Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ESPN to dial down Tebiw insanity

oldunclemark

and the world will be a better place...

ESPN to limit coverage of New York Jets QB Tim Tebow: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000109251/article/espn-to-limit-coverage-of-new-york-jets-qb-tim-tebow

But one four letter network admits it led the charge a little too aggressively.

ESPN president John Skipper said he has told producers to dial back all the network's Tebow coverage, according to Sports Business Journal.

Skipper said he was bothered by a quote from former ESPN radio host Doug Gottlieb, who once was told by a producer that "you can't talk enough Tebow."

Edited by Nadine
exerpt reduced, link added, font decreased

Me either. It's not going away, especially if he gets traded to Jacksonville or Philly next year.

Exactly. It's easy to say they will tone down the Tebow talk when he's not doing anything. But when he is on the field again. It will kick up again.

Exactly. It's easy to say they will tone down the Tebow talk when he's not doing anything. But when he is on the field again. It will kick up again.

Hahaha it will probably start this summer during training camp. It's never gonna get old.

Except when he played against UK I have been a Tebow fan and have been very upset with the way he has been treated in NY

Me as well. Loved watching the guy in college and his season last year was great. Don't worry though, he will get another chance. He has too much potential and appeal to not get at least one more chance to start on another team. The Jets are a catastrophe and should not have even gone after him. I'm guessing they just wanted more media attention, like they needed it or something. :yuk:

wow if they do that..the'd have to talk about actual playing and real things...

What is Skip Bayless going to do????

Don't worry Skip has "Triple Tebow immunity" written into his contract. He contractually can bring up Tebow while discussing any topic he chooses. Football, basebal,l hockey, basketball, women's lacrosse. Anything at all.

They should have dialed it back after Elway shipped him out of Denver. We all knew he wasn't an NFL-caliber passer at that point. The "he just wins" stuff was complete nonsense.

I only like a couple guys from espn, mangini, tom jackson, hassellbacks dad, jaws, gruden, ditka

Hasselbeck's... dad? You mean his brother?

Isn't it common sense to lower it down? Sorry but they created this monster. They were so obsessed with Tebow last year, they were camped outside the Jets for training camp as if they had just won the Super Bowl.

Now they want to "limit" down on it, after they've shoved it down our throats so bad. Remember the stories of the ex-writer who said "You can never talk enough Tebow". It's too late for ESPN to dial down on it. They created this insanity, they deserve every bit of blame for it. This is part of the reason why I don't even watch ESPN anymore. The Jets themselves are 5-7 and they talk about them like they are a Super Bowl team, just like the Eagles, who have lost 8 or 9 games and they still talk about them non stop. ESPN is the most biased East coast sports network ever.

It's lame, he's a back up QB that's not a good passer and never plays. What's to talk about, a year old flash in the pan? Maybe they should talk about him when some genius figures out he's actually just a RB/FB, Tebow finally excepts it and actually does something with his NFL career instead of using it as a platform.

Me either. It's not going away, especially if he gets traded to Jacksonville or Philly next year.

Yes but his hair flows effortlessly in the breeze, his abs stun the world with brilliance. His form is perfection in every aspect besides for when he's on the football field. He is the most interesting man in the world, he is the legend of his fall and the forest to his gump.

Who wouldn't want to hear about him daily.

Yes but his hair flows effortlessly in the breeze, his abs stun the world with brilliance. His form is perfection in every aspect besides for when he's on the football field. He is the most interesting man in the world, he is the legend of his fall and the forest to his gump.

Who wouldn't want to hear about him daily.

It's hard to listen to men talking about another man running in the rain with his shirt off.