gone by the end of the 3rd round. We've got other much more pressing needs.

If he falls to later rounds.... then fine... but otherwise....

Hard to pick just one from my FA list but I'll go with Jairus Byrd.

Draft Xavier Rhodes.....I've noticed a few others are getting on the Rhodes train, but it needs more members.

Rhodes is likely not a 1st round guy. Likely a 2nd or 3rd round guy. I don't want him in the first round and the Colts don't have a 2nd round pick, so I think our chances of getting him are not very high... if he somehow falls to the 3rd round, then great....

But otherwise.....

You're not going to get Barner in the later rounds. He'll likely be gone by the end of the 3rd round. We've got other much more pressing needs.

If he falls to later rounds.... then fine... but otherwise....

Could happen (technically, like I said I wouldnt go for him) but there are plenty of running backs that could go early (some of which wont because of off the field issues)

Montee Ball

Stepfan Taylor

Joseph Taylor

Eddie Lacey

Le'veon Bell

Silas Redd

Micheal Dyer

Cierre Wood

Some may not come out but enough could to push Barner to the later rounds given and there are enough more high profile Backs who could be argued are better for one reason or another

even though a couple have another year of eligibility

Or, how about we build depth where we have none I.E. both offensive and defensive line and also have fringe talent there. The combo of Ballard and Brown is more than enough.

I swear you people act like I said I wanted him first overall, or above anyone else. This is a thread about who each of us personally would like to see on the team. I also said if he is available 4-6th rounds, why not take a flyer...

I stated many times that we need OL help first and foremost, and we have other needs as well...DL, secondary...etc...We are over 35 mil in cap space, so some will be addressed by FA . We always need depth at all positions, just like any other team...

Another reason I stated why not take a shot in a later round if he's still available...is look at our RB situation right now..Brown's been hurt for a lot of the season...when he's in he's a very good back...Ballard is playing so well, but the season is taking its toll..Carter is hurt, and has a great tendency to fumble, hence him getting benched for a lot of the year..We had to pick up Karim this week just to have some kind of back up...This doesn't bode well for us in the upcoming weeks, with us heading into the playoffs..So why not take a flyer on a mid round pick if he's available...I'm not saying we have to...its something I wouldn't mind seeing...

Like I said..I wouldn't mind seeing him in Colt Blue..will it happen, probably not..Its just something I personally wouldn't mind seeing...which is what the title of this thread is all about..its no skin off my back if we do or we don't...

I swear you people act like I said I wanted him first overall, or above anyone else. This is a thread about who each of us personally would like to see on the team. I also said if he is available 4-6th rounds, why not take a flyer...

I stated many times that we need OL help first and foremost, and we have other needs as well...DL, secondary...etc...We are over 35 mil in cap space, so some will be addressed by FA . We always need depth at all positions, just like any other team...

Another reason I stated why not take a shot in a later round if he's still available...is look at our RB situation right now..Brown's been hurt for a lot of the season...when he's in he's a very good back...Ballard is playing so well, but the season is taking its toll..Carter is hurt, and has a great tendency to fumble, hence him getting benched for a lot of the year..We had to pick up Karim this week just to have some kind of back up...This doesn't bode well for us in the upcoming weeks, with us heading into the playoffs..So why not take a flyer on a mid round pick if he's available...I'm not saying we have to...its something I wouldn't mind seeing...

Like I said..I wouldn't mind seeing him in Colt Blue..will it happen, probably not..Its just something I personally wouldn't mind seeing...which is what the title of this thread is all about..its no skin off my back if we do or we don't...

No Problems here

Rhodes is likely not a 1st round guy. Likely a 2nd or 3rd round guy. I don't want him in the first round and the Colts don't have a 2nd round pick, so I think our chances of getting him are not very high... if he somehow falls to the 3rd round, then great....

But otherwise.....

I respect your opinion, you have a lot of football knowledge, but you know as well as anyone that various websites prospect projections are meaningless to teams. Last year I was really wanting Derek Wolfe in the 4th round based on projections, but he ended up going in the early 2nd. Russell Wilson was supposed to be a late round project pick. I am no scout, but when I look at Rhodes' game, I see a first round pick.

I respect your opinion, you have a lot of football knowledge, but you know as well as anyone that various websites prospect projections are meaningless to teams. Last year I was really wanting Derek Wolfe in the 4th round based on projections, but he ended up going in the early 2nd. Russell Wilson was supposed to be a late round project pick. I am no scout, but when I look at Rhodes' game, I see a first round pick.

Appreciate the kind words.....

But, this is why I don't pay much attention to most websites. Most literally have no idea what they're talking about. Especially once they get past the first round.

Kiper/McShay/Nawrocki (Pro Football Weekly)....

I believe their information to be closer to reality.... I wasn't surprised at all on Wolfe last April, he was a Kiper/McShaw favorite. Wilson went one round higher than I expected, but I didn't see him as a late round pick. Rhodes has slipped in the grading of these guys. Not a lot. Not that far. But a little.

And these grades are far from set in stone. They'll change plenty between now and late April. This is just the snapshot as of today. Much will change in the next 4 months.

Hope this helps....

Appreciate the kind words.....

But, this is why I don't pay much attention to most websites. Most literally have no idea what they're talking about. Especially once they get past the first round.

Kiper/McShay/Nawrocki (Pro Football Weekly)....

I believe their information to be closer to reality.... I wasn't surprised at all on Wolfe last April, he was a Kiper/McShaw favorite. Wilson went one round higher than I expected, but I didn't see him as a late round pick. Rhodes has slipped in the grading of these guys. Not a lot. Not that far. But a little.

And these grades are far from set in stone. They'll change plenty between now and late April. This is just the snapshot as of today. Much will change in the next 4 months.

Hope this helps....

I'm waiting for Mike Mayock's prospect breakdowns. I love watching games where he's a commentator....very knowledgeable football guy. The thing about Rhodes, he has not had the kind of numbers he had last year. A lot of guys put too much stock in numbers. He is a Nnamdi Asomugha clone in both size and being a predominantly press corner. I don't know about you, but I love my corners to be able to press. Disregarding the last couple of years by Nnamdi, where he has given up more targets/completions than he did for years in Oakland, he has never been a numbers guy....he's been a guy that QBs just don't throw at. That is the kind of corner I want.

Whether or not he pans out is to be determined obviously, and I'm not scout, I just want Grigson to get us a big press corner.

I'm waiting for Mike Mayock's prospect breakdowns. I love watching games where he's a commentator....very knowledgeable football guy. The thing about Rhodes, he has not had the kind of numbers he had last year. A lot of guys put too much stock in numbers. He is a Nnamdi Asomugha clone in both size and being a predominantly press corner. I don't know about you, but I love my corners to be able to press. Disregarding the last couple of years by Nnamdi, where he has given up more targets/completions than he did for years in Oakland, he has never been a numbers guy....he's been a guy that QBs just don't throw at. That is the kind of corner I want.

Whether or not he pans out is to be determined obviously, and I'm not scout, I just want Grigson to get us a big press corner.

Mayock is another guy I like.... I just wish he did more of it. Seems to focus on the draft once the regular season is over... So, until then, I stick with the three I mentioned above...

Good point on Rhodes and press coverage. My one concern right now on Rhodes is size. I worry he's too big. That if he's that big when he enters the NFL, how big will he get a few years down the road. I don't want him to grow into a safety, at least, not if we spend a #1. If we can nab him in the 3rd round (not sure we can) or the 2nd round (if we trade down) then that's another possibility.

Just thinking out loud here in this post.... so many moving parts.

Right now I'm thinking about beefing up both lines. We'll win or lose at the Line of Scrimmage. Gotta get younger, more physical and more athletic on both sides of the line.

Just my two cents...

Right now I'm thinking about beefing up both lines. We'll win or lose at the Line of Scrimmage. Gotta get younger, more physical and more athletic on both sides of the line.

Can't argue with that. The Free Agency crops are a lot stronger in the trenches (especially on the Dline) than they are at corner, so I feel Grigson will improve the lines through that...at least that's how I'd do it.